TRESemme Platinum Strength

3.9

on 12/26/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have tinted blonde hair that is in really good condition. Had a Walgreens coupon so I decided to try this, just because my hair is really static-filled in the winter. This was by far one of the best conditioners I have ever used. Not only did the static disappear, but my hair was shinier than it had been in a long time. It is a little pricey without a coupon, but a little goes a long way. Now I use this three times a week and my hair is full of body and shiny. Love this stuff!
Gave it a "3" for the slippery tube it comes in. Don't they realize our hands are wet when we are using these products? Do I have to put a rubber band around it like a dork???

on 5/31/2014 6:51:00 AM

I dont like this at all. My hair feels coated, waxy, dirty and rough. It justs get drier as the day goes on, no moisture at all.

Edit: I will no longer support this company as they test their products on animals. My feelings on the product itself haven't changed so if you aren't interested in cruelty free products please read on.

I'm using the shampoo, conditioner, and heat protectant in this line. I've been using them together for about 3 weeks now. I'm very happy with the condition my hair is in. It looks very shiny and feels soft. My hair is blonde so I need products that are moisturizing to combat the damage from bleach and heat styling products. These products are inexpensive also and have a pleasant smell. Overally I would recommend this line to anyone looking to repair damaged hair.

Great stuff! This with the matching shampoo leaves my hair clean, fresh, soft, shiny, and bouncy. It really hydrates my dry ends! I love this set! I would highly recommend for those of you who have damaged hair from frequent coloring and heat styling.

I love this stuff, and use it when I can. It makes my hair soft and less tangled. I've used it since I started using conditioner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product is ok, but there are better out there, for sure. I use this in conjunction with the shampoo from the same line. My hair has been a bit dry while using the Platinum Strength line. I usually wash my hair every other night, and on the nights in between, I just wet my hair in the shower and don't add anything to it except some shampoo on my bangs if I need it. I bought the HUGE bottles of these, with the pump, and have had them for months. I like to use up products before getting more, so I've stuck it out with these. I've officially finished off the conditioner (you'll see why), but not the shampoo yet. I have had to change my routine a few times because of the way my hair reacts to these. First I changed to washing my hair with both shampoo and conditioner every other night, and conditioning my hair on the nights in between. Recently I have had to change it up to washing my hair with both shampoo and conditioner on one night, then the next night using conditioner only, then the next night using nothing and just wetting my hair. So basically I fully wash every 3 days. Can't wait until I run out of the shampoo and can try something else. Also, as a wavy-haired girl, different shampoos/conditioners make my hair react differently in texture, too. I'm sure others can relate. Some hair care lines make my hair lay straighter, some cause it to be quite curly, some cause it to be merely wavy, etc. This makes my hair wavy, but not in a cute way. It looks almost straight on the top layer of my hair and then the bottom layer is very ripply looking, almost as if I didn't brush it after my shower. Because of this I have tried to blow dry it on a cool setting while constantly brushing to try to straighten it all out. This has failed. It comes out to be just poofy. Now I pin-curl my hair at night to try to get it to look like I at least tried to look put together lol. This seems to work alright, but after the nights where I both shampoo and condition, the curls seem to fall out very quickly and frizz up, turning into frizzy waves. Weird. I would also prefer it if the packaging was in a squeeze-bottle where the caps were large and flat and locate at the bottom of the bottle so that the bottle stands on the cap and the product is always at the bottom, ready to be squeezed out. Those are my favorite containers. I never have to shake the bottle and bash it against my hand to try to get the product to come out. The pumps were nice, but on the conditioner pump, it constantly clogged and that was annoying.

on 12/5/2013 2:26:00 PM

I don't like this conditioner at all, I wouldn't buy it again. My hair turns out so rough and dry every time I use this. I'm no stranger to drugstore conditioners but I think this is a low-quality product that's just silicones, silicones, silicones and it makes my hair feel more coated & waxy than moisturized.

This is actually the first TRESemme product I ever tried, I had a very generous coupon from Walgreen's plus it was on sale so I bought a huge 25oz bottle for only a few dollars. Now I'm halfway through the bottle and I think I'm just going to throw it away because I don't want to use it anymore. Bad Hair Day every time!

It detangles nicely enough (it should with all those silicones) and has a pleasant scent. So I will give it two lippies instead of one. But it makes my hair feel dirty and weighed-down. And most importantly it doesn't condition or moisturize well at all.

For reference I have thick, wavy-texture, color-treated hair. I see this product has lots of positive reviews, maybe it's just not suited for my hair type. At any rate, I really dislike this and will not buy again.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dyed, bleached and used an abundance of heating tools on my hair. This stuff works amazing to keep it looking healthy.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I tried a small bottle of this with Loreal Total Repair 5 shampoo. I've been using TRESemme products for several years and find them to be effective and price conscious. They are by far the best line of low cost hair products. I liked this particular type better than the remoisturizing conditioner I most recently used from TRESemme. Definitely a good conditioner for a great price.

on 7/23/2016 11:47:00 PM

Fairly good for a drugstore conditioner. Doesn't detangle as well as or make make my hair feel as soft as my holy grail Fekkai shea butter conditioner does.