FLOWER Beauty Powder Trip Pressed Powder Foundation

FLOWER Beauty Powder Trip Pressed Powder Foundation
Powder Trip Pressed Powder Foundation

3.8

Talc, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, BHT, Panthenol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.

on 2/8/2017 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wanted to love this so much, but it did not work for me. I had the lightest shade, which was still a bit too dark for my skin, and for a long time I thought this didn't offer any coverage at all. I struggled with a lot of acne as an adult, and my face was always red (it was a gluten-related issue, which has mostly resolved since I went gluten-free), so I was a full-coverage face products user for years. When my skin was better, I tried this again, and it does seem to give a little coverage, so if you have mostly great skin, this is for you if you can find a match.

My biggest issues with it are that it makes me look a bit orange very quickly after applying it, and I had a reaction to it. I used it on my cheeks (to test the coverage, because it's winter and I get flushed easily) and almost immediately I started itