Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish - Cherry Frost

Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish - Cherry Frost

Wowzers. This lipstick is deeply pigmented while feeling like a lip balm. What a surprising combo! It's much moister than the other shades I own in this line, it definitely has more slip (maybe a bit too much, lipstick on GUMS!)

This is a glam-Christmasy red with golden shimmer. Most frosty lipsticks I've owned have silver shimmer, this one is really unique. The shimmer doesn't actually look frosted in the traditional sense, though you can see it, it just looks richer somehow. This might be Mrs. Claus' go to lippie.

While deeply pigmented, this does wear off middle first leaving the ring around the mouth. It doesn't leave a lot of stain behind (only in lip lines though it doesn't settle with a full application) so it wears off unevenly. Be prepared to reapply after eating.

If you swatch on your arm this does lean fuchsia based red, but on my lips it actually looks warmer; it comes off as a deeper, more complicated red than a retro red does.

Very lovely overall, and VERRY smooth.

on 4/13/2015 11:53:00 PM

This lipstick is just ok for me. I prefer the mega last matte line over this one but the lipstick itself is ok

on 3/26/2015 8:57:00 PM

Okay, i never buy red lipstick. I am more of a plum gal. Anyway, decided to try this because it was so cheap and, surprisingly, I really like it. Hate the packaging, A lot. In fact, that may be the reason I won't buy it again--the lipsticks that I've bought from wet n wild are great in terms of color, longevity, lip feel, but man, the packaging just really, really sucks. Anyway, they're cheap and pretty much disposable, so I'll use them until the packaging annoys me too much.

on 2/11/2015 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Isn't this color so beautifully 80s? Well, maybe not. I wasn't even born yet in the 80s, so I wouldn't know. Still, I can totally picture this shade on some sexy rocker woman in a Def Leppard-esque music video.

It's quite cool-toned, has a tiny smidgen of shimmer and it's glossy, but not LIP GLOSS level glossy, so your hair doesn't get stuck in it while you're teasing it up to the ceiling while Ratt plays in the background, or whatever.

Anyway, it goes on just like silk, doesn't settle into the lines of your lips, and it lasts. I mean, it LASTS. Listen - I wore this last summer to an hour-long Fourth of July parade, 90+ degrees, WITHOUT LIP LINER (gasp! shriek! etcetera), and you're not gonna believe it: this stuff did NOT budge. Not even a little bit. I even drank some soda straight out of the can a few times, no straw. I didn't even need to touch it up! This stuff is seriously bulletproof.

The reason why I am only giving this 3 stars is because after using this, I got a mega super serious case of contact dermatitis. It took a month to heal. I must be allergic to something in the formula. If you have sensitive skin like me, be careful!
If you don't have sensitive skin, this will probably be your next drugstore HG.

A nice red without the full intensity of some others. I love it!

This WnW lipstick is a beautiful blue/red with the slightest shimmer -- don't be deceived by the "frost" in the name. It's not overpowering frost at all. It's a medium coverage lipstick with the slightest sheen to it, making it come off on my lips as a stain right from the start (which I love). This is as good as any higher priced drugstore lipstick I've tried, and this one's a mere .99 cents!

It is slightly drying feeling on the lips, but not terrible, and it does seem to find tiny wrinkles around my lips and want to bleed. I'll wear this next time with my ELF lip lock to prevent bleeding. The biggest drawback of this lipstick is the packaging -- the lipstick doesn't wind all the way down in the tube, the lipstick is a little shaky inside the tube, the cap is loosely attached when product is "closed," packaging is ugly and thin plastic that is easy to break.

on 5/8/2013 10:32:00 PM

Dupe alert! This is a dupe for Mac's New York Apple. It may be a bit more 'red' than the blue in NYA but it's mighty close. Hate the packaging, I usually lob off the top 1/3 of WnW lippies. It is drying, which for me is a huge draw back. I love a more creamy l/s. It is pigmented. I think I'll stick with NYC's "Ruby" over this one for a frosted blue red l/s, Ruby is far more sheer and creamy. This is a great preppy red l/s with a tan and blonde hair, it's a look that is classic. I'm on the fence about drugstore l/s's...you get what you pay for...not great feeling, but in a pinch this will work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HG red lipstick right here. I can't find a single thing wrong with this lipstick, and it's become my go to for a dramatic look.
The color is gorgeous; super pigmented, red, with a slight shimmer. It's stunning to wear. The lasting power is ridiculous. It can survive a high school seniors hurried lunch, but will come off with one swipe of a makeup removing towel.
The issue I have with most lipsticks, especially matte ones, is sooner or later, they dry out my lips. While I wouldn't call this a moisturizing lipstick, it kept my lips very happy and un chapped.
Lastly, the fact that it's a mere 99 cents says it all. If you're debating trying a red lip or just want another to add to your collection, by all means, try this!