Dr. Bronner's Dr.Bronners Tea Tree Soap

Dr. Bronner's Dr.Bronners Tea Tree Soap
Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap - Tea Tree

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Saponfied Organic Coconut Oil*, Saponified Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Glycerin, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Melaleuca Altenafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (* Certified Fair Trade by IMO)

on 10/4/2016 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This "soap" did nothing for me. I have acne prone skin and its really hard to find something that works for me. This left my skin feeling rough and with an uneven, dull texture. I won't be putting this on my face again.

If you are looking for a natural alternative I would recommend the Antipodes skin care line. The price point is higher, but the Antipodes juliet skin-brightening gel cleanser worked miracles on my skin.

on 9/4/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, slightly acne prone skin and this stuff has been so awesome as my morning and evening cleanser.

Pros:
-a little goes a long way--one bottle will last me a really really long time
-leaves my face feeling really clean (a little tight feeling which I like, but probably wouldn't be good for dry skin unless you moisturize well afterwards)
-smells nice, like tea tree oil

Cons:
-the lid can get gunked up, but it's easily cleaned
-it's a little on the runny side but not bothersome

on 5/4/2016 12:07:00 PM

I have acne Rosacea and very sensitive skin. I've literally tried everything to help with the dry patches and irritation at the same time. My sister in law and my mother both told me after using this for a month, my skin has never looked better. About $16 but it is for a large bottle and I started to use it all over my body to help with any body break outs also. Tto scent is also pleasant if you do not mind the smell of tto, I find it refreshing. This and vitamin e oil as my moosturizer and I stopped using the face wash my dermatologist gave me. Love this brand completely.

on 2/24/2016 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't get it.
I have been fooled into thinking pH balanced stuff is the only way to cleanse skin, face or body.
I have rediculously sensitive reactive skin that cannot be soothed by the "gentlest" products. Vanicream being an example: The bar soap and cream made my skin sooo red and irritated. Ive tried EVERYTHING. Cerave, cetaphil dove...gosh there isnt much Ive not tried.
To help soothe my skin i take epsom salt baths. I like to clean the tub before hand every time I have a bath but I don't want to use a commercial chemically laden cleaning product so I use Dr. B's.
One day I thought: "why not just try it...?" And I did.
My face didnt fall off lol. But still being freaked out by the pH i didn't continue to use it on my face, but use it on my body.
Well, yesterday and today my face has been insanely itchy and reacting to my favorite bar soap. Feeling angry and fed up, I grabbed the Dr Bronner's bottle and I cleaned my damned skin.The itch went away. My skin looked smooth and calm. Wth? Why does the industry LIE to us? You don't need "pH balanced" stuff. IT'S HYPE. Its a LIE.

Keeping in mind I once used Likas Papaya soap on my face a five years ago (trying to get the permatan out of my skin, tanned skin isn't pretty imo) and the pH of that soap is pretty high, I am going to keep using Dr Bronners, and I bought the bar as Id read it's more moisturizing. I do expect Dr. Bronners to dry my skin out but hey I will do whatever it takes to escape this crazy itch.
***UPDATE*** Yes, this stuff is great. Not for my face tho. Dry dry dry dry skin. I cannot deal with that because I really, really hate moisturizer.

I don't know why people say "This cleared my acne although I still get cysts" well then, the Dr. Bronners isn't doing anything. Having cystic acne is *not* a regular part of life or a "monthly" thing. I have never experienced either except when I am eating a crap diet, or I am sick with a flu or infection (never get) or use skincare that does not agree with me. It's almost ALWAYS diet though. I have never personally known any one who thinks a "cyst now and then" is normal; it's not.
I don't believe the pH hype anymore, because pH "acid" stuff (5.5) makes my skin as itchy as if I were using the most alkaline soap.
I will still buy it though, I love it as a body wash, to do laundry and clean my wood floors & bathtub :D It smells awesome.

on 12/31/2015 5:51:00 PM

I have eczema and having this skin condition is chronic therefore I will always have it but luckily I am able to control it. My go to product was the cortisone 10 but after doing some research I learned that using too much of steroid cream can be bad for your skin overtime so I decided to opt for something different. At first I used the neosperon eczema cream which did nothing to get rid of the itch or redness but it was a bit soothing, however it was not working well for me. So I decided to try dr bonners soap because I read online that tea tree oil is anti bacterial and a natural remedy to help combat eczema and I am so happy that I tried this !! I don't write many reviews I think this is probably my second one and I only write reviews if I think the product is worthy and this one truly is. At first it burns bc my skin was open bc I scratched a lot and bled but I kept at it and would wash it at least twice a day sometimes more depending on how dirty or hot and sweaty the day is. Now less than a week my skin is better and not red and itchy and I even use it for my acne and it cleared it up a lot !! In the picture it's a bit red but it's not scabby at all and scaly like it was before. I am still using this product and will continue !! I am not insecure about my neck anymore I would often wear scarves to hide my eczema bc I was so embarrassed about it . Now I don't have to shy away bc of it and I feel so much better and comftorable in my own skin. It is bc of this soap that my acne cleared up more also but I also used sulfur soap for my acne and for my eczema. Basically what I used for my acne I used for my eczema because my eczema is on my neck so it's easier to use the same products at least for me. Also I used this face sponge by Nexcare and it's amazing !!! I think that all these products used together really helped clear up and soothe my eczema and even helped with my acne! Overall I think it was this soap that did all the work it's bc it's based on tea tree oil and that is a great natural remedy to help fight bacteria and such. I will definitely repurchase !

Before

Full Size Image

After

Full Size Image

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This soap is the only thing that truly works for my skin. I have had acne prone skin for years with close to NOTHING being a solution, natural, organic or conventional. This soap is MAGIC.

I have combination skin (very prone to dry spots but also oily) and all I do it put some of this on my green clay konjac sponge and gently rub the sponge on my face. It gets all my face makeup off (I just wear light foundation and powder) and my face feels so clean and soft post cleansing. I then moisturize with Living Libation's Seabuckthorn Best Skin Ever and BOOM. 2 product routine, that has gotten me my best skin EVER.

I also use this as a body wash, and for the ingredients and price (i've been using the 4oz bottle that was $5) you just can't go wrong. Though maybe if you dislike a tea tree scent, the tea tree does happen to be very strong.

(TIP: If this is drying your skin out, try mixing in a few drops of jojoba oil with a few drops of the soap in your hand. That's what I did when I first started using this on my face, but eventually just used the soap on it's own and found it worked fine for my combination skin.)

It may be a bit drying and the smell needs some getting use to but my skin is looking really good! I get occasional breakouts and I have a lot of dark spots and old acne spots that are fading with the help of this soap. A drop or 2 will lather in wet hands as does the bar soap.

on 12/23/2014 8:44:00 PM

I am on my second 32 ounce bottle of Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree Soap and I will continue buying it as long as the company makes it! I have so many uses for this soap -- I primarily use it as my shower gel as I find that tea tree oil helps with the occasional bacne as well as the KP on my arms. My partner uses Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap, and while I like that one too (so tingly!), this one is better for my skin type. I'm never super dry after using it, although I do moisturizer once I'm out of the shower. Those with super dry skin might not like it as much as I do.

I also use the soap to clean my makeup brushes and, in a pinch, it works nicely as a face wash (diluted, of course!) and somewhat decently as a shampoo. My hair got oilier more quickly than it usually does, but it was definitely clean.

I would say that you must love the smell of tea tree oil if you're going to use this! I adore the scent, so it's no surprise that this is my favorite of the ones I've tried (peppermint is good, like I said, and the almond oil soap smells lovely, too -- like marzipan), but others who don't like how tea tree oil smells, the scent might be too pungent for you, even if you like the effects it has on your skin. Also, cost-wise, get the biggest bottle you can find! My 32 ounce bottle, which usually costs around $15 - $20, will last around 7 - 8 months with daily use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i love this stuff! i bought the bar soap so i could use it on an exfoliating body wrap on my back. when i cut out dairy my acne cleared up (on my face) but my back still had break outs. this has totally cleared them up! it leaves my back feeling a bit tight / dry, so i just make sure to moisturize afterwards. i also use the baby version of the bar to clean my makeup sponges.. it's the best.

on 5/24/2014 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I actually first started using the Lavender scented version of this soap for my face, and used the Tea Tree version to clean my makeup brushes. I love these soaps. My skin never looked so good. It doesn't prevent me from ever having a pimple (nothing will) but it dries up the whiteheads fairly quickly, and help bring my cystic pimples to the surface sooner as well.

I find that it removes my makeup pretty well except for my waterproof mascara, I usually use olive oil or an eye makeup remover to break that down before cleansing my face.

This soap can be drying but for me, applying some moisturizer does the trick. If you are prone to dry skin then you may want to start by using this product once a day to see how your skin handles it. I use it at night, and my Aveeno moisturizing bar in the morning. Best thing is how much you get. These bottles are huge! The fact that I found a product that works for my acne-prone face and will last a long time makes me a happy customer.

I will use about a half teaspoon in a container full of hot water (I use a recycled margarine container) and I will dunk my brushes into the container to get them soaked and swirl the brushes in the palm of my hand to loosen the makeup from the brush hairs. Then rinse until the water runs clear. I love multipurpose products and this is at the top of my "favorites" list!

Popular Face Skincare Products