OPI You're Such A Budapest

OPI You're Such A Budapest

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an interesting shade/ formula. I needed three coats, and even then, it's a little sheer. I like this quality - it reminds me of glazed pottery or something.

Since it has a good bit of grey in it, I think of it as thoughtful and pretty rather than outright happy. It's a pleasant diversion from my optimistic pinks and lively brights.

on 3/27/2017 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am torn because this is a really pretty color but it's so hard to apply. The formula is very thin and streaky so it takes three coats and even then it's not 100% opaque. It's a cute summer color though.

on 8/18/2015 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually love polishes that have tones of purple, blue and gray, but this was not flattering on my cool toned skin. It was such a pretty color in the bottle. The color was a little too light so it looked chalky. It was also streaky. Even at 3 coats I still had some bald spots. Just not for me.

on 8/28/2015 7:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This cream polish by OPI is one of my favorites.
It is a light, but not pastel, cross between purple and periwinkle.
It had a wonderful formula; opaque in 2 coats. It wears about the same as other OPI polishes (a decent amount of time) with proper base and top coat. (I currently use OPI chip skip, Zoya anchor and Seche Vite to get the longest lasting manicure possible.)
I would highly recommend!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- beautiful periwinkle with lavendar
- looks good on my NC30-35 skintone
- wide brush
- 3free (no Formaldehyde, DBP or Toluene)
- brand is easy to access from drugstores to salons

Cons:
- streaky on first coat
- longer drying time due to multiple coats

My daughter, who is picky, liked this shade on me. This shade took time to apply. I was initially annoyed that it streaked but the color is very pretty so I applied patience. Sometimes it took three coats to get opacity. Will repurchase.

4/5

on 9/6/2015 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I finally gave in and bought this type of shade that I have been eyeing for a while, but was hesitant about because I was afraid it would make my skin look corpse-like. Glad to report that it´s not the case! This color is very pretty, somewhere between periwinkle, pastel blue and lavender. I have seen similar shades on other ladies´nails, but nothing exactly like this shade, they are usually either more purple or more blue-ish. The issue that I do have with this polish is the consistency- it is very runny and watery and therefore streaky when applied. It takes at least 3 coats to make it somewhat opaque. Very different (worse) texture from all the other OPIs I own (about 10)!

on 3/7/2015 1:39:00 AM

This is such a pretty color! It's a bluish lavender polish, and the finish is about 90% opaque. I can just see the slightest hint of nail underneath. The result looks very gel-like. It's very springy. It's a very flattering color for cool skin tones. This is not a polish that can be worn with just one coat. One coat is transparent and streaky. I always do 2-3. If you want something you can do in one coat and be done, you should look elsewhere. I'm absolutely willing to put the 2-3 coats on. While I normally use a topcoat, I haven't been with this polish, because I love its finish all on its own.

on 7/17/2015 6:22:00 AM

Love love love :)

on 7/28/2014 8:27:00 AM

I'm on board with the other good reviews. Maybe not quite so enamored with the color as some but it is nice. It seems to have a hint of grey in it which in my opinion makes it look a bit dull. But overall it's nice. I'll wear it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A nice periwinkle colour for the Spring and Summer seasons. It applies easily, the formula is the perfect consistency, and it is opaque in 2-3 coats depending on how thickly you apply. I didn't encounter any streakiness, but my nails are quite small and skinny so that may be a reason why. I really like this colour, the only reason I would not repurchase is because I don't wear it enough. It is similar to Essie's Bikini So Teeny but without the shimmer.

Popular Polishes