Perfekt Matte Body Perfection Gel

No Image

4.5

on 6/26/2017 9:28:00 PM

This is exactly what I was looking for! Self-tanners scare me a bit because you never know what color you're going to end up with, and then you're stuck with it for quite a while. This body perfection gel comes out EXACTLY the right tan color you'd imagine, no orange at all, and it doesn't streak. You just rub it in like a lotion, making sure to evenly distribute it, and you are good to go.

This looks like a natural tan, it really does, and so far I haven't found that it transfers onto clothes or anything else.

The texture is nice, thick, and creamy. It's also build able. The more you put on, the tanner you look.

It will wash off in the shower, so it doesn't hang around, but that's OK because it's a piece of cake to re-apply any time you want. I'm really thinking this will be my go-to tanning product for the summer months. Much prefer this to any self-tanner on the market!

I guess the only real drawback here is the price. It's on the high side. But, I do think it's worth it for this quality product.

on 6/21/2016 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this! It makes my pasty legs look naturally tan and smooth- no orange to be found. I haven't noticed any transferring, although I don't have any white furniture so I can't be sure. The instructions tell you not to use a moisturizer first and I was worried about my dry skin looking flaky without lotion, but it made my legs feel smooth and seemed to moisturize them (or at least protect them from moisture loss). I had to give this four instead of five stars because of how very expensive it is. I got this in a value pack and don't regret it, but I would probably have to think long and hard before purchasing it on its own. So if you have the money, go for it!

on 6/27/2013 8:39:00 AM

I love using this on my face and chest. If you are familiar with the Sally Hansen Airbrush legs, this is somewhat similar however it is not as great in my opinion. The Perfekt is more sheer. On me the Sally Hansen makes my legs look flawless. The Perfekt makes them look nice but doesn't cover every little mark. I will keep using the Perfekt on my face. I love how it makes me look all tan and glowy. The price is obscene at $48 a pop. Just using it on my face and chest, it should last a while.

on 7/27/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this bronzer and I'm glad I did because I would not have thought to take a chance on a full-sized tube of this pricey bronzer without trying it first. I really love it (and, yes, it is truly matte; no shimmer, no sheen). It is long lasting and does not rub off on clothes (or even my ivory sofa). Don't be shocked when it comes out of the tube dark, muddy brown, it is highly pigmented and blends in to look very natural (even on my pasty, translucent legs). It does take some practice to get the application perfect, but here are some tips I found helpful: Apply only on freshly washed, exfoliated, and thoroughly dried skin (shaved legs are a must). Use only a small amount at a time and blend it in quickly starting at your feet and working up your body, since it dries pretty quickly. Make sure your hands are completely dry when you apply this. Don't come into contact with any clothing or water until this is 100% dry (5-10 minutes). After it's dry is the time to apply another coat (if needed). These tips are tedious, but they insure proper application so you can get the most out of this bronzer. It doesn't have a fragrance, and it has the consistency of whipped frosting. It's expensive, but I will buy it again.

on 5/24/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my new HG one day tan product.. I really love it and leave a very nature looking light tan. It matte without any shimmer or shine. Works great on legs. Lasts until you wash it off in the shower. Does not transfer when dry (but I don't wear anything white when I use this just in case.) My recommendation is to apply the product with a self tanner mitt in order to blend the products smoothly. Pricey but because is looks nature, I definitely am willing to splurge on this item.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Loved this! I generally steer away from "body makeup", as I find it easier to just apply a gradual self tanner everyday. However, I've recently had a few breakouts on my shoulders and have some redness and scarring that this product covered right up without it being obvious! I felt it lasted a long time and it did not further irritate the skin, which was a concern of mine. It is a creamy, smooth texture and although is a dark, dark pigment in the tube, actually sheers out very nicely! Beautiful, luxurious, splurge-worthy product!

on 2/12/2013 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great matte body bronzer. It is not orange, has no smell and spreads really well. But it does transfer easily so I would never imagine applying it to my body. I use it primarily to darken my foundations, since it is a perfect non-shimmery super pigmented product. It doesn't change the texture and finish of your foundation, because it just melts into it, and I can finally wear those BB creams that are way too light or ashy for my skin tone. As for the body bronzer, I would still prefer a good quality self tan (St.Tropez) that doesn't rub off clothes and ruin your sheets.

I have become addicted to this product! Every time I bear my legs I go to body perfection gel tan. I did learn however to not moisturize before applying it otherwise it will transfer. I have slept with it on in my fluffy white sheets and it doesn't transfer! So glad I finally found a product without DHA, that doesn't smell or turn orange on my ghostly fair skin.