Almay Intense i-color liquid shadow/primer

Almay Intense i-color liquid shadow/primer

3.5

on 5/4/2016 11:31:00 AM

Got this for Hazel eyes, had low expectations because I'm 59, top of my eyelids droop, so creamy eye shadows usual migrate up my eye and cake in the crease, this surprising did not. It's creamy, dries quickly and stays on the entire day, through heat and sweat. A good bang for the buck.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have green/hazel eyes.. So I got the intense liquid for green eyes! I personally love it! I use Mac Primer underneath swipe this on and I am done! I have sensitive eyes and Almay is the only DS makeup that I can wear since its hypoallergenic!! Thanks Almay!

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's such a pretty blue color, but good lord does it crease. For something that's meant to function as a primer as well as an eyeshadow, it's pretty darn lousy at not creasing. I've never used it as a primer, just because I can't see it being any use at all as a primer. I've noticed I can usually get it to work for several hours if I use it over another primer, but that kind of defeats the purpose of it. Mostly I just use it as an eyeshadow on the corners of my eyes.

I bought this product since I was in need of a primer. I typically buy e.l.f. eyeshadow primer (which is only $1), and I have always heard great things about Almay. I bought the primer-eyeshadow for blue eyes and the color is silver/blue. It shimmers and in my opinion, is very pretty on my eye lids. I love the color and how well it compliments my eye color. The one thing I do not like about it is the applicator. You cannot just swipe the wand across without the primer smudging, but really, that is not a big deal to me. The primer lasts about 8 hours and is something that I use when I am pressed for time.

on 8/8/2013 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

From the packaging, this shadow/primer looks like a soft gray. I thought I'd try it out because I love gray shadows. Yikes! This thing is horrible for blue eyes. In fact, I don't think it would work for ANY eye color. The color is a bright, silvery-sky-blue with massive glitter/shimmer. I applied it with the doe foot and tried to blend it out with my finger. The consistency is patchy and would never work as an eyeshadow primer. I wiped it off with a cotton ball and my eyes still had glitter pieces on my eyelid. I returned to Target.

The option for another eye (green or hazel) is a brown -- it is the one pictured here. That color would be more complimentary to blue eyes, however, because of the consistency and unevenness of this product -- I will not purchase any of these shadow/primers. Clearly a miss.

I bought this as something to throw in my purse before I finally was able to get some Chanel Stylo Eyeshadows, but I actually like this much better than I ended up liking the Chanel shadows. This comes in really handy when I am in a super hurry but want to look a little more polished. It smooths easily onto my lids, is easy to blend, stays in place, and has a nice subtle shimmer to it.
A very good value!

on 5/31/2013 7:55:00 PM

I purchased this in the blue color. All that was visible on my was silver shimmer and the product did not provide any primer benefits. The LM Eye Bright may be $12 more but it's matte and does what's suppose to do.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can't believe no one else has reviewed these yet!!! I love these liquid shadow/primers from Almay. There are four shades: one for brown eyes which is a smoky amethyst, one for blue eyes which is a silvery light blue, one for green eyes which is a green gold, and one for hazel eyes which is a warm golden taupe.

I have purchased the one for hazel eyes twice now. I wear it alone or as a primer. These are such great liquid shadows! That last all day and never crease and show up beautifully on my fair skin. I bought mine for just under $9 each at Target. I really hope these become a regular item for Almay. I recently bought a second "hazel eyes" shadow just to make sure I don't run out anytime soon!