Lancome Teint Visionnaire

3.5

Ingredients: ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5%, COSMETIC INGREDIENTS: WATER, DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, PROPANEDIOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL DENAT., CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, SODIUM TETRAHYDROJASMONATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4, ISOSTEARATE, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, SORBITOL, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ADENOSINE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, IRON OXIDES, FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I am tired of reading reviews of "it turned me orange" (you got the wrong undertone) or "it broke me out" (so could a million other things, most of which you don't mention like poor skin care) or "it gave me wrinkles" (no, your skin did that on its own).

This is a really nice foundation, especially for dry skin folks. Very pretty finish, light to maybe medium coverage. It may not be the product for oilier skin folks.

I actually forgot all about the Concealer in the cap. I usually use CdP. I lately rediscovered the Concealer and it's not half bad. No it won't cover major acne or serious discoloration - it's not a heavy enough product. But for the person with just a few minor skin or undereye angries, the Concealer is actually quite decent. It actually applies very well (always use thin layers with Concealer) - not sure why many reviewers have had issues with it. The Concealer is actually a decent match to the foundation - not typical when you get "go together" products and one or the other will be off.

Other than the bottle shape being a little weird, no real complaints. Not sure about its claims to be skin correcting and minimizing pores and fine lines - thankfully I have pretty decent skin.

220 Buff is a decent winter shade for me, maybe a hair light (NW25-27, not very pink). I do have foundations I love more, but Teint Vissionaire is quite good. Sadly I believe this is discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is my least favorite Lancome foundation.
It left my skin looking like a prune, old and wrinkled in places I don't even have wrinkles.
I believe this contains Visionnaire so no surprise there as I had a bad reaction to it. The foundation also caused bumps all over my face much like the actual Visionnaire did and it caused my skin to look terribly uneven in texture.
I also felt it was quite drying.
The shade selection is also terrible and a lot of them oxidized way too orange.
I never got to try the concealer so I can't comment on its effectiveness... Or lack thereof.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm on my maybe 5th bottle now? This has now become my go to foundation for everyday and going out! It fits my skin tone perfectly (I used 035, Beige Dore) and it has perfect full velvety coverage. It covers every imperfection, sets perfectly and has a beautiful dewy look! Before this foundation I had troubles finding a dewy foundation that thin coverage. Usually thicker coverage meant matte finish - which I hate! I also needed something that wouldn't clog my pores. Before this I used to use MAC studio fix fluid which sent my acne raging, was flaky and had a terrible yellow tone that made me look orange when I'm already naturally tan.

It comes with a concealer which is great for the price. The issue is that You barely use up the concealer compared to the foundation. I have 3 concealers left over from previous bottles! A suggestion would be to remove this and lower the price. Concealer lasts much longer than foundation.

Bottom line: Dewy, doesn't clog, full coverage and lasts long. 100% would repurchase and If they discontinued it I would be in crisis. Love Lancome, thanks for delivering again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Hmm, going against the tide here, loving this foundation with it's concealer in the cap. I'm 60 in a month, and I noticed this isn't going well with the younger set who have been giving it lower ratings, but older skin has different issues, and this foundation is a winner.

This was an impulse buy for me, on board a cruise in a duty free shop and they fitted me with Ivoire 110 C which I thought was odd, because I'm warm toned, but it's working and doesn't look too pale or too pinkish on me.

It doesn't spotlight my fine crepey wrinkly bits with "luminiosity" or other crazy nonsense. A satiny glow that airbrushes the skin texture is more like it, and that is what this does.

I won't pay full price, I'm planning to score another of these the next out of country trip I make, and maybe 2 if I can afford it. So yeah, I plan to rebuy IN BULK!!!!!

Here is why this made such a great impression:

I've been wearing this for almost 2 weeks now steady. In tropical heat and humidity, then in the cooler dry air of home. Even on the parched flight home. The performance remains steady in all those widely varying conditions.

