TRESemme Platinum Strength

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/23/2016 11:47:00 PM

Fairly good for a drugstore conditioner. Doesn't detangle as well as or make make my hair feel as soft as my holy grail Fekkai shea butter conditioner does.

on 12/16/2014 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I was excited to get this because I got a huge bottle for like, $1 at CVS (sale plus coupons). But this didn't work for me. I just dyed my hair again so it's even drier than usual so I was hoping for a heavier conditioner. This is TOO heavy. It's feels waxy and makes my hair stiff, not soft. Also the huge bottle doesn't have a pump, so it's especially awkward in the shower. Have you ever dropped a shampoo bottle on your foot? Well, this one is heavy enough to break it. Usually I like Tresemme but this is an exception.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product is ok, but there are better out there, for sure. I use this in conjunction with the shampoo from the same line. My hair has been a bit dry while using the Platinum Strength line. I usually wash my hair every other night, and on the nights in between, I just wet my hair in the shower and don't add anything to it except some shampoo on my bangs if I need it. I bought the HUGE bottles of these, with the pump, and have had them for months. I like to use up products before getting more, so I've stuck it out with these. I've officially finished off the conditioner (you'll see why), but not the shampoo yet. I have had to change my routine a few times because of the way my hair reacts to these. First I changed to washing my hair with both shampoo and conditioner every other night, and conditioning my hair on the nights in between. Recently I have had to change it up to washing my hair with both shampoo and conditioner on one night, then the next night using conditioner only, then the next night using nothing and just wetting my hair. So basically I fully wash every 3 days. Can't wait until I run out of the shampoo and can try something else. Also, as a wavy-haired girl, different shampoos/conditioners make my hair react differently in texture, too. I'm sure others can relate. Some hair care lines make my hair lay straighter, some cause it to be quite curly, some cause it to be merely wavy, etc. This makes my hair wavy, but not in a cute way. It looks almost straight on the top layer of my hair and then the bottom layer is very ripply looking, almost as if I didn't brush it after my shower. Because of this I have tried to blow dry it on a cool setting while constantly brushing to try to straighten it all out. This has failed. It comes out to be just poofy. Now I pin-curl my hair at night to try to get it to look like I at least tried to look put together lol. This seems to work alright, but after the nights where I both shampoo and condition, the curls seem to fall out very quickly and frizz up, turning into frizzy waves. Weird. I would also prefer it if the packaging was in a squeeze-bottle where the caps were large and flat and locate at the bottom of the bottle so that the bottle stands on the cap and the product is always at the bottom, ready to be squeezed out. Those are my favorite containers. I never have to shake the bottle and bash it against my hand to try to get the product to come out. The pumps were nice, but on the conditioner pump, it constantly clogged and that was annoying.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I tried a small bottle of this with Loreal Total Repair 5 shampoo. I've been using TRESemme products for several years and find them to be effective and price conscious. They are by far the best line of low cost hair products. I liked this particular type better than the remoisturizing conditioner I most recently used from TRESemme. Definitely a good conditioner for a great price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this conditioner. It doesn't weigh down my long fine hair. It moisturizes well. Smells good. My hair feels and looks healthy. Only thing I wish it had was a pump. The bottles are a bit big. Still love the product though.