Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

4.1

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 6/12/2017 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Overall, I think this is okay. I bought because of the good reviews I've seen about it, and I just wanted to give it a try. I use it to set my foundation or alone just to mattify my skin. I get oily sooner with this than the Nyx powder I really like. I noticed I'm oily about 2-3 hours after (with foundation) and about 4-5 hours without liquid foundation. I also feel like it accentuates the texutre in my forehead while the Nyx one doesn't. I'll be going back to Nyx when I'm done with this powder. I do think it's worth a try to see if it works for you because the price is so good.

on 6/2/2017 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this powder for setting my foundation and concealer. It's so smooth and blurs out any imperfections. I love the price tag too! I heard it was a dupe for NARS Crystal and having no desire to spend the $$ for that one, I grabbed this one instead and I love it. I prefer pressed Powders over loose and this one is just perfect. I apply it over foundation before blush and bronzer, using my Elf kabuki brush (the short-handles one that stands up). It doesn't even matter if I use a lot, it never looks powdery. This product is a total win.

on 6/2/2017 3:20:00 PM

Essence is a really cheap good brand and I like it a lot. This powder is very smooth and fine quality. Anything that goes on top of it lays down very nice and smooth. Controls oil really well and isn't cakey. It sets your makeup very well and kind of enhances its longevity. Really impressed and also it's soooo affordable. Is travel friendly. The only thing bad about it is that it breaks easily (not the product the product container) it is a major issue with essence products even with the satin and Matt touch blushes and also with the camouflage 2 in 1 powder foundation. That's the only problem with essence but overall an amazing brand with good quality affordable products. I would highly recommend it cuz it's amazing.

on 5/23/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

First of all i've got to say that i am currently using my third package of this powder.

It's not perfect but it gets the job well done.

Some pros I would like to note: mattifies, no flashback, very fine, blush/bronzer/etc blends well on top, cheap, indeed translucent (im tan), not cakey at all (and i really pack it on), does not break me out.

Cons: the packaing always breaks when i'm like halfway through the product and well that's annoying

I am oily in my t-zone and extremely oily around my chin and jaw area and I pack this on hardcore. It keeps me from feeling greasy without looking cakey on those specifics areas.

About longevity, around the 4-5 hour mark I'm shiny and I never reapply (I don't carry this around)

Have a nice day!

on 5/12/2017 6:31:00 PM

This powder makes probably the worst texture I've ever experienced on my face. Turns all my foundations and concealers from smooth finishes to a disgusting, cakey look, plus it gives you a powdery finish. I like Essence and have other products from them but this was just TERRIBLE!!! I bought this expecting an amazing result due to good reviews and being recommended by a friend only to be greatly disappointed.
I will add that there's no flashback, no over-powering smell or anything of that sort but just makes me personally look terrible.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Yes!! Amazing product for an amazing price. I use it to set my undereye concealer and lasts for 8-9h, almost a full day. Sometimes I use it on my forehead, nose and chin and I get shiny in 2h, but I am oily so that happens with almost every powder I use. It didn't broke me out at all. I bought this twice and I will continue to do so, because it is awesome!

on 4/7/2017 11:18:00 AM

Made me break out SOOO bad. My still breaks out to most though. But this was one of the worst. If youre not sensitive to the ingredients, its a good powder.

on 4/7/2017 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm unsure about this powder. I bought and tried it as a reapply mattifying powder during the day - and I found that it didn't really last more than any other powder I had.

I then (just yesterday) tried this powder as my powder for over my primer and under foundation - it was GREAT. At the end of the day, it started to look like my foundation was separating, but it DID help keep my blush and bronzer in place all day. I noticed that immediately. This is the first powder I've used that helps with that.

Downside, this was the only thing I added into my face routine - and by the end of the day, I had two breakouts on my forehead after washing my face. Since I didn't alter anything else, I can only assume there is something in this powder that broke me out. Talc tends to do that, but usually only in liquid form (talc in foundation) - I have a ton of talc + silica powders I use that never break me out. So it may be something else that my s kin isn't too sure about in this powder, but I want to try again because of the great staying power it had with my makeup, even with reapplying throughout the day with another powder on top - this stuff kept my blush THERE. Normally, other powders wash my color top products away by the end of the day.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Well I had to try it for the cheap price. I blotted my face after working out and dusted a thin layer over my face to mattify my make up. I looked in my mirror in the daylight and did not like it. It wasn't as finely milled as my Chanel translucent setting powder ( yes I know huge price difference, but the Chanel tub lasts for years.). This made my pores and lines look caked and the shine was back within one hour and weathermis still cool. I will continue using the Mac blot powder for touch ups and in hot weather, it has been working pretty well for me for years and years.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It does what it needs to. It's a simple, translucent finishing powder. What can I say? It does look a bit pale if you use a lot. It doesn't go into pores. It's more tightly packed than the ELF HD silica based powder so it doesn't pick up quite as easily. Does just as good a job though....and without the micro sparkles the ELF has in both forms (in case that was a deal breaker for you). The packaging is more flimsy than the elf compact though and you get the same amount.

It's a toss up as to which I'd repurchase. This one isn't bad, but isn't blowing my socks off either. We will see. Potential repurchase.