Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

4.1

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

went for a hunt for this product upon hearing that it is a dupe for MUFE setting powder. i really mean by hunt because i only found this product after 5 drugstores and 1 month, not sure if it's popular and went out of stock or if it's the lack of essence products in my country.

the product has some fallout and is a little chalky, and when applied to the face after foundation, it seems to whiten my foundation but it isn't that obvious (i hope). guess it isn't translucent after all. it mattifys the foundation but also appears a little powdery on the face. i would recommend spritzing some setting spray to get rid of that powdery look.

without setting spray, this product was able to hold off my facial oils for 3 to 4 hours, my face gets oily in approximately 2 hours without the use of this product. however, it can only hold off the oils for 1 to 2 hours for subsequent touch ups.

until i'm rich enough to invest in better makeup, i guess i will stick to this $4 setting powder.

on 9/18/2017 2:51:00 PM

I absolutely love this powder compact. I paid £2 for it here in the UK and it mattifies the skin with such a lovely finish if it is blended enough - I will stress that it needs to be blended otherwise it can leave a white cast over the face which isn't flattering. It doesn't flash back and it doesn't take off the base makeup like some powders do. All in all, a lovely compact product and it'll go nicely into my daily makeup bag.

on 9/5/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this powder to set my undereye area and my entire face. It is very finely milled and does not look cakey. I have light skin so I have not had any issues with any white cast and have not noticed any flashback. I wore this powder on my wedding day and it kept me matte all day. My only complaint is the cheap packaging. Every compact that I have ever owned has broken at the hinge! But for only $5 for a great product, I am willing to look past this and will continue to repurchase.

on 9/14/2017 3:41:00 PM

No matter what I do with this product, buffing, patting on with a beauty blender, using a big fluffy brush, it always looks SO powdery and this is even with the slightest amount. It doesn't help control my oil, makes me look chalky and eats up any makeup sitting underneath it. The only thing that I liked about this powder is the price - I think i paid under $5 for it??

on 8/21/2017 10:16:00 AM

Very afforable product, but I always end up with watery eyes because of it.

on 9/14/2017 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

HELL YES
it mattifies my face like magic! It even does a better job than loose powder
I would absolutely going to rebuy it.. Only if they have a store in my city, in Indonesia as well!
For the price I couldn't complain at all
It's extreme cheap and it does a great job!

on 6/12/2017 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Overall, I think this is okay. I bought because of the good reviews I've seen about it, and I just wanted to give it a try. I use it to set my foundation or alone just to mattify my skin. I get oily sooner with this than the Nyx powder I really like. I noticed I'm oily about 2-3 hours after (with foundation) and about 4-5 hours without liquid foundation. I also feel like it accentuates the texutre in my forehead while the Nyx one doesn't. I'll be going back to Nyx when I'm done with this powder. I do think it's worth a try to see if it works for you because the price is so good.

on 7/16/2017 11:37:00 AM

I'm not impressed with this product. It's blotchy and you can't apply too much since the white powder will look obvious on top of your skin or foundation and concealer. Probably this product will work better for really fair skin tone with oily skin type.

Best powder I have ever used. great price and awesome if your complexion is fair as it is a good match.

It is a very good and affordable powder. For me it works very well. I use it to set my concealer, it doesn't crease, it works very well for setting foundation too. I recomend it as it is good quality at a low price.