I get great coverage that looks like me but better, covering most spots and dots, a satiny moist comfortable feeling and look, this is better than anything else for a skin like performance, it equals my Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Cream compact foundation that I loved for a pore free, skin finish but unlike FF it isn't breaking me out.

And the wear time is impressive. It lasts all day. Yes in the humid heat of the tropics, I needed to powder half way thru the day, but otherwise it's perfection from morning to night.

It feels moist and comfy all day long. A lot of CC, BB and light finish foundations tend to feel dry at the end of the day, sometimes making my lines look drier and deeper by days end. But it doesn't break me out. And I hate Lancome's skin creams, they burn, itch and irritate my sensitive skin, but NOT THIS STUFF.

I tried it out over my SPF 30, and over regular moisturizer and it performed equally well in both circumstances. IT doesn't ball up or pill over my Olay Sensitive Skin Complete SPF 30, and it wears the same as when I tried it on over Clinique's After Sun Balm (which is a pretty nice face friendly oil free moisturizer).

I tried it using the concealer before the foundation, and after. Either way works the same, looks fine.

I tried it out using Effacernes in Clair II which is my usual eye primer, concealer and it worked fine with that too. I tried the concealer from the foundation in place of Effacernes as the eyelid primer, and it works fine, although it is a much thicker cream consistency so it tugs a bit on the fragile eye skin so I"m back to using Effacernes on my eyes but this will work for travel if I don't want to pack the Effacernes.

Whether or not I used the concealer as an eyelid primer, it works like a charm on my red patches, broken blood vessels and any sun damage spots and dots. I didn't notice any zits more than usual (I get the odd one, and found it concealed that one just fine). For extra concealing this cream can be patted and pressed into the skin for extra coverage.

The thick cream concealer is in a flip top cap that sits on top of a pump dispenser for the foundation.

That I found did me fine for full face and blending onto neck with just one pump.

I set the foundation (like I do with anything from CC creams to plain SPF) with my handy dandy Dual Finish powder from Lancome in Buff II using a big powder brush to just get the sheerest bit on, no more. I tried to go without the powder and found the powder blush I was using (Estee Lauder Sensuous Rose or Lancome Sorbet de Corail) was grabbing a bit so for blush application, I think it needs a little kiss of powder. But if you don't bother with powder blush, I'd bet it would be fine without. I'm planning to try a cream blush with this next.

It covers beautifully, and anything that shows thru just dot a bit of that marvellous concealer on top of.

You end up with a satiny perfect skin finish that looks like your skin only better. It is sheer enough that you look normal, yet enough coverage to seem like you've been slightly airbrushed.

It was a touch too pale for me (I was using Self Tanner a lot) so I evened it up with a little matte Bronzing powder from the Body Shop that I like. Perfect. I now have a summer and winter foundation in one.

Updated, it's 6 weeks later, still loving it. I love it even more actually. I used my fingers to apply it in this original review, and that was great. BUT I tried it with a damp latex free sponge (one of the disposable wedge kinds in bulk bags at the drugstore) and also a Real Techniques stippling brush (from Walmart). Even nicer. Air brushed perfection. Lasts all day.

any way you apply it it's gorgeous, but try a damp sponge or a stippling brush in circular motions buffing it in, and it's even more of an air brushed perfect finish.

This has become my HG foundation (Ivorie 110(c)). My skin is on the slightly drier side and the foundation works out really well. Nice medium coverage with a slightly dewy finish. I apply with a Sigma flat foundation brush and get very even coverage for my whole face with just a single pump. The real winner here for me though is the concealer that comes in the top of the lid. For those who say the concealer drags, use a patting motion and sort of press it onto your face instead. Since I have a nearly exact match in color, I notice no blending issues. This concealer covers *everything* for me -- including extensive post surgical bruising (if fact, this was why it was recommended to me at Sephora). My perpetual dark circles disappear with a few pats of the concealer. It's seriously a magic eraser for me. Moreover, it is absolutely budge-proof all day long (note that the other Lancome products, including the Le Corrector Pro kit don't offer as much coverage nor coverage that is nearly as budge-proof.)

