Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

3.0

1 review

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

After months of hearing good reviews about this product, I caved in and bought a bottle for myself. The pear-shaped plastic pump bottle is practical (wow, so many "p"s) and kind of cute. The oil itself smells mildly sweet and fruity and warms up quickly when placed on the hand.

I tried applying this product to one half of my hair just after showering. I have thick, wavy hair about elbow length, and I needed two pumps for one half of my hair. The first thing I noticed was that the side of my hair with the oil in it dried significantly faster than the hair without any product. It probably took about half the drying time, which was quite amazing. So this was a major plus for me. The scent lingers lightly, but it's barely noticeable unless you actually grab a bunch of your hair and smell it.

In terms of frizz control, I noticed a slight decrease in the level of frizziness of my hair, but nothing major which was a bit disappointing. Any effect that the product had on my hair wore off over the day as well, and by the evening, my hair had once again become its usual frizzball.

My hair did feel softer and looked slightly shinier too, but again, this wasn't very noticeable so overall, it kind of felt like it was a waste of time applying the product to my hair.

The next day, I tried applying the oil to dry hair. The "20 cent coin" sized recommendation barely did anything to my hair which was still frizzy and dry looking, so I doubled it. This left my hair feeling pretty heavy and oily at first, but that sensation wore off after around 10 minutes. This volume of product appeared to tame my frizz and boost shine a little, but my hair still felt like there was a fair amount of product in it- definitely not weightless like it's advertised.

I feel like this product would probably be more effective on ladies with finer, shorter hair than mine. It did seem to work to an extent, but for me, it wasn't worth the amount of money that I spent on it, so I won't be repurchasing.