NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Jar - Orange

NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Jar - Orange

4.4

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mica, Ceresin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Microcrystalline Wax, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Polycyclopentadiene, Isododecane, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Sorbitan Stearate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499)

I love this colour corrector! I'll definitely repurchase it. The formula is great and it really covers up my very dark circles. You can watch my full demo here no YouTube:

on 1/23/2017 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I recently had a massive acne breakout (over the course of three months) and am now left to deal with the scarring. Originally I used one of the old Becca duo concealers that I still had lying around. While it covered well, I found it a little to thick, a little to greasy and a little too cakey.

I bought the NYX concealer on a whim and use it on my cheek where all the scarring is. You can now barely see anything. I use my foundation over it and my face looks smooth. The concealer is easy to use, doesn't look cakey and isn't greasy. It's also the right shade of orange for my skin tone (NC50 in MAC, Polynesia in NARS, 13/Sienne in Lancome, Sandalwood in Becca, 4.3 in Smashbox). The other's I've looked at are slightly too pale and would show up under my foundation. This one doesn't show up at all - not even over the course of the day.

I wouldn't use it under my eyes as I find it a little too thick for that. Besides, my MAC Pro Longwear and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer do a fine job under my eyes.
If I ever ran out (before the scarring finally disappears), I'd repurchase.

Perfect for dark circles under eyes; best to apply with fingers than take a damp sponge and pat it over the concealer. I've used many others but this concealer last all day with no breaking up; bonus can't beat the price.

Yeah, this stuff creases. I've found all to most of the nyx concealers tend to crease.

on 10/16/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I bought this concealer to color correct the darkness under my eyes.

This is a medium coverage concealer to correcting darkness under the eyes, at least for me, I could still the darkness a bit after applying, but it will color correct.

It's a very thick formula and because of it my concealer would crease and dry out more than usual throughout the day.

I'm a very fair skin person, so I do have a though time using this, because this is so orange it's very easy for medium coverage foundation, which is what I used on a daily basis, to cover all the orange.
Because of that I would sometimes still notice a bit of the orange after foundation and concealer. That's why I don't use this every day, I leave it for the days that I want to do a full coverage look.
I don't think that a more deep skin person would have this problem.

So I only recommend this product if you want to use a more full coverage foundation after if you're a very fair person and you have to keep in mind that this will make your concealer crease a little more than usual.

on 6/14/2016 10:18:00 PM

I have fairly light Asian skin (nc25) but extremely dark under eyes.

However, this product has saved my life!

It is a bit dry but all it needs is a bit of tender loving care when blending it in! I usually use my fingers, so that the warmth helps it to melt in & the product doesn't tug at my eyes.,

It's super amazing for covering spots/blemishes etc!

The only thing I hate is the packaging - it's so messy & unhygienic.

I apply it after my foundation but before my under eye concealer. People usually apply it before their foundation but the other method works better for me.

I'd definitely buy it again! My under eyes now look decent in pics! However, it is super hard to get hold of in the UK - I had to scout through eBay for a legitimate seller!

***Also, don't worry that it's orange, it's easily hidden & if you've put too much on - wipe a little off and carefully blend in using fingers.

on 4/3/2016 7:49:00 PM

It creases! Too drying for under eye !

on 10/10/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My concealer routine is not complete with out this. I put this under my concealer to cancel out the blues and purples showing through my skin and it has made a world of difference. The only problem is this product is very dry. You have to make sure your skin is properly hydrated and moisturized before you use this or it will tug. I do wish it were a little creamier, but it still works!

on 8/11/2015 6:59:00 PM

Works wonders! It covers my hyper-pigmentation and dark circles! its cheap too.. I apply with a brush then even out with my fingertips, I proceed with my concealer and set it all with it cosmetics setting powder.. it covers!

on 6/7/2015 3:28:00 PM

I never had dark circles until I hit my 60's. I tried everything on the market. This is the only one I've stayed with. It's not perfect, but it works better than anything else I've tried which includes Bobbi Brown and Bare minerals.