Lancome Teint Visionnaire

3.5

Ingredients: ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5%, COSMETIC INGREDIENTS: WATER, DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, PROPANEDIOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL DENAT., CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, SODIUM TETRAHYDROJASMONATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4, ISOSTEARATE, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, SORBITOL, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ADENOSINE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, IRON OXIDES, FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Hmm, going against the tide here, loving this foundation with it's concealer in the cap. I'm 60 in a month, and I noticed this isn't going well with the younger set who have been giving it lower ratings, but older skin has different issues, and this foundation is a winner.

This was an impulse buy for me, on board a cruise in a duty free shop and they fitted me with Ivoire 110 C which I thought was odd, because I'm warm toned, but it's working and doesn't look too pale or too pinkish on me.

It doesn't spotlight my fine crepey wrinkly bits with "luminiosity" or other crazy nonsense. A satiny glow that airbrushes the skin texture is more like it, and that is what this does.

I won't pay full price, I'm planning to score another of these the next out of country trip I make, and maybe 2 if I can afford it. So yeah, I plan to rebuy IN BULK!!!!!

Here is why this made such a great impression:

I've been wearing this for almost 2 weeks now steady. In tropical heat and humidity, then in the cooler dry air of home. Even on the parched flight home. The performance remains steady in all those widely varying conditions.

I get great coverage that looks like me but better, covering most spots and dots, a satiny moist comfortable feeling and look, this is better than anything else for a skin like performance, it equals my Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Cream compact foundation that I loved for a pore free, skin finish but unlike FF it isn't breaking me out.

And the wear time is impressive. It lasts all day. Yes in the humid heat of the tropics, I needed to powder half way thru the day, but otherwise it's perfection from morning to night.

It feels moist and comfy all day long. A lot of CC, BB and light finish foundations tend to feel dry at the end of the day, sometimes making my lines look drier and deeper by days end. But it doesn't break me out. And I hate Lancome's skin creams, they burn, itch and irritate my sensitive skin, but NOT THIS STUFF.

I tried it out over my SPF 30, and over regular moisturizer and it performed equally well in both circumstances. IT doesn't ball up or pill over my Olay Sensitive Skin Complete SPF 30, and it wears the same as when I tried it on over Clinique's After Sun Balm (which is a pretty nice face friendly oil free moisturizer).

I tried it using the concealer before the foundation, and after. Either way works the same, looks fine.

I tried it out using Effacernes in Clair II which is my usual eye primer, concealer and it worked fine with that too. I tried the concealer from the foundation in place of Effacernes as the eyelid primer, and it works fine, although it is a much thicker cream consistency so it tugs a bit on the fragile eye skin so I"m back to using Effacernes on my eyes but this will work for travel if I don't want to pack the Effacernes.

Whether or not I used the concealer as an eyelid primer, it works like a charm on my red patches, broken blood vessels and any sun damage spots and dots. I didn't notice any zits more than usual (I get the odd one, and found it concealed that one just fine). For extra concealing this cream can be patted and pressed into the skin for extra coverage.

The thick cream concealer is in a flip top cap that sits on top of a pump dispenser for the foundation.

That I found did me fine for full face and blending onto neck with just one pump.

I set the foundation (like I do with anything from CC creams to plain SPF) with my handy dandy Dual Finish powder from Lancome in Buff II using a big powder brush to just get the sheerest bit on, no more. I tried to go without the powder and found the powder blush I was using (Estee Lauder Sensuous Rose or Lancome Sorbet de Corail) was grabbing a bit so for blush application, I think it needs a little kiss of powder. But if you don't bother with powder blush, I'd bet it would be fine without. I'm planning to try a cream blush with this next.

It covers beautifully, and anything that shows thru just dot a bit of that marvellous concealer on top of.

You end up with a satiny perfect skin finish that looks like your skin only better. It is sheer enough that you look normal, yet enough coverage to seem like you've been slightly airbrushed.

It was a touch too pale for me (I was using Self Tanner a lot) so I evened it up with a little matte Bronzing powder from the Body Shop that I like. Perfect. I now have a summer and winter foundation in one.

Updated, it's 6 weeks later, still loving it. I love it even more actually. I used my fingers to apply it in this original review, and that was great. BUT I tried it with a damp latex free sponge (one of the disposable wedge kinds in bulk bags at the drugstore) and also a Real Techniques stippling brush (from Walmart). Even nicer. Air brushed perfection. Lasts all day.

any way you apply it it's gorgeous, but try a damp sponge or a stippling brush in circular motions buffing it in, and it's even more of an air brushed perfect finish.

This has become my HG foundation (Ivorie 110(c)). My skin is on the slightly drier side and the foundation works out really well. Nice medium coverage with a slightly dewy finish. I apply with a Sigma flat foundation brush and get very even coverage for my whole face with just a single pump. The real winner here for me though is the concealer that comes in the top of the lid. For those who say the concealer drags, use a patting motion and sort of press it onto your face instead. Since I have a nearly exact match in color, I notice no blending issues. This concealer covers *everything* for me -- including extensive post surgical bruising (if fact, this was why it was recommended to me at Sephora). My perpetual dark circles disappear with a few pats of the concealer. It's seriously a magic eraser for me. Moreover, it is absolutely budge-proof all day long (note that the other Lancome products, including the Le Corrector Pro kit don't offer as much coverage nor coverage that is nearly as budge-proof.)

Cons: price, packaging (not great for travel)
Pros: 'dat concealer!

