Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener Spring 2013 Repackage

Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener Spring 2013 Repackage

4.1

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopentyldiol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Humulus Lupulus Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Sasa veitchii, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linoleic Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Linolenic acid, Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, Lecithin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Polysilicone-11, Alumina, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/, 1 dimethicone, Propylene carbonate, Laureth-7, Butylene Glycol, Sodium chloride, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77891, CI 77163, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this yesterday when I went to Nordstrom to replace my Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer. I love that concealer but I find it a bit heavy, and I do not suffer from dark circles unless I'm very tired, so it felt like overkill. I got this in Light Bisque and applied it in the car before driving home - it immediately brightened my undereye area. I was actually taken aback at the difference it made. I was not wearing any makeup, so maybe I just looked nicer than I had 5 minutes ago. I love the way this blended into the skin, it didnt sit on top like I find concealers to do. It's 100% NOT a stand alone product for anyone trying to cover their dark circles, but the girl at the counter said she uses it over regular concealer just to highlight and brighten. I can definitely see it working well over concealer since it's so light and sheer. I have always been a fan of Bobbi Brown and I am glad I liked this also. Price was about 28 at Nordstrom, which is pretty on par for Bobbi Brown products.

on 1/7/2016 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have slightly dark under eye circles. Nothing too crazy, but enough to make me look tired. I have this in the shade peach. I really like the consistency of the formula. Very creamy, and very easy to blend. It is a little pricey, but it is quality product. Only problem is if you have really dark under eye circles, which happened to me a bit after purchasing this, I noticed it did not help all that much for that. Also, it does not last very long. It'll just 'fade away' at some point. So staying power wise, is not that great. This is ideal for brightening your under eye, but not for something heavy duty, as it is just a tint for your under eyes as per the name, obviously.

To Read all 30 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/24/2015 9:34:00 AM

I have been buying this product for a few years. Shade is light bisque. I like it because it glides on easily and unlike another brand I tried, doesn't sit in wrinkle lines. I don't use much product - I don't think I have too much darkness to conceal - it just lightens the under eye area and makes the overall eye area look better.
I would be reluctant to use a heavier or thicker product than this as I think the under eye area is best with a light touch.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I like the wand packaging atleast. But for me it only makes my undereye bags more visible. Every time I have worn this people comment how tired I look. I wear it in shade Light Bisque. It is just very sheer and thin. I have actually better luck with Shiseidos eye zone corrector. I bought this becuase someone recommended it for me becuase I am battling with eye bags. I dont have such dark cirkles really just the puffiness. I wont repurchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm so glad I got the Tinted Eye Brightener as it meets my requirements for what I want in a concealer:
lightweight formula
makes me look awake
doesn't crease into the lines under my eyes (crucial in my late 40s)
long lasting
excellent colour match

I will note that I don't have really dark circles so I don't need heavy coverage. If you have prominent dark circles, this product will disappoint with its light coverage.
I can't wear heavy duty concealers as they always cake and crease into the under eye lines which ends up in a crepey look. No thanks.
I use the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector #2 as a base and then use the Tinted Eye Brightener (#7 Light to Medium Peach) for additional coverage and this has become my makeup routine for my under eye area. The result is a very natural and polished look.

The price tag for this combination is steep ($37 CAD for each product) but I believe in spending the extra money to get the right colour match and formula preference for base/face products. An inexpensive concealer that doesn't work for you and sits in your makeup drawer is a waste of money compared to a costly one that does work and gets daily use. For reference, I'm NC30 but definitely get matched in person as ymmv.

Another winner from Bobbi Brown and yes, a definitely re-purchase.

on 8/6/2015 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am usually a b20 in Chanel vitalumiere aqua. Got this in 7 light to med peach. Perfect match for me as it has a bit of yellowness in it.
Being a tinted eye brightener, it only provided a sheer to medium coverage. However, I find this is better than the heavy coverage dark circle concealers. This is more liquidy, therefore easier to blend, and looks more natural compared to those that have a thicker consistency. I have found that this is the only under eye concealer that does not cake on me. I've got this 'line' that all concealers sit in, so I'm not complaining when this one does also. Whilst it does not provide high coverage, it does brighten up your under eyes, giving a more awake look. Lasts pretty much all day until I take it off at night. I don't have really dark circles, so I am happy with the result of this eye brightener. When I tried it at the counter, the lady put tonnes of it on. I've realized that you don't actually need to whack loads on, as that will just make it more cakey and fake looking. A thin layer is enough for me. Might be best to try it at the counter and see what its like before purchasing. I find the lights in the stores are always rubbish, and somehow makes the products look amazing. But I would buy another if I run out. Not anticipating that to happen anytime soon though. A lot of product still remains!

