NYC Mosaic Face Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/21/2017 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Five bucks at a CVS got me this decent blush. Not sure about the other Mosaic Face Powders NYC carries, but their blush is okay. I don't know what it was that drew me to get it. There were Covergirls and Maybellines and the three buck Wet n' Wild one that was pretty great but I got this one. Great pigmentation, I would say. A nice highlight-blush shade that just buttered my biscuit. I seriously dunno what it was about this blush that made me so happy. My color wheel was almost down to its end but I took it with me one day and it shattered. Oh well. Because of the strange, girlish glee it incites I'm going to buy it again if I can find it anywhere. It appears NYC has vanished from basically every drugstore I've been visiting.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love Too Faced pink leopard blusher/bronzer duo and was hoping this would be a good dupe in the pink/brown shade. Oh goodness......NOT EVEN CLOSE.....

Pro:
- silky powder?

Cons:
- This NYC bronzer is so ugly, I am not sure how to describe it. The color turns out to be this pale, yellowy, tan color that resembles baby poop. It is so freaking ugly, I could not believe the swatch on my fingers. Ugly, ugly, ugly color!!!!!!
- Cheap, horrible packaging!

I didn't think I'd love this but for the price, I had nothing to lose. It' fantastic. The most natural blush I've ever applied that doesn't disappear on my fair skin. I love that it's a mosaic of shades so you get a personalized colour as opposed to a flat pink. Really great product...did I mention the pot is HUGE. It's last for a long, long time. Great bang for your buck at $5--this is a total steal!

I love the blush. It is a pretty coral color when all the shades are mixed. My only complaint is the packaging.

On the advice of my college-aged daughter, I purchased the NYC color wheel mosaic face powder to replace my recently depleted expensive blush.

Purchased at Target for less than $6, I was anxious to give it a try. The container is cheap plastic and the cover an accident waiting to happen as it could easily crack when opening and closing.

That said, I didn't have it long enough for the cover to crack - the blush did - in dozens of pieces making for a real mess and the inability to use it. I do not take my blush or bronzer with me when leaving the house nor did I drop or shake it. It just crumbled.

Thinking it may have been defective, I purchased a second one only to have the same thing happen again.

Needless to say, I will not purchase again and advise anyone tempted to do so, to avoid it as well.