Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

2.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

11/9/2015 update:
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I am having such a hard time finding this in stores, I really hope they didn't discontinue it.

Garnier recently released a few new oil products called Marvelous Oil. The packaging is similar but DO NOT TOUCH THEM. THE INGREDIENT LISTS SUCK. ******ONLY****** go for the Garnier Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil. This actually contains quality ingredients. While the new one is...........very subpar. If Garnier did infact discontinue Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil for THAT, I'm going to be pissed and write them off as a brand.
-----------------------

I have used a lot of dry oils on the market. The reason I love them is they properly moisturize my hair without weighing it down with a heavy texture. It'd be awesome if every cosmetics company created one. But, I do have a big issue with the isopropyl alcohol (aka drying rubbing alcohol) I'm seeing in a lot of formulas such as Loreal's.

I've decided that bullet points would be the best way to review this product.
Pros:
-No isopropyl alcohol.
-Not many cheap fillers (common in drugstore lines)
-A lot of the ingredients are natural and proven as beneficial.
-Very moisturizing.
-The price is the best per ounce that I've found.

Cons:
-This is the heaviest "dry oil" I've found. I much prefer the lightweight formulas that Ion or Alterna have.
-A few of the ingredients are very pore-clogging. So if you have acne, I'd be careful of getting this on your pillowcase.

All in all, I like this product but Ion Keratin Dry Oil Mist is still my HG. There's a review in my profile for that if you're interested. I probably would repurchase this if I couldn't make it out to Sally Beauty Supply, so I gave it a "yes".

Definitely does not give a 'weightless' feel.
I would only ever use it again when my hair is wet after a shower.
Putting in in dry hair, even only one spray, makes hair very greasy and gross.
No thanks - i'll stick to argan oil itself.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had this 2 years Ago. I bought it in Germany, i don't remeber the Price but I remeber that it was expensive.
First I liked it, made my hair sleek und shiny, but When I looked at the ingredients I realized that it is a silicone bomb. After two Werks of use, i Washrd my hair with a exfoliating shampoo. And it felt horribly dry. This Product is definitely nothing for me.

on 3/4/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This truly is a miracle for my hair.
I ave VERY dry and frizzy hair with lots of natural wave. Until I found this product I was unable to wear my hair down in it's natural state. Friends keep asking me what treatment I had done to my hair and are always surprised when I tell them it's just this $5 bottle of oil.
This has the potential to make your hair look very gross and greasy, so be warned! I have long thick hair and I only use two squirts for my entire head! If you have a more average amount of hair one would probably do it.
When I get out of the shower I quickly towel dry my hair, just enough so that it's not dripping. Then I spritz a little (seriously, just a little. this product does not dry or work in) on my hair and comb it through. Then I let my hair air dry. That's it! Perfect beachy waves with extremely minimal friz every time.

on 2/16/2014 5:56:00 PM

don't use this stuff on your hair! makes it look nasty

on 2/8/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is one of those oils that is not heavy feeling but very slippery and coating. The scent is typical fruity Garnier and it's too strong. It does fade but before it does it bothers me. Not a horrid product but not worth repurchasing either. I'd rather use a straight "real" oil such as almond or olive right out of the bottle for my hair and skin rather than this product. Don't get me wrong, I am an oil person and use different oils all the time but this product is not one I will recommend. It is very inexpensive so I do not feel bad for not liking it!

on 1/19/2014 12:13:00 AM

Okay so, I got really excited last summer when I found this. Oil? That I could supposedly use on my hair and body? Heck yeah, gotta try this! I was seduced by the idea of dry (which I naively thought would mean lightweight) oil. Especially at the price. Probably $4 CDN.
Took it home and started trying it out. Tried it out on my skin. And immediately noticed how shitty the bottle was to hold with dry-oily hands. Maybe I'm a clumsy girl but the roundness of the bottle is hard to hold to spray it. So on my skin, I really didn't mind it. A really nice glow for summertime, especially on my legs and arms. Not bad. Nothing thrilling, no fireworks.
Then I tried it on my hair. What a mistake. It really made my hair look like I hadn't showered in a week! Disgusting. I have since found better hair oil (Thank you L'Oreal mythic hair oil!), and even better face and body oil (shout outs to the body shops beautifying oil in coconut). Both of these have better packaging, and far better scents. Sorry, Garnier.

I have thick wavy hair, and during the colder seasons I tend to have split ends. In an attempt to remedy that problem I picked this up, and boy do I regret it. I will admit, I have used this on my body and it gave a slight moisturized feeling, but it was also greasy. On my hair, the grease problem is at least twofold. I sprayed this on the ends, massaged and spread it through, and waited for about half an hour to see if it would absorb, and it hadn't budged a bit. It had looked like I hadn't washed my hair at all in the past month. It took two hefty duty washes and a brush through with dry shampoo to get all of that oil out of my hair. Seriously, it was gross. The smell of the product is also somewhat off, so if you're sensitive to smells, please stay away. I loved the concept, but the put out isn't right. Will not be purchasing again.

I've tried so many hair oils and shine treatments and I'm always left disappointed. Most oils leave my hair greasy and make me break out, and shine treatments contain silicone which looks great at first but dries out my hair after weeks of use. This is the first oil I've tried that looks really natural once my hair dries. I think the secret is to put it on just-out-of-the-shower hair and only use a little. Same thing with putting it on your skin, only use the tiniest bit and put on on very damp skin. I haven't tried it on my face yet because I'm so acne prone but I might try it since it hasn't caused any problems with my sensitive skin so far. I'm not sure of some of the other reviewers got an old bottle since oils can go rancid but mine smells wonderful. In the bottle it smells like citrus but on my hair and skin it smells like tropical candy. I'm really happy I found this product and it was only $5.99! That is so much cheaper than all the other hair oils I've been trying so far.