TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo

TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo

3.6

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glyerin, Potassium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomber, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, PEG 45M, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, PPG 9, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 5/21/2017 12:24:00 AM

This product is very good for the price. It really does clean my hair, while not drying it out. I have a sensitive scalp and this is one of the only shampoos that doesn't make it itch. I have highlights and I thought this product was for colored hair but it is not. I don't think it prolonged my color longer than regular shampoo despite its lower sulfate content. I am switching to their actual color care shampoo now but I would continue using this product if I didn't have colored hair because of its quality. Smell is nice and stays after wash.

on 8/13/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is terrible. I have a relaxed hair. Which I have come to get So long. Like mid back which any other shampoo. When I saw this on the store and it says keratin a thought I should give it a try. This shampoo and conditioner made mi hair thinner. And breaks a lot. I started to lose a lot of hair and its crunchy and frizzy. I would not recommend at all ! I was so scared of loosing so many hair. Same happen to my sister who has a 4 Type hair. She used to have so cute coils and now is crunchy and hard. I SO NOT RECOMMEND IF YOU HAVE DRY HAIR TYPE

on 5/15/2016 9:06:00 AM

This shampoo is terrible! I used it one time and it broke me out in hives! I put the rest of it in the trash. After this experience, I will not be buying tresemme ever again.

on 2/19/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this shampoo made my hair so incredibly silky and smooth . I received so many compliments about how shiny and silky my hair was. I was so happy with it before my luck ran out and it made my hair fall out and break off. Its nearly made the hair round my temples bald. Whilst it did make my hair LOOK great it actually damages your hair. Whenever id wash my hair with it the texture of my hair would feel so brittle and strange, yeah i would avoid this at all costs.

This product combined with the conditioner made my hair break/fall out. I already have fine hair and now it's thin too. Now trying to recover with a higher end shampoo used every other day. You get what you pay for...

on 12/22/2015 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used both the shampoo and conditioner so I'm not sure if one caused this or both, but this is the worst thing to ever happen to my hair. I am born with the thick, shiny, 2b indian waves that women dream of. Two months of using this and I've had two people commit on my hair getting thinner, breakage so bad that my hairline is covered in flyaways, and it looks like there is a bald spot on the back of my head. I stopped using this a month ago and my hair is still thinning and breaking because of how damaged it became. It also knocked my curls straight out.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

**EDIT** 10/16/2016
I no longer recommend this shampoo. It worked amazing for a long time then I started to notice it significantly dry my scalp out really, really bad. I started having insanely bad scalp issues with itching & flaking. I have since switched to sulfate-free shampoos which I highly recommend.
_________________________

If I could give this a 4.5 rating, I would. But for now I give it a 4 that I might change to a 5 if I still love it after I finish the whole bottle.

I've been using this shampoo now for a couple weeks and I have to say I absolutely love it. This honestly has got to be one of my favorite shampoos I've ever used. I've used tons of brands ranging from salon (Pureology, Redken, Alterna, Moroccan Oil, etc) to brands from Sally's and other drugstore shampoos. For me, this makes my thick, slightly course, easily frizzy and dried out hair soft, smooth, shiny, lightweight, clean, full of body and not dried out. It's pretty much the shampoo I've been looking for as this can be a hard combination to find. It has an opaque, creamier consistency which is what I look for instead of a clear, runnier one. Now I will say that when shampooing and rinsing this out, your hair won't feel initially soft. If anything it'll make your hair feel quite dry and somewhat straw-like..this alarmed me at first but that quickly went away after I applied conditioner (I'm using Tresemme Smooth & Silky -AMAZING combo) and I don't apply conditioner near/in my roots or even much at the top of my head. Once your hair starts drying whether you blow dry or air dry, it makes it feel incredibly soft and not dried out, just super healthy feeling and it smells really good (salon like but not the traditional Tresemme scent). Not only is it soft but it's shiny and voluminous, it does this combination better than any other shampoo I've used. I have never used a shampoo that has made my hair as soft, shiny and bouncy as this. My hair is usually quite heavy so if it's soft, it lays flat to my head. This makes my hair feel so light and gives my hair shape. My hair feels really clean as well, not like there's build up like a lot of shampoos that make your hair soft can do. I find my hair doesn't get super oily as easily as it used to. (Once a week I shampoo all of my hair with this, not just the roots)

The only downside to this shampoo is, it does have sulfates (I'm usually sulfate free) so I'm not entirely sure how my hair or scalp will react to it over an extended period of time. I can say this at times makes my scalp feel a little dry with a slight itch but it could be due to the weather getting drier in which all my skin dries out a little. That combined with the fact I maybe wash my hair a little too often. I also dye my hair black so I can't attest to how much it affects my color as black sticks to hair really well but so far, my black doesn't look any less vibrant.

Overall, this shampoo is amazing and I love it so much. I was looking for something at the drugstore because I like trying new things and wanted something affordable. I saw this had pretty good ratings but I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do. You get tons of product for an even better price than most other drugstore shampoos (there's also an Equate version at Walmart with the EXACT same ingredients for under $3). When I finish the bottle I have and I still love it, I'm definitely going to try to get it in a larger size. Highly recommend!

on 11/13/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The most perfect shampoo for my hair!
I have used many shampoo and this one does great on my hair. My hair keeps falling when I use others but with this shampoo my hair gets much better.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love! Usually hate treseme but this is so good! I have dry bleached hair and this works so great! I use along with conditioner and heat protectant spray. The price is awesome

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this conditioner! Use it in conjunction with the conditioner and its a combo that works very well for my hair. I always get compliments on how healthy my hair looks. This shampoo does not fade my hair dye as I have dyed hair and I have noticed less fallout and less hair breakage as compared to other shampoos. I think it is because it detangles my tresses and prevents pulling during washing. It also cleans my scalp very well though I still use a purifying shampoo once a week. I also realized that it somewhat moisturizes my hair as well and keep it soft when use with the conditioner.

Just some background of my hair, its shoulder length and dyed a medium brown. I dye my roots every 8 weeks as it grows out and redye my hair every six months as the color fades. I always get them done at the salon. I never heat style my hair at all, I typically leave my hair to dry naturally and I wash my hair everyday. Treatment wise, I apply coconut oil to the ends of my hair every night and do a DIY deep treatment conditioner mask once every 2 weeks.