I'm on my fourth bottle (which is like a purchase miracle in and of itself -- I'm not sure when I've ever stuck with something hard-and-true for so many years) and if I could I would buy a vault of the concealer alone.

To Read all 71 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best face makeup l have ever tried 62yrs old give it a try. Before you buy go too the store have the girl match your color to your skin, wear it home than decide if you like it.........And if you don't like it .....try It cosmetics very good makeup........ I have dry and sensitive skin Good luck and God Bless

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The texture of this foundation is really nice, feels good on the skin. I really do not love Lancome's color selection though for foundations. Maybe it's just me, but it seems hard to find a shade that actually matches. The colors seem oddly warm or way too cool, and the neutrals just don't work for me. The concealer is a nice touch, but I found it didn't offer great coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this foundation/concealer duo. For reference, I am 39 and have normal to dry skin. This gives a very natural, satin, skin-like finish, and the lasting power is excellent. It lasts through a full workday for me, and it still looks nice after being outdoors in the July heat in Texas. Coverage is medium, feels light on skin, and does not look cakey or unnatural. Silicones are normally a problem for me, but I haven't had any issues with this foundation, even though it contains dimethicone. The foundation itself is a liquid that comes in a glass bottle with a pump. On top of that is a concealer pot. The concealer is, as others have said, difficult to pick up. It feels waxy & hard. However, I find that even a small amount on my finger goes a long way to cover undereye darkness & blemishes. It blends easily, and does not seem to crease or wear off during the day. Yes, this is pricey at over $60, but I would definitely repurchase. I would recommend this for dry or aging skin especially.

Concealer. I know it's hard to pick up like most ladies claim, but it kinda worked out pretty well for me, I don't know I just don't mind spending a few seconds more on blending concealer on my face, it's all for the best right. By the way I have incredibly oily skin and acne scattered all over my face. It hides them pretty well, but not entirely..it's not something I am looking for anyway, I feel really weird having all my spots completely erased..

Foundation. It's awesome, even though it's not intended for oily skin, it works really good for me, I live in Dubai too where weather is incredibly hot and humid, but it doesn't run off my face, it stays in place, it gets a little shiny, but kinda in a healthy way..I don't know I just love it.

I wouldn't repurchase only because I like discovering new products and I barely ever repurchase the same product..I think that's boring when there's so much stuff on the market :D

Hands down the best foundation I have ever tried. Gives skin a fantastic dimension and glow. I have dry, very fair Irish skin that occasionally breaks out a bit. The lightest colour matches me perfectly and the glow I get from this is absolutely unbelievable - nothing I have EVER tried is as illuminating as this product. It is incredibly natural looking and not masky at all. I found idole could be masky and flat if I don't sheer it down with a bit with hemp or coconut oil. I am starting to see the signs of aging and this product definitely makes me look more youthful. All my skin's redness and dullness is completely covered. I am not sure why so many people have had negative or mediocre experiences with this. I have tried so many drug store brands and they just don't come close to this. I only use it on weekends as it is super expensive. I usually use 2 pumps for my face and apply with a beauty blender. I get a really glowy full coverage with 2 pumps. If your skin is looking duller and you are seeing the signs of aging give this a try. For me it's an HG product.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I HATE this foundation. The concealor does nothing for darkness, spots or even the lightest freckle. The foundation is so drying to my skin that I was patting argon oil on top just to keep myself from scratching my face off. Then an hour into wearing this foundation, I was orange. The oxidation is very bad. I looked like a mango. I can't believe they disconnected my teint miracle and kept this

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have a lot to say about this foundation.
For my birthday last year I wanted to get a new high end foundation to wear to my party. My aunt being a babe, took me to John Lewis to find one. We went straight to the Lancome counter as a lot of my friends raved about how great Lancome foundations are, especially the Teint Idole range. The man at the makeup counter said this makeup was great for someone whose looking for a medium coverage and has drier skin (me). The man did my makeup using the foundation and my aunty told me I looked a bit darker. I was convinced that maybe it was the lighting in the store and said I still wanted it. I have to say, the foundation is fabulous. I love the consistency and whenever I use it my skin looks flawless. But more recently I noticed that my skin has been looking a little darker. My mum kept asking me if my makeup regime was affecting my skin tone, and I wasn't sure. Today she told me that I definitely look way darker when I'm wearing my makeup than when I'm not. And I had been thinking it too! Then I came to the conclusion of the longer I wore it, the darker it got. And it made sense because I'd do my makeup in the morning, come home in the afternoon and look in the mirror and my skin didn't look the same as when I first put it on. I'm so disappointed in how much it oxidises on my skin because I really did like the foundation. The corrector works a dream too. But after I finish the botte I will definitely not be repurchasing.

I really don't like this foundation. There are some good things about this foundation, but the cons outway the pros.
Cons:
- 53€ is a lot of money. Okay, you get a lot of product and a concealer, but I think you're paying for the brand and not for the product.
- My face gets really oily really quick with this foundation. I feel like it's melting off after about 3-4 hours.
- The colors aren't that great for me. I got matched in the store, but when I got home, the color was too pink for me (even though I have a pink undertone).
- It literally almost took me half an hour to get all the foundation off.
Pros:
- I think this will be a great foundation for normalskin types because it gives a dewy finish.
- It's oil-free, which means that it shouldn't clog your pores.
- The color range is great, so most peoplewon't have any problemsat all finding the right color.

Conclusion: this foundation could be great for normal skintypes, but it just didn't do it for me. It just show that high brand foundations aren't always that great.