Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

3.7

Love this. My hair gets a little greasy at the roots towards the end of the day so I was a little doubtful at first since I thought I'd just get my hair all gross if I used this. BUT it's light and NON-greasy and makes my hair looks soft and shiny and smooth. My hair's always been on the dry side, especially my ends. And for the first time in my life, my hair doesn't look like hay! :D

I have medium-length hair, and 1-2 pumps is enough for all over my hair.

on 5/31/2013 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this styling oil! I usually use only all natural oils on my hair but I use them before shampooing, and I wasn't pleased with their effect on clean hair, since they make clean hair look oily. So I wanted to try out a dry oil. I got this one because it's cheap and IT IS SO NICE!! I am SOOO pleased with it! I have very thick, coarse, dry, long, curly hair, so I do need quite a bit. I actually squirted on FOUR pumps on each side of the hair the first time I used it, because I was used to the teentsy tiny pump on The Body Shop's grapeseed oil. I used it on damp hair. I was afraid it would look greasy, on damp hair it made the hair look shiny and oily. But I was so amazed, when it was dry, there was no sign of the oil at all! All I had was shiny, soft, bouncy, silky hair that was a pleasure to touch! The next time I tried just 2 pumps on each side but it wasn't enough, even on wet hair it didn't look like I had put anything on. So now I use 3 pumps on each side. But like I said, that is because I have very thick, coarse, dry, long, curly hair, and I think I could dunk it in a whole bottle of oil and it still wouldn't look greasy! But if you have thin or fine hair, or not a lot of hair, or oily hair, then I would recommend you only use a small amount. I also love the smell, I guess that's just personal taste. It sort of smells like sweet flowers, but the smell doesn't linger.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I received this product via bzzagent and was excited to try it. Garnier describes this as a miracle oil that can be used on your hair, body, and face. It contains olive, avocado, and shea oils which are to provide nourishment leaving your skin soft and hair silky. I gave it a go on my hair dry and damp. Both times my hair looked like it hadn't been washed in weeks. Grease city. I also tried it on my body and it did absorb pretty quickly but I still felt there was a bit of greasy residue left over. I didn't even think about putting it on my face because I only imagined the horrid breakout it would likely cause. If you have super thick and coarse hair, this might work for you...otherwise don't waste your time.