e.l.f. Cosmetics Essential Beauty Book Eye Sets

3.7

I got The Bronzed Look & I love it! The post below me said it all so well. I love it when makeup comes w directions I was going to add. It's very helpful because even thou I'm a bit of an experienced makeup user I love suggestions on a palette. The packaging is cute & functional albeit a little bulky but like I said the directions are the best part. The product inside I find to be more than adequate not a lot of fall out, decent pigment, liked the primer. I am a neutrals person too so all of the colors except the one very darkest brown are useful. I don't like really dark shades so I use a very light touch. All in all a good product. I got it off elf's website so I don't remember even what it costed but mere pennies compared to all of my Urban Decay! I love how u got both a day AND a night look. This is such a neat little deal., I am an elfette I love elf coz they are so good for just pennies on the dollar! And just as good of quality.I have probably one of 3/4 of all their stuff they offer online (I've spent prob ~$300 on elf stuff!) excluding sets I even have the entire skincare on order & sub to the Beauty Bundle!...coz it's so affordable & best of all: "cruelty free"!! About half of all my makeup is all elf & that's fine by me. Somexs my whole face except maybe lip is done up elf except for a MAC lippie/liner. I save my pennies using elf so I can buy MAC lipstick. When a couple of bucks is a big deal (to me it is), elf always readily offers a solution to my makeup needs or dilemmas on the cheap. Price pointe +++++ The free shipping takes about a week usually so it's slower than BH Cosmetics or Coastal Scents but if anything is ever damaged in transit they replace it AND a $5 bucks gift card for all of ur inconvenience all I had to do was call the phone # on the invoice. No return policy thou.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got this in the Bronzed Look. I am a neutrals/browns sort of person, so I figured I might get some use from it. The set comes with a primer, eyeliner, applicator, 6 eye shadows and the instructions on completing both a 'day' and 'night' look.
The eye shadows were mostly good quality. The 2 highlights have good color pay off, but a lot of fall out. You'll have to be careful in how you apply it. The shadow colors a great. Good pigmentation, and the looks lasted me all day and night.
The instructions were good and easy to follow, which is nice for people who are starting out, or aren't used to creating looks on their own.
The packaging is a little bulky, and not terribly travel friendly. Definitely not a "grab and go" option, or very purse friendly. Easy enough for storage though.
As usual, the primer is a hit, but I'm not so in love with the applicator or the eye liner. I still prefer my cream or liquid liners.

All in all, a fun product, and pretty fool proof :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got the smoky set. Comes with 6 shadows, a small bottle of primer, a doubled ended applicator and an eyeliner pencil. 4 matte shades- apricot ( very sheer, disappears against my skintone), plum (chose the palette mainly for this color),dark brown and black( don't apply smoothly, I use them over gel liner. 2 shimmery shades- silver (again sheer),gunmetal gray (sounds more exciting than it looks). The applicator is useless. The eyeliner pencil is really soft, good for smoky looks but bad for oily lids and rainy days. For $5 the palette contains a lot of product but quality could have been better.