Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

3.0

on 9/19/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I keep trying to like this product. I like a bit of hair oil on my wavy, sort of dry hair. But every time I've tried to use Garnier's "triple nutrition miracle dry oil," it's an oil slick. Sorry, shiny oil slick. It is shiny. The end result looks like I'm overdue for a wash. Maybe I'll try using a smaller amount. But I'm about to give up and round file this product.

on 2/16/2014 5:56:00 PM

don't use this stuff on your hair! makes it look nasty

on 1/19/2014 12:13:00 AM

Okay so, I got really excited last summer when I found this. Oil? That I could supposedly use on my hair and body? Heck yeah, gotta try this! I was seduced by the idea of dry (which I naively thought would mean lightweight) oil. Especially at the price. Probably $4 CDN.
Took it home and started trying it out. Tried it out on my skin. And immediately noticed how shitty the bottle was to hold with dry-oily hands. Maybe I'm a clumsy girl but the roundness of the bottle is hard to hold to spray it. So on my skin, I really didn't mind it. A really nice glow for summertime, especially on my legs and arms. Not bad. Nothing thrilling, no fireworks.
Then I tried it on my hair. What a mistake. It really made my hair look like I hadn't showered in a week! Disgusting. I have since found better hair oil (Thank you L'Oreal mythic hair oil!), and even better face and body oil (shout outs to the body shops beautifying oil in coconut). Both of these have better packaging, and far better scents. Sorry, Garnier.

Love this. My hair gets a little greasy at the roots towards the end of the day so I was a little doubtful at first since I thought I'd just get my hair all gross if I used this. BUT it's light and NON-greasy and makes my hair looks soft and shiny and smooth. My hair's always been on the dry side, especially my ends. And for the first time in my life, my hair doesn't look like hay! :D

I have medium-length hair, and 1-2 pumps is enough for all over my hair.

I've tried so many hair oils and shine treatments and I'm always left disappointed. Most oils leave my hair greasy and make me break out, and shine treatments contain silicone which looks great at first but dries out my hair after weeks of use. This is the first oil I've tried that looks really natural once my hair dries. I think the secret is to put it on just-out-of-the-shower hair and only use a little. Same thing with putting it on your skin, only use the tiniest bit and put on on very damp skin. I haven't tried it on my face yet because I'm so acne prone but I might try it since it hasn't caused any problems with my sensitive skin so far. I'm not sure of some of the other reviewers got an old bottle since oils can go rancid but mine smells wonderful. In the bottle it smells like citrus but on my hair and skin it smells like tropical candy. I'm really happy I found this product and it was only $5.99! That is so much cheaper than all the other hair oils I've been trying so far.