Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

4.2

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Yes!! Amazing product for an amazing price. I use it to set my undereye concealer and lasts for 8-9h, almost a full day. Sometimes I use it on my forehead, nose and chin and I get shiny in 2h, but I am oily so that happens with almost every powder I use. It didn't broke me out at all. I bought this twice and I will continue to do so, because it is awesome!

on 4/7/2017 11:18:00 AM

Made me break out SOOO bad. My still breaks out to most though. But this was one of the worst. If youre not sensitive to the ingredients, its a good powder.

on 4/7/2017 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm unsure about this powder. I bought and tried it as a reapply mattifying powder during the day - and I found that it didn't really last more than any other powder I had.

I then (just yesterday) tried this powder as my powder for over my primer and under foundation - it was GREAT. At the end of the day, it started to look like my foundation was separating, but it DID help keep my blush and bronzer in place all day. I noticed that immediately. This is the first powder I've used that helps with that.

Downside, this was the only thing I added into my face routine - and by the end of the day, I had two breakouts on my forehead after washing my face. Since I didn't alter anything else, I can only assume there is something in this powder that broke me out. Talc tends to do that, but usually only in liquid form (talc in foundation) - I have a ton of talc + silica powders I use that never break me out. So it may be something else that my s kin isn't too sure about in this powder, but I want to try again because of the great staying power it had with my makeup, even with reapplying throughout the day with another powder on top - this stuff kept my blush THERE. Normally, other powders wash my color top products away by the end of the day.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Well I had to try it for the cheap price. I blotted my face after working out and dusted a thin layer over my face to mattify my make up. I looked in my mirror in the daylight and did not like it. It wasn't as finely milled as my Chanel translucent setting powder ( yes I know huge price difference, but the Chanel tub lasts for years.). This made my pores and lines look caked and the shine was back within one hour and weathermis still cool. I will continue using the Mac blot powder for touch ups and in hot weather, it has been working pretty well for me for years and years.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It does what it needs to. It's a simple, translucent finishing powder. What can I say? It does look a bit pale if you use a lot. It doesn't go into pores. It's more tightly packed than the ELF HD silica based powder so it doesn't pick up quite as easily. Does just as good a job though....and without the micro sparkles the ELF has in both forms (in case that was a deal breaker for you). The packaging is more flimsy than the elf compact though and you get the same amount.

It's a toss up as to which I'd repurchase. This one isn't bad, but isn't blowing my socks off either. We will see. Potential repurchase.

LOVE this powder. hg. my skin isn't particularly oily, more dry/sensitive, but this powder keeps me matte all day and doesn't leave a white cast on my face. super inexpensive but worth more, although with my first one (i've repurchased a few times now) the compact once broke on the hinge - probably because of how much i tote it around in my purse though - but i haven't had that issue ever again. never broke me out, doesn't cling to dry patches. only issue i can think of is that essence isn't as widely available as other drugstore brands depending on where you live - but if you come across this brand/powder, i 100% recommend it.

on 3/20/2017 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I would definitely choose this over any high end powder, and I've tried Nars,Laura Mercier, many... Its far less cakey and sets under eyes perfectly, no cakiness,no powdery look, but it keeps me matte... I love it! It is very fine, very silky, a pleasure to use... I use it to set the whole of my face and have sold all my other powders as they dont look as good. Its so cheap too!

on 3/11/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite translucent powder is NARS but I was looking for a cheap backup for travel/alternate use. After reading all the rave reviews on this product, I ran out and got this and I was not disappointed. I was skeptical because of the price and feared it may be chalky but I was pleasantly surprised. This gives an airbrushed look and does not break out my sensitive skin. It has a very nice matte finish and Has become a part of my daily makeup routine. It is translucent and does not leave a white streak. I use this primarily over the highlighted areas on top of my cheekbones, which I apply with a contouring brush, and prefer this to using regular powder over highlighted areas. This cost $3.99 cad at shoppers. What a bargain! I would definitely repurchase. I am now addicted to Essence products and would also recommend their superfine liquid eyeliner and xxl lipglosses.

on 3/7/2017 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Works great, even with my very dry skin.

on 3/7/2017 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this last year Jan 2016 and am still using it to this day. Mind you I have many powders to use so never just use one. I originally used this pressed powder as my travel one as it is so thin and compact. Unfortunately, my lid broke from the packaging so I don't have a lid anymore so I can't use it travel. Onto the product itself, the powder is a fine white powder. It's not extremely powdery but can give a white face is applied too heavy. The product is mattifying on the face and good for oily skin. There is no scent that I've noted to the product. Would definitely repurchase since the price is inexpensive and great for a drugstore brand.