on 6/28/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have Porcelain Peach, which is the perfect color for reducing the look of undereye circles. I usually wear Sand in BB foundations, and Porcelain Peach is still a fleshtone but just peachy enough to counteract blue. It covers fairly well despite the fact that it has a thin texture and is meant to be used in conjunction with other products - you are supposed to be able to layer another concealer on top of it, but a lot of times I use this alone.

The 2013 repackage made this easier to apply with a doe's foot applicator on the end of a wand, similar to the lip gloss packaging. Good to carry in a purse, and I find that it doesn't crease.

Only one concern: I recently had a bout of contact dermatitis and could not use this for at least a week. A lot of products were irritating to me at the time so I don't want to single this one out as the only culprit. But it did burn. I couldn't use it until my skin had recovered to its normal state.

I was able to use Cle de Peau, products from Illuminare. I wish I knew which of the ingredients made the Tinted Eye Brightener irritating. If you have normal skin, don't worry about it. But if you have an inflammatory skin problem such as rosacea or eczema, please test it before buying.

Shade I have is #7 - light to medium peach. Dual purpose- may be used alone or over a concealer with heavier coverage. By itself, it will lighten the undereye area and provides good, light coverage. Over concealer, it will give it that extra oomph. This did not settle on my fine lines like some reported here. The only thing I can suggest is to blend blend blend to avoid that. For a "highlighting" concealer, this is pretty opaque that's why for days that I want a lighter make-up I only use this. You do have to set this with powder
(applied using a sponge with patting motion) to keep it in place. I have religiously set my concealer this way and it has improved the longevity of the concealers I have used. I might try to use this alone without "setting" to see how long-wearing it is. But so far I will keep repurchasing.

on 6/18/2015 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Disappointed with this concealer. I bought it to conceal darkness on my under eyes, but the formula is so sheer that it doesn't cover darkness practically at all. My dark circles aren't that bad, so I would recommend this product only if you have very little to hide or you just want to brighten the under eye area. I considered using this for only brightening purposes, because it does really brighten and makes you look more awake, but some ingredient in the formula makes my eyes water. I believe it might be Isostearyl Neopentanoate. Therefore, the brightening factor lasts on me only for half an hour and after that, I end up with red eyes. On the positive side, the concealer never creases nor looks heavy.

I'm around NC15 and I bought the shade "Porcelain Bisque", which is a pretty good match on the darkness scale, but a tad too pink for my neutral skin.

I strongly recommend testing this before buying, so you know if the coverage is enough for you. Here is also the full ingredient list:

Water - Cyclopentasiloxane - Isopentyldiol - Polymethylsilsesquioxane - Dimethicone - PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone - Hydrogenated polyisobutene - Humulus Lupulus Extract - Glycyrrhiza Glabra - Gentiana Lutea Root Extract - Sasa veitchii - Sodium Hyaluronate - Linoleic Acid - Isostearyl Neopentanoate - Linolenic acid - Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate - Lecithin - Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate - Disteardimonium Hectorite - C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate - Polysilicone-11 - Alumina - Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate - Hexyl Laurate - Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/
1 dimethicone - Propylene carbonate - Laureth-7 - Butylene Glycol - Sodium chloride - Disodium EDTA - Phenoxyethanol - [+/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) - CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) - CI 77491 - CI 77492 - CI 77499 - Mica]

on 2/9/2015 3:45:00 PM

I guess I am the only person who doesn't like this product. The formula just doesn't work for me at all, it settles into lines, doesn't blend and looks patchy on my skin. I have tried it alone, with eye primer, with concealer. Blending with fingers, with a brush and a sponge. Nothing makes it work! It was so highly recommended and reviewed, but turned out to be such a major disappointment.