Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Breezy Blue

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Breezy Blue
Xtreme Wear - Breezy BlueXtreme Wear - Breezy Blue

2.0

on 11/11/2016 4:25:00 PM

the colour is pretty, its a pretty pale blue with a hint of seafoam and a hint of shimmer. Its summer appropriate, its lovely to look at in the bottle and on the nail.

The formula. omg. its so bad that I'm wondering if i should never buy the new Xtreme Wears ever again.

the first time i used this bottle it was thin and streaky and it was so watery that it ran everywhere, it flooded my cuticles, it ran off the nail, i spent ages cleaning up between each coat. 3 coats to opaque as each coat was streaky and had bald spots no matter how careful i was with application. It was a monster to work with. However since it was so pretty on the nail i decided to persevere.

so, fast forward 4 weeks and I pull it out to use again. Second use out of the bottle, I didn't expect a lot of changes in the formula as usually my polishes last for years. Not this polish. It was thick and it was gloopy, it was like pulling out a polish that had been sitting in the bottle half full for decades. It was still 3 coats to be opaque, again, bald spots, streaks, inconsistent sticking to each layer, no self leveling.

I've added a load of thinner to the bottle, but I'm less than impressed with this polish. I love my Sally Hansen Complete Manicure polishes, but right now, I'm not sure what my feelings are about the Xtreme wears.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not a fan of this specific polish at all. I have plenty of other Xtreme Wear polishes, and I've had good experiences with them. This one however...

The formula was very gloopy for me on the first use out of the bottle. It was hard to spread across the nail and it started to drag very soon after application. And despite the thickness of it, it is still very sheer! With thick draggy coats, it still took three to cover the nail line to an acceptable level. Still not totally opaque, I'd say. Lastly, dry time is abysmal. You're looking on the scale of hours with this one.

It's a shame that the formula is so bad on this one when the color is so pretty! If you're looking for a baby blue like this, I'd pass on this one and look elsewhere. It was cheap, but it would definitely be worth looking at a more expensive brand to get a better polish.

on 10/24/2014 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

this is the softest loveliest most delicate blue ever. when I first picked up the bottle I didn't realize it, but this polish has a very subtle iridescence and gives the polish a pearl-like finish.

I applied 3 thin/normal coats waiting about 5 min between each coat and it's still quite translucent even over my nail bed, but it's not so bad I felt I absolutely needed a fourth. overall, yes it's streaky, yes it takes forever to dry (maybe 3 or 4 hours minimum for it to dry 80% without a TC), but the pearlesque appearance of this polish really makes it quite unique and absolutely beautiful.

all in all I don't regret buying this polish but i do think the dry time is kind of ridiculous. because of it, i dont wear this color nearly as often as i'd like to. i would probably look for a dupe before recommending this to anybody...though i will say it wears well under glitter gradients and seems to harden much more quickly that way...or at least, if you mess it up with glitter on top, you can't tell as much as you'd be able to without kkkkk

on 9/2/2014 12:24:00 AM

This was a total let down. The color looks so beautiful in the bottle, I have been looking for a nice non-shimmery baby blue color for a long time. My usual go-to brand doesn't have one so I tried this one out. Three coats in and my entire nail bed is still visible, and it dries to a gross chalky finish. I will be returning this immediately.

on 2/22/2014 11:33:00 PM

Love the color, hate the formula. This is a really pretty pale blue with some light green undertones and a very very subtle shimmer. To get the bottle color, you'll need at least 3 coats, and even then you'll still have a visible nail line. The polish went on really streaky and it took forever to even out. For some reason, this polish takes forever to dry, which is weird because usually the Xtreme Wear polishes dry really quickly. And then after waiting forever for this to dry and having to put on 4+ coats, this chipped on several nails the next day. I really like the color and I got quite a few compliments on it, but the formula is so bad that I probably won't wear this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Pretty colour, but needs atleast 3 coats for full opacity and is really streaky!

on 9/2/2013 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pretty colour but this nail polish is super streaky even after a few coats and takes quite a while to dry.

on 7/8/2013 7:22:00 PM

I don't think this color has been reviewed by enough and therefore not getting varied opinions. I love this color and the application was perfect for me. I did 2 medium to thicker coats and it shows no vnl, except where I maybe did go lighter with my touch. The color is such a pretty blue without the "stark" look of baby blues. I guess the subtle shimmer makes it this way. Took one lippy off because it does take awhile to dry even with a good TC. So, its not an "out the door" color. For the price(2 for $4) you can't beat it. I could see a summer bride wearing this color for her bridal manicure.

on 6/14/2013 6:49:00 AM

There must be something wrong with the formula for Breezy Blue Xteme Wear. After 3 coats it's still a little streaky. I love the colour but after 6 hours it still wasn't properly dry. I like most Sally Hansen polishes so I was sadly disappointed. I'll have to find a replacement.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had tried Sally Hansen once before, and even then I hated it. After two ruined manicures I threw the polishes away. After hearing a friend harp on and on about SH polishes, I decided I would give it another shot. Now, I don't know what it is about these polishes; if it's the colors I pick, the fact that I keep buying the 'Xtreme Wear' line, or if they just suck - but they DO NOT WORK FOR ME. I have SH glitters (that I LOVE) and the Insta Dri (a bit of shrinkage does occur, but if you wrap your edges and ends good it should be fine), but whenever I have picked an actual color I'm left disappointed. It's goopy, leaves bald spots (even after 3 coats), and takes forever to dry (even with the Insta Dri top coat). Needless to say, I will not purchase another SH color. The only reason it got 1 star is because the color is so pretty :/

Popular Polishes