Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

4.3

Water, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water, Myrtus Communis (Myrtle) Leaf Water, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dimethicone, PEG-75, PEG-8, Glycereth-26, Sorbitan Stearate, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Amara (Bitter Almond) Kernel Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil, Cinnamomum Camphora (Shiu/Camphore Leaf) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Sweet Orange) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Osmanthus Fragrans (Osmantus Absolute) Flower Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Seed Extract, Linalool, Limonene, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cladosiphon Okamuranus Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, PEG-100 Stearate, Sucrose, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Wax, Panthenol, Pantethine, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Sterols, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol, Bisabolol, Caprylyl Glycol, Caffeine, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dextrin, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'll admit, I was very skeptical to try this mask. However even though its summer my skin has been dry. I bought the 1.7 travel size to test out which I think was $17.00 dollars. Full size is $26.00.

For my acne and scars I use the glam glow supermud every few days and decided to put this on after since the glamglow can be drying. I've used this about 6 times.

My skin is so soft and smooth and stays that way the next day underneath my makeup. I even have a slight glow. The tone has improved. I only apply a tiny amount so the 1.7 ounces will actually last me a while. If you apply too much then it does feel greasy. I also like the smell which is just refreshing. My breakouts have also improved.

on 6/15/2016 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This mask is a lifesaver. For reference, I have very dry skin that can be dehydrated, depending on the weather. I am not sensitive to plant extracts or fragrances, although I experience a lot of redness. I am also a skier and live in the desert (we'll get into that later).

This is my favorite product when my skin is so dry it feels painful. It is extremely soothing going on, has a very thick and rich texture, and the scent is a very pleasant, apricot/ floral smell but it is very strong and I can smell it when I wake up if I put it on at night. I live in a very dry climate and this feels thick and moisturizing while still sinking in so it doesn't slip and slide all over the face, which is nice if you want to get to sleep.

As I mentioned, I am a skier. I took a ski trip with my family this past winter and brought some sheet masks and the First Aid Beauty Hydra-Firm cream, thinking it would be more than enough moisture. Spoiler alert: it wasn't. I arrived 2 days before the rest of my family and had 2 days of unbearable dryness and flakiness. On top of the cold, dry climate, I left my neck gaiter (face cover) at home so I had some windburn. Long story short, I looked like a lizard. I made sure my family brought my Origins mask with them when they finally made their way to the mountain, and the mask cured my flakiness overnight. I seriously call this my miracle mask because it is that good at fixing horrible dryness- there's a reason it's called "intensive".

I took off one lippie for a few things. The fragrance is so strong; I am fond of it, but lots of people are sensitive to fragrance and it is very overpowering. It is also a heavy product and I would not suggest it for those with oily or acne-prone skin. I get hormonal acne, and I stay away from this when I know I have a breakout coming up. It has some comedogenic ingredients like coconut oil, so make sure you can find the complete ingredient list (the one on Sephora's website is not complete) before purchasing if you know there are certain ingredients that break you out. If used as intended, a once-in-a-while emergency moisturizing mask, you should be fine, especially if you wash your face well in the morning. Just be aware of both the positives and the negatives!

To Read all 79 Reviews, Login or Join

I purchased this to get rid of the dryness around my mouth area. Worked really well & now I use it as moisturiser! Great to use day & night even for combination oily skin!

on 5/24/2016 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have very sensitive/reactive skin and am pretty skeptical about product claims and careful with what I put on my face. I was looking for something to wear overnight on long-haul flights and for dealing with general skin craziness during travel. Everywhere I looked, people seemed to love this, and, well...I do too.

I applied it at night after washing my face and using a light layer of jojoba oil. In the morning my skin looked the way it does when I get really wonderful vacation sleep - plump, clear, smooth, calm. It was very nice!

I've since used it happily around once per week or after a particularly long day when my skin felt dry. Any more than that and I found it too rich for my skin and noticed some small breakouts.

I haven't used this under or around my eyes.

Pros:
- Actually does what it says on the package!
- A little goes a long way - only need a small amount (pea-size) for whole face
- Feels cool on application
- Really lovely, faint apricot smell, not at all overpowering (lovely if you like apricot, ha)

Cons:
- A travel size (1.7oz) is $17 - more than I would normally spend, but in-store Origins has had little deals, so I'd check that out
- Can feel a little bit tacky at first, but absorbs nicely after a minute or so

TL;DR
It's a lovely product that does what it says: moisturizes and leaves skin looking hydrated in the morning. Great for once per week and/or long-haul flights. Any more and it was too rich for me.

on 5/23/2016 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i love this mask. i am on my second one and it's just a stable in my routine i use it around 2-3 nights a week. I have dry skin and this is what my skin needs when it feels a bit dry and dull. i also love the scent. would definitely recommend.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

My favorite overnight mask.

Every time I use it, the next day I look so good.

Once upon time I relied on it so much and I didn't even use any other cream or lotion at night.

The only problem of it is that it's texture is too thick that it always tarnish my clothes of beddings. Except for that, it is perfect.

I love the peach smell so much.

on 4/16/2016 10:18:00 AM

This mask smells amazing (I personally love the heavy traces of apricot) and is my go-to whenever my skin is feeling a little dry or tired. As soon as I put it on my skin feels more supple and hydrated, but never oily. In the morning I'll notice that it's particularly soft as well, so it's had to underestimate the effectiveness of this mask. To me it's more like a night time moisturiser for when I want to give my skin a little more TLC - it's so simple to use.

on 3/14/2016 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this. My t-zone is oily and around my mouth and cheeks is pretty normal, until fall/winter where I get dry patches. I do also suffer from the occasional eczema flare up. This works wonderfully.

When my skin needs the boost in hydration, I wear this to bed and wake up feeling like an oil slick. But after a few quick swipes with my witch hazel, my skin is clean and very very smooth. For my tougher spots (dry flakey patches near mouth, or eczema sites), I apply a small amount of this like i would a moisturizer.

This doesn't break me out. This doesn't clog my pores. I find that it actually sinks in very quickly. The scent is very pleasant. Fruity, but not so much so that it makes me nauseous. I love the packaging. I feel that for the price the packaging makes me feel like Im getting every last drop.

The cost is pricey. But if I buy the travel size, that lasts me at least half the year. And if I buy the full size, I get a year and change's worth of product. I personally dont get the large size too often, because when I start my new tubes (the smaller travel size ones) I've noticed the slight change in color. My older tube is a shade or two darker while my newer one would be that nice light creamy color. Just my thoughts and idiosyncrasies.

on 3/7/2016 12:01:00 AM

Pros:
-No breakouts for my combination, sensitive, and acne-prone skin
-Would be PERFECT for airplane travel
-Makes my skin soft, hydrated, and renewed in the morning. Such a treat amidst the harsh and dry winters!

Cons:
-Smells like orange zest - I'm not a fan, but I'm sure others are!
-The price is steep. Honestly though, this product is so good that it's worth every penny. After I'm done travel size, I'm getting the full-size.

Tip: Whenever I have a dry patch on my skin in the morning, I use a tiny bit of this mask and apply it over the area like a moisturizer. I haven't had any problems with breaking out and it really does help my foundation glide over more easily!

on 1/27/2016 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the smell of this mask and I really like the effect it gives my skin. I use it at night before bed and the next morning I wake up and my makeup goes on super smooth and my skin is very supple. I am on my 2nd tube and would definitely repurchase again. I have combo skin and break out fairly easily and haven't had any reaction to the scent.

Popular Masks