Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

4.1

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff. It’s cheap and cheerful and does a wonderful job of setting makeup. I have rebought this so many times because it is so good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product performs very, very, very well considering its ridiculously small price.

Pros:
- stays matte for a looong time (combo skin with oily t-zone and I use quite heavy moisturizers, I apply this powder lightly with a brush, still I never needed touch-ups)
- makeup stays in place, prevents creasing like a dream
- prevents oxidation pretty well, and lightens foundation ever so slightly (I like this because I have very pale skin and any oxidization shows like crazy on me)
- because it's compact, I can take it anywhere, it's fast to use, and it does not make a mess like other poorly-packed loose powders
- crazy-cheap, I mean really, really cheap

Cons:
- too much can look cakey, unnaturally matte, and ashy
-a bit of product can fly away when picked up, but it doesn't make a mess and it does not get wasted

Absolutely sure I will purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you are pale or fairer, this will probably work just fine for you in terms of color. I wanted a translucent matte setting powder that isn't glittery, oxidizing, or expensive, and this absolutely fits the bill. I got it half price during a sale and it's worth every penny *if* you don't have oily skin. But it does require a light hand and a fluffier brush, anything more looks like flour on your face. That being said, other powder products play well with this and it seems to keep everything in place with no touch ups.

I see some people say it breaks easily (several in the display were already broken) so that is my one warning. I may try it as a loose powder if that happens to mine.

I have been a religious user of Rimmels stay Matt for a long time but on a whim I picked up this All About Matt powder. This powder works perfectly for its intended use. It mattifies my skin and gives an almost photo shop blur to my pores. I loved it from first use.

The powder itself is almost threateningly white but I’ve not noticed any flashback but it may do on slightly darker skin. The package as well is a bit basic but I pay for the product so that’s cool.

went for a hunt for this product upon hearing that it is a dupe for MUFE setting powder. i really mean by hunt because i only found this product after 5 drugstores and 1 month, not sure if it's popular and went out of stock or if it's the lack of essence products in my country.

the product has some fallout and is a little chalky, and when applied to the face after foundation, it seems to whiten my foundation but it isn't that obvious (i hope). guess it isn't translucent after all. it mattifys the foundation but also appears a little powdery on the face. i would recommend spritzing some setting spray to get rid of that powdery look.

without setting spray, this product was able to hold off my facial oils for 3 to 4 hours, my face gets oily in approximately 2 hours without the use of this product. however, it can only hold off the oils for 1 to 2 hours for subsequent touch ups.

until i'm rich enough to invest in better makeup, i guess i will stick to this $4 setting powder.

on 9/18/2017 2:51:00 PM

I absolutely love this powder compact. I paid £2 for it here in the UK and it mattifies the skin with such a lovely finish if it is blended enough - I will stress that it needs to be blended otherwise it can leave a white cast over the face which isn't flattering. It doesn't flash back and it doesn't take off the base makeup like some powders do. All in all, a lovely compact product and it'll go nicely into my daily makeup bag.

on 9/14/2017 3:41:00 PM

No matter what I do with this product, buffing, patting on with a beauty blender, using a big fluffy brush, it always looks SO powdery and this is even with the slightest amount. It doesn't help control my oil, makes me look chalky and eats up any makeup sitting underneath it. The only thing that I liked about this powder is the price - I think i paid under $5 for it??

on 9/14/2017 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

HELL YES
it mattifies my face like magic! It even does a better job than loose powder
I would absolutely going to rebuy it.. Only if they have a store in my city, in Indonesia as well!
For the price I couldn't complain at all
It's extreme cheap and it does a great job!

on 9/5/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this powder to set my undereye area and my entire face. It is very finely milled and does not look cakey. I have light skin so I have not had any issues with any white cast and have not noticed any flashback. I wore this powder on my wedding day and it kept me matte all day. My only complaint is the cheap packaging. Every compact that I have ever owned has broken at the hinge! But for only $5 for a great product, I am willing to look past this and will continue to repurchase.

on 8/21/2017 10:16:00 AM

Very afforable product, but I always end up with watery eyes because of it.