NARS Cosmetics Seduction

NARS Cosmetics Seduction
SeductionSeduction

4.8

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very pretty and truly unique blush. For reference, I have fair/light skin with neutral undertone and occasional redness, and this color looks like natural flush. Of course, have to apply it with a light hand because it is super pigmented, and it is easy to end up with clown cheeks.
The texture is very silky, blendable, with zero chalkiness, and zero muddiness. It isn't completely matte, the blush has just a hint of very fine shimmer, so you get satiny finish on skin, which just looks like healthy natural flush- no glitter, frostiness and such. I like NARS's Orgasm blush too, but the shimmer can be too much in my opinion, so I like Seduction better.
It is a pricey blush, but you get a lot of it, and with its amazing pigmentation, it will last a really long time. In my opinion, it is worth the price given how wearable, natural, and pretty it is. There really isn't a dupe for this at the drugstore (there is always either shimmer, glitter, or odd undertones and shades). This shade is very balanced- not too cool, not too warm, I believe, it would look beautiful on many skin tones.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Love this cranberry color! I am chocolate brown with reddish undertones. This rich color has a perfect, dark pinkish effect on my skin. This is my go-to blush when I'm wearing rich pink or deep purple colors on my lips.

I apply this with a stippling brush to achieve a thin application. The formula is super pigmented, so I never want to overdo it. And I love how the finish turns into a satiny effect as the day goes on and my natural oils mix with my make-up. Very pretty and feminine!

on 2/18/2016 5:10:00 AM

This blush is a beautiful colour, its very pigmented, when I used it first I felt it was much too strong for my pale complexion but blending it with nars blush nico or a face powder softens it allot making it very wearable, a little goes along way and it can be easy to accidentally put too much on especially if you're pale skinned so be careful. I will wear this as an eyeshadow too. The only real problem I have with it is the price, I think I could find a similar product in the drugstore for much less and it will do the same job.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This blush is great for the Fall or if you're going for a darker blush. The blush may look dark and slightly intimidating on the pan but it isn't as dark on my face. I do apply it with a light touch and I have tan skin. This is one of my favorite blushes!

on 5/18/2015 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This blush is a sophisticated deep berry. It's what I had hoped for in Dolce Vita, which looks ruddy on my NC42 face. The color payoff is strong, best applied with a fan brush or well blended.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

If Sin disappointed you because it was too 'muddy' then Seduction might be the better alternative. I wasn't enthralled with Sin as I found it looked like dirt and didn't do anything to brighten up my complexion. Consequently it just sat in my makeup drawer collecting dust.

I've avoided berry toned blushes since then as I stopped wearing dark lip colours and focused on neutral and sheer shades. Now I'm on a dark lip colour kick as of late (must be the dark fall weather) and I wanted to find a blush to compliment a bold berry lip look.

Seduction sounded like the perfect choice and I'm not disappointed. It has a very slight shimmery effect (unlike Sin which had too much shimmer for my liking) and the pigment is superb. A little goes a long way with this blush. I'll take a blush brush and just tap it once in the compact and gently sweep across the cheekbones. A stippling brush works well too. The key is to use just a tiny bit at a time to avoid that clown look.

The end result is a nice, healthy flushed look that livens up my face when I pair it with a deep wine colour.

NARS blushes are expensive but that pigment can't be beat and since you use so little, it will last you for a very long time.

Exact dupe for this is macs fever. But perfect color for fall and winter. Very pigmented be careful

on 5/20/2013 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

deep burgandy blush that (knock on wood) doesn't break me out. great color, lasts super long and doesn't streak even when i get a little oily. this is one of 3 nars blushes that i own and i think my range is pretty covered between them.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

NARS makes all my favorite blushes, and Seduction is king. It's great for my leaning-warm, neutral NC/NW 40 skintone. It actually looks like a natural flush on me.
Very pigmented, but buildable. Not as easy to overdo as some of NARS' other blushes.

on 3/3/2013 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A raspberry burgundy beauty with not one speck of glitter. Utterly gorgeous. Off the charts pigmented (of course) Satiny finish. Love!
Nc40 olive gal here!