4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I have never used a concealer until now as I really don't have dark circles or under eye issues. But when the Ulta gal used those two magical words of HOLY GRAIL in her description when I was shopping, I couldn't resist. I am really glad I did! This stuff rules. It glides on smooth and doesn't budge or settle into lines. It counter acts and dark or blue tones due to its orange base, which kind of scared me at first but it really doesn't show that way at all. The coverage is great and really works nicely in conjunction with my lower/under eye highlighting methods to really bring it all together. I was impressed by some of the ingredients as well, such as coconut oil, because I feel like I am getting some moisturizing benefits. And the price (abt $6) can't be beat. Other than the fact I wish it had SPF, I have zero complaints about this little under the radar product. I purchased this in Light DCC02, which is perfect for NC25-30 tones IMO. I definitely recommend giving this a try.

About reviewer (498 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

from

6 years ago

Amazing product! By far my favourite concealer I have ever tried. I have very dark undereye circles, and this product helps me to erase them. I apply just a tiny amount of this, and on top I use a liquid concealer in a very light shade, something like ivory or fair, and I set with a light dust of powder. The result is amazing, not to mention the price.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlack

6 years ago

This is not my preferred colour for disguising my extremely dark undereye circles (I am currently NC25) but I mix it with a very creamy/liquidy yellow Mally undereye concealer to get the peach shade I need to cancel out the darkness. I then layer with either the Beige shade of this NYX concealer or my Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 20. There is a little creasing but nothing a slight pat with my ring finger won't solve.

About reviewer (480 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I found out about this product watching a tutorial on Indian wedding makeup. Seeing how well it worked, I had to have it, now it's hard to live without! The HG for correcting hardcore under eye circles on darker skin. I have hereditary dark blue-ish coloured (like a bruise), under eye circles and darker olive skin, and NOTHING - be it high end, drugstore, DermaBlend, peach toned concealers - worked...until I tried this stuff. The secret to this product's success is its hideous, pumpkin-orange colour. The pigment "cancels out" blue-based discolourations because orange is the complimentary colour ("opposite" on the colour wheel) to blue. When orange is paired with blue, maximum contrast occurs, thus creating the "cancelling out" effect. Otherwise known as freakin' M A G I C !!! To Use: I scoop the product out with a spatula and onto a pallet, then my hand to warm. I pick up the colour, apply and blend it with a MAC #224. I can spray 99% iso directly on the product to sanitize and it doesn't dry out. The orange is a corrector, not a concealer, so it needs a colour product, like concealer or foundation on top of it (in a "normal" colour), so you don't look crazy. Using the orange corrector with skin-toned concealer over it works like a charm for me. I don't get the "death grey" colour that happens when you try to cover the circles and other dark discolourations with concealers only. Occasionally, to deal with the less hardcore, more purple under eye circles that some lighter skin people have, I break my own rules of "corrector then concealer" and use the product as a pigment to add to yellow-toned concealers to create the prefect, custom shade of "bag concealing peach". I use it on myself on the regular, and find it's a "must have" in my kit, especially if you do a lot of work on medium to darker skin tones. Even though I use it all the time on both myself and clients, the pot has lasted over a year! Told you this product was magic - it even features a "never ending" pot, lol. If I ever do run out, will buy again. At $7.99 CAD = an excellent value!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

7 years ago

Not only would I buy this product again, I keep an extra on hand just in case ot becomes hard to find. The orange is not meant as a sub for a contouring product this is a true concealer. While I.don't have hyperpigmentation or noticeably dark circles this product is such a brightener under the eye that I refuse to go without it. NYX continues to deliver quality product with excellent prices!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

7 years ago

Stop the presses - this is a holy grail item! I have dark blueish purple dark circles under my eyes and I've tried almost every single "good" concealer out there from high end to drugstore. Some worked better than others but I could still see that blueish purple peeking through. I picked this up to see if I could neutralize the dark circles before applying skin tone concealer and foundation and it totally worked!! My under eye circles are completely gone! I apply this after moisturizer under my eyes, then I apply a skin toned concealer (Hard Candy Glamoflauge) and blend it in with a flat top brush. Next I apply my foundation and buff that in, set with a powder and my face looks flawless! This product doesn't sink into fine lines underneath my eyes and it doesn't slide or move around on my face. I love this product so much that I picked up another one for my makeup kit (I'm an MUA and I always get asked what products are good for covering up dark circles). People are always amazed when I show them their makeup and their under eye area is bright and concealed. I've recommended this product to so many clients and friends. This product is like $8 for a jar and very accessible (my local drugstore carries NYX). The jar has a lot of product and lasts forever! Usually when using on clients I have to double dip my brush, so for my kit concealer I just spray it with 95% alcohol after each use. The alcohol dries super fast and doesn't change the texture of the product. I cannot live a day without this product - I will be lost if they ever discontinue it. If you have dark circles you need this product in your makeup bag/collection. I will definitely repurchase for myself, for my makeup kit, and recommend this to everyone!!

About reviewer (349 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I am an ethnic woman with dark circles and this product works to clear them. I have seen reviews on this, where one review said it was dry and she couldn't use it. I do not find that to be the case. Unfortunately, this reviewer probably bought one whose shelf life was expired. It is very creamy although you must blend it thoroughly. What a buy for the money though. I bought it at a beauty store for $5.49 which is pretty inexpensive.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

7 years ago

Are you an African American? Do you get dark brown hyperpigmentation? Do you have the brownest under eye bags that nothing will work on? If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you need this concealer in your life. Nothing ever worked on my stupid dark acne scars, no matter how well it matched me. According to Bobbi Brown's Makeup Manual a dark peach or orange corrector under concealer should do the trick for darker skin. And she was right. I already had and loved this concealer in Nutmeg, so I thought I'd try their Orange to see if it worked before blowing $25 on BB's corrector. Then I got this, tried it, and thought why waste $20 when I already have this and it's great! It has a wonderful creamy texture and it works under eye and on my stupid acne scars. The only bad thing IMO is that Ulta doesn't carry it at all; they sell every shade of the concealer but Orange. I had to order this from NYX's website. Totally worth it, and I'll be buying this again.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Neutral

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

7 years ago

Because of my dark undereye circles, I was really itching to get my hands on this product. Well........I did, and at first I wasn't impressed because I could still see shadows somewhat. But after using my Revlon Colorstay foundation and concealer, the shadows were completely gone and I looked well rested. It does crease, but with a light pat of my finger, the creasing goes away. I haven't tried this over a primer...just bare skin. I will update this review once my Mally Poreless Primer is delivered. In all, this is a good product. I'd advise using a very light finger or beauty blender as opposed to a brush. I got the best coverage with a finger and the blender in comparison to the brush. It does correct darkness on tan skin tones, but a light finger and blending are required. It does seem to wear off after about 7 or 8 hours, but I found that just dabbing a little over my makeup, blending with my finger, and then covering with my tan powder was enough for a minor touch-up.

About reviewer (235 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

from

7 years ago

This stuff is amazing! I have dark undereye circles and I've been hunting for a concealer that would actually hide them. When I started researching, I found out that using an orange concealer on dark skin is supposed to really make a difference. MAC had an orange concealer but I didn't want to spend the money for it not to work. Then I found the NYX orange concealer. For $6 I would mind if it didn't work. But it does. It's creamy, not too thick and comes in a little jar. I use my finger and dab it under my eyes. I will never ever be without this stuff!

About reviewer (169 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Cool