Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

3.2

on 2/19/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been searching everywhere for a great dry oil - and I FINALLY found one with this product! Last year I bought a very expensive bottle of a French brand dry oil while in NYC and after I ran out I have been unable to find anything decent where I live (Chicago). The other day I ran across this product while at Target and noticed it was part of Garnier's new Argan Oil line. I've used other products within the line that are just so-so. But this dry oil is amazing. On the packaging it states that you can use it on your hair, skin and face. I have used it everywhere and it is mild and incredibly moisturizing and doesn't irritate my skin in the least. It is great on my hair; I use it after it is dry and it adds shine and tames frizz without making it oily. The best part of a good dry oil is the ability to get the benefits of an oil without any oily residue because dry oil absorbs quickly and dries (duh lol!) dry. Maybe why they call it DRY oil??! ;) Additionally, I use body oil or baby oil (the cheap thin kind) to shave. I have never ha razor burns or bumps since I started doing this. I've been using this dry oil as a pre AND post shave product and it is wonderful! I'm typically not a huge fan of Garnier products but I would highly recommend this very versatile product!

on 2/20/2013 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Everything about this oil sounded like perfection to me. The whole idea of it was fabulous, especially for my dry frizzy uber fine hair. But one spray and I just couldn't use it again. The smell was just repugnant to me. I tried to use it again, but just could not get past that smell. I am not talking, not my scent, it kind of made me gag. So before you try this smell it, just to be sure you can handle the scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I received this product via bzzagent and was excited to try it. Garnier describes this as a miracle oil that can be used on your hair, body, and face. It contains olive, avocado, and shea oils which are to provide nourishment leaving your skin soft and hair silky. I gave it a go on my hair dry and damp. Both times my hair looked like it hadn't been washed in weeks. Grease city. I also tried it on my body and it did absorb pretty quickly but I still felt there was a bit of greasy residue left over. I didn't even think about putting it on my face because I only imagined the horrid breakout it would likely cause. If you have super thick and coarse hair, this might work for you...otherwise don't waste your time.

I've tried so many hair oils and shine treatments and I'm always left disappointed. Most oils leave my hair greasy and make me break out, and shine treatments contain silicone which looks great at first but dries out my hair after weeks of use. This is the first oil I've tried that looks really natural once my hair dries. I think the secret is to put it on just-out-of-the-shower hair and only use a little. Same thing with putting it on your skin, only use the tiniest bit and put on on very damp skin. I haven't tried it on my face yet because I'm so acne prone but I might try it since it hasn't caused any problems with my sensitive skin so far. I'm not sure of some of the other reviewers got an old bottle since oils can go rancid but mine smells wonderful. In the bottle it smells like citrus but on my hair and skin it smells like tropical candy. I'm really happy I found this product and it was only $5.99! That is so much cheaper than all the other hair oils I've been trying so far.

I'm a huge fan of dry oil because it makes my hair very shiny and straightens it out. I use it about once a month as a deep treatment and it helps prepare it for any use of heating treatments. I used this before going to prom and my straightened hair looked like i got a brazilian blowout. I have used other oils such as a moroccan oil which i think worked better for my hair but none the less it's a good dry oil to try at least once.

on 5/31/2013 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this styling oil! I usually use only all natural oils on my hair but I use them before shampooing, and I wasn't pleased with their effect on clean hair, since they make clean hair look oily. So I wanted to try out a dry oil. I got this one because it's cheap and IT IS SO NICE!! I am SOOO pleased with it! I have very thick, coarse, dry, long, curly hair, so I do need quite a bit. I actually squirted on FOUR pumps on each side of the hair the first time I used it, because I was used to the teentsy tiny pump on The Body Shop's grapeseed oil. I used it on damp hair. I was afraid it would look greasy, on damp hair it made the hair look shiny and oily. But I was so amazed, when it was dry, there was no sign of the oil at all! All I had was shiny, soft, bouncy, silky hair that was a pleasure to touch! The next time I tried just 2 pumps on each side but it wasn't enough, even on wet hair it didn't look like I had put anything on. So now I use 3 pumps on each side. But like I said, that is because I have very thick, coarse, dry, long, curly hair, and I think I could dunk it in a whole bottle of oil and it still wouldn't look greasy! But if you have thin or fine hair, or not a lot of hair, or oily hair, then I would recommend you only use a small amount. I also love the smell, I guess that's just personal taste. It sort of smells like sweet flowers, but the smell doesn't linger.

on 6/21/2013 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ooolala.great on dry hair but absolutely divine on tanned skin. I wore this and got compliments out of the blue on how good my legs looked. Gives you that VS glow.
Have already bought 2 back ups.I have Booths Dry Monoi oil and Proclaim Miracle 7 but this one tops both of those.Beats plain oils as it has a lovely light smell too.
A mulititasker you can use on hair, face,oil, figure that 1 product for 3 uses is a steal and travel must.

Love this. My hair gets a little greasy at the roots towards the end of the day so I was a little doubtful at first since I thought I'd just get my hair all gross if I used this. BUT it's light and NON-greasy and makes my hair looks soft and shiny and smooth. My hair's always been on the dry side, especially my ends. And for the first time in my life, my hair doesn't look like hay! :D

I have medium-length hair, and 1-2 pumps is enough for all over my hair.

I have thick wavy hair, and during the colder seasons I tend to have split ends. In an attempt to remedy that problem I picked this up, and boy do I regret it. I will admit, I have used this on my body and it gave a slight moisturized feeling, but it was also greasy. On my hair, the grease problem is at least twofold. I sprayed this on the ends, massaged and spread it through, and waited for about half an hour to see if it would absorb, and it hadn't budged a bit. It had looked like I hadn't washed my hair at all in the past month. It took two hefty duty washes and a brush through with dry shampoo to get all of that oil out of my hair. Seriously, it was gross. The smell of the product is also somewhat off, so if you're sensitive to smells, please stay away. I loved the concept, but the put out isn't right. Will not be purchasing again.

on 9/23/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like this for my hair, but it is great for my legs. I would give this a 4 for my legs, but like a 2 or a 1 for my hair. I will try it again in my hair as the weather gets colder and dryer to see if I get better performance. Hopefully it will be less greasy than when I tried it this summer. If it still looks terrible in my hair I will definitely use it on my legs. It is slightly greasy at first, but less so than oils like coconut oil. It is easy to just spray on your legs and rub in quickly. Has a nice pleasant scent, but it might bother someone who is sensitive to fragrance.

I can see myself buying this again for my legs and skin, but not so much my hair. I will try it again for my hair when the air is dryer and my hair gets frizzy and dried out to see if my opinion changes on this product. I will update if it does. :)

Popular Styling Products