Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

4.2

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't think I'll ever by an expensive mattifying/setting powder again. The cheapie brands are making top quality stuff. I liked WnW setting powder but this was practically identical. Don't get me wrong packaging sucks. There's no applicator or mirror and the compact lid broke pretty fast. That said, it sets all day, doesn't cake. doesn't dry out. Just pretty beauty queen matte face all day!

10/10
Keeps my shiny face mattified all day
Doesn't change the colour of foundation or make it go white
Very cheap
Amazing

To Read all 122 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/10/2016 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this almost daily for the last month. I'm kind of disappointed with it; even if I blend it as hard as I can with my miracle complexion sponge by Real techniques, it always make my foundation lighter and gives me this eerie whiter shade. It would be fine if I were a goth or into horror movies more than I am. Plus, it makes my sacred holy grail eyeliner (Milani extreme eyetech) melt in a couple of hours instead of making it stay as good as the 'coloured' Essence powder did. I'm sure I'm using it in the correct way, but for now it didn't help anything in my make up routine.

on 5/8/2016 4:37:00 PM

I love this for setting my under eye concealer. I love the way I feels and leaves no colour behind. I've almost used it up and will repurchase.
The only thing I don't like is the packaging. It never even made it home and the clasp broke. I don't travel so this isn't an issue.

I bought this after I began to use setting sprays that leave a shiny glaze on my face. I have an aversion to powder because my combination skin has been slowly tilting more and more towards the dry side with age, and I find I'm more prone to a chalky or cakey effect. This has not been an issue at all with this powder. This stuff is cheap cheap cheap and works. I use it with the e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush after the setting spray dries. I use a light dusting on my forehead, chin, the very tip of my nose and around my undereye. I honestly barely have to even blend it if I use a light hand. It really doesn't look powdery. It lasts, too...only on my rare oily days do things start to turn shiny by the end of the day.

Would definitely repurchase. It does exactly what I need it to.

this powder is the best one i ever used. i had some expensive brands, but i honestly see no difference. is great for baking because its such a light-weighed powder, it NEVER gets cakey for me and allthought i use lot of it, its almost like its not dissapearing from the pan. beautiful amazing product!

Eyes: Violet

Great powder for setting makeup and removing shine. only compl

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This does not mattify my face.

I bought this after seeing a review of it on YouTube by a makeup 'guru' who I trust to give honest reviews. She pointed out all the pros and cons but ultimately said it was worth trying for a budget brand. And for £3.00 I thought it was worth trying too!

Like a lot of other fixing powders, you can definitely go overboard with this without necessarily realising you have (until a friend/relative asks you why your face is white and powdery!). On that basis I would recommend sticking to the 'less is more' ideal; I still notice positive results using this method, but don't have the worry that I look like I've stuck my face in a vat of talcum powder.

I usually apply this over the top of my foundation once it's set, although I have heard you can apply this under your foundation too. It definitely seems to make a difference in the staying power of my makeup and also how shiney my face looks as the day goes by. It's not as finely milled as other, more expensive brands, but for the price I would say it does a very decent job at keeping my skin looking matte. The packaging's nice and sturdy too (although it doesn't have a mirror in the lid), meaning you can throw it in your bag without having to worry it'll break or the lid will accidentally pop open, dispensing lots of white powder everywhere.

Although I like this product, I'm not sure if I would repurchase. Soap & Glory's 'One Heck of a Blot!' is still my go-to fixing powder, and I've still yet to find one that quite matches up to it (for the price). If you're looking to try a fixing powder and don't want to spend a whole load of money though, I would definitely recommend giving this one a try.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this a few months ago..worked ok when I thought to use it. Well, I ran out of my smashbox pore minimizing primer and $ is tight atm and can't justify spending $50 on a new one. So today..I dabbed concealer where needed and then used my pur brush to brush the Matt off on and then my Mac studio fix and my face has not been a oil slick like it normally is! I think I won't have to buy primer anymore! I dabbed on some Matt off when shiny once today and then my compact powder and my face is looking so fresh now 9hrs later! Very impressed give this a try if you have super oily skin or t zone oily enough..way cheaper than primer.