Cons: price, packaging (not great for travel)
Pros: 'dat concealer!

I'm on my fourth bottle (which is like a purchase miracle in and of itself -- I'm not sure when I've ever stuck with something hard-and-true for so many years) and if I could I would buy a vault of the concealer alone.

---UPDATE: January 2017---
I've discovered Kat VonD Lock-It Concealer Crème which has replaced my obsession with the Lancome concealer (which seems to not be available in any stores I frequent any longer).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best face makeup l have ever tried 62yrs old give it a try. Before you buy go too the store have the girl match your color to your skin, wear it home than decide if you like it.........And if you don't like it .....try It cosmetics very good makeup........ I have dry and sensitive skin Good luck and God Bless

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The texture of this foundation is really nice, feels good on the skin. I really do not love Lancome's color selection though for foundations. Maybe it's just me, but it seems hard to find a shade that actually matches. The colors seem oddly warm or way too cool, and the neutrals just don't work for me. The concealer is a nice touch, but I found it didn't offer great coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this foundation/concealer duo. For reference, I am 39 and have normal to dry skin. This gives a very natural, satin, skin-like finish, and the lasting power is excellent. It lasts through a full workday for me, and it still looks nice after being outdoors in the July heat in Texas. Coverage is medium, feels light on skin, and does not look cakey or unnatural. Silicones are normally a problem for me, but I haven't had any issues with this foundation, even though it contains dimethicone. The foundation itself is a liquid that comes in a glass bottle with a pump. On top of that is a concealer pot. The concealer is, as others have said, difficult to pick up. It feels waxy & hard. However, I find that even a small amount on my finger goes a long way to cover undereye darkness & blemishes. It blends easily, and does not seem to crease or wear off during the day. Yes, this is pricey at over $60, but I would definitely repurchase. I would recommend this for dry or aging skin especially.

Concealer. I know it's hard to pick up like most ladies claim, but it kinda worked out pretty well for me, I don't know I just don't mind spending a few seconds more on blending concealer on my face, it's all for the best right. By the way I have incredibly oily skin and acne scattered all over my face. It hides them pretty well, but not entirely..it's not something I am looking for anyway, I feel really weird having all my spots completely erased..

Foundation. It's awesome, even though it's not intended for oily skin, it works really good for me, I live in Dubai too where weather is incredibly hot and humid, but it doesn't run off my face, it stays in place, it gets a little shiny, but kinda in a healthy way..I don't know I just love it.

I wouldn't repurchase only because I like discovering new products and I barely ever repurchase the same product..I think that's boring when there's so much stuff on the market :D

Hands down the best foundation I have ever tried. Gives skin a fantastic dimension and glow. I have dry, very fair Irish skin that occasionally breaks out a bit. The lightest colour matches me perfectly and the glow I get from this is absolutely unbelievable - nothing I have EVER tried is as illuminating as this product. It is incredibly natural looking and not masky at all. I found idole could be masky and flat if I don't sheer it down with a bit with hemp or coconut oil. I am starting to see the signs of aging and this product definitely makes me look more youthful. All my skin's redness and dullness is completely covered. I am not sure why so many people have had negative or mediocre experiences with this. I have tried so many drug store brands and they just don't come close to this. I only use it on weekends as it is super expensive. I usually use 2 pumps for my face and apply with a beauty blender. I get a really glowy full coverage with 2 pumps. If your skin is looking duller and you are seeing the signs of aging give this a try. For me it's an HG product.

UPDATE August 2016 - I just found out this is slowly being phased out and will eventually be discontinued :(. I am so disappointed!!!!!!! Lancome Rénergie Lift is supposed to because good alternative but I have not tried it yet. If you love this start stocking up.