Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

4.2

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 1/31/2017 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

For everyday use, this powder is perfect. I have oily skin and these days I'm too lazy to wear foundation, and substitute it with a tinted moisturizer, my maybelline instant age rewind concealer for the under eyes and a light dusting of this powder to lock things in. My under eyes are SEALED when I use this powder. Once I set it, it will not budge unless I remove it with a makeup remover. That's a pretty big achievement for someone who is not only very oily but sweat very easily as well.
I'm not sure about creasing tho because I naturally have creases under my eyes so I can't comment on that. It has a horrible flashback tho. I remember a few weeks back I had a full-face makeup on and when I tried to take flash photos, I look ashy and ghostly-white!
It also gives a white cast if you put too much, but that's why I always use just enough to set my concealer. Oil control is good. In the end I'll still have to blot after a few hours but that is always expected when you have oily skin. For the price, this powder exceeded my expectation. Good job Essence!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of my favorites powders ever! It does leaves the face a little bit white but nothing too exaggerated. The only problem with this powder is that it does has a flash back, but it definitely stays for hours on and makes me look so flawless that looks like magic.

Essence All About Matt is by far the best fixing powder I have tried for my oily face. It locks concealer tight under my eyes, which has never happened before. No creasing for HOURS. I also use this to lock foundation near blemishes before going over everything with a finishing powder.

Only disadvantages is it does leave a slight white cast if you use too much, and the packaging is super cheap and my last compact fell apart before I even finished the stuff. But, I am not going to complain when it's only 3 bucks.

on 1/18/2017 1:09:00 PM

I've repurchased this product twice. Love it. It helps my foundation stay put all day and controls my oily T-zone. I actually have no need for blotting powder when I use this powder and a setting spray. Unbelievably cheap as well. Also, it does not break me out at all. I find that it applies best if you dab it onto your foundation with a fluffy brush, don't smear it if you know what I mean... My only concern with this product is the packaging: the little hinge always breaks... But I can overlook that since it's so cheap!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a staple in my beauty bag. It is super cheap and gets the job done. I am extremely oily, so I still need to blot throughout the day. But for the price this is a great mattifying powder.

on 12/19/2016 1:41:00 AM

the packaging isn't very pretty but it stays closed in my messy pouch, cheap and does the job

on 12/18/2016 9:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I purchased this when I was running low on my nars powder and wanted to try something more affordable. I've heard some say this would be a dupe for the nars one but I disagree. Nars doesn't leave skin looking flat like this does, it has very natural satin finish while this one makes your skin complitely matte. Not a bad thing if your looking for a mattifying powder. It's quite finely milled and for the price I can't complain about the packaging. Good ds powder if your looking for an affordable option.

Love this. So cheap, looks good, packaging is good to put in you bag and doesn't open up... I just think it's really good. Now if you have a dry skin you might wanna be careful and use this only if you wear moisture and primer bc it dries big time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I used to have the loose powder version of this and I love it. Then it's out from the shelves and then I noticed this has been changed to a compact version, without waiting too long, I grabbed this - the finish and result still intact. I love it keeps the oil at bay and give me a flawless finish. With this, my makeup is looking matte quite long hours. Definitely will repurchase!

on 11/23/2016 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me lay down some facts, this powder is dirt cheap. At $2.99 Canadian at shoppers drugmart, let me tell you, it's great. My face is an oil slick, so shiny you could blind someone. I dust some of this miracle on and POOF I'm so matte you'd think it's witchcraft. This little compact from heaven keeps my foundation from caking and cracking throughout the school day. Even when I run the mile during gym. Do I feel like I'm dying? Yes. Has my foundation budged? No! I am looking matte and flawless. I even dust this on my lips to make my creme lipsticks matte and transfer free. This powder has my blessing, a price you can't beat, and the staying power of a million rolls of duct tape. Will I be buying again? OH YES I WILL! Take all my money!!! This product got me shook!