Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal Silver Strike

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal Silver Strike

4.8

on 9/26/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Beautiful frosty silver colour. On my dark skin makes my eyes really pop! I also have very oily lids and this did crease or move an inch. very impressed Maybelline :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cream eyeshadow has come a long way. This sets and does not crease or fade. It's probably the second best selling of the metallic Color Tattoo line (next to Barely Branded), and always sold out. I found the last one and used it as a day look for New Year's Eve and day. This has a gorgeous metallic finish with a subtle glitter in the base, which reminds me a lot of a micro fine grade MAC glitter. It's quite hard to find a product like this one. I can't think of any high end cream shadows with both a metallic and glitter finish. It's well worth the $6.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm astonished that I couldn't find a review for this color because I assumed it's the most popular because it's always sold out. I definitely adore these Color Tattoo Eye Shadow's, and I am slowly adding to my collection. So far I have Too Cool, Bad to the Bronze, Bold Gold, Edgy Emerald, Tenacious Teal, Tough as Taupe, and now Silver Strike. These last me an exceptional amount of time, and I definitely get an extended amount of use out of each of them. I love the fact that they are easy to put on, I found that the best technique is to pat on in layers to get the desired effect - and if possible, keep the layers thin or else it can look a bit cakey. I am astonished that this particular color stays on effortlessly alone - no eye primer, no shadow on top. I do sometimes put eyeshadow over these but I find that it can look flakey and cakey for some reason. But - sometimes it works out perfect as a "base" for my eyeshadow, so i guess it just depends. I almost like these better alone because it looks so flawless and I love the foiled look. they shimmer perfectly in the sun and under harsh lighting - do not crease, and do not rub off or wear down throughout the day. The Metallic collection was a brilliant idea for the Eye Tattoo's, and I hope to get the other colors such as the gold, pink, and champagne color.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Great shimmery silver that stays put.

Awesome! Stays on my oily lids all day long! The color doesn't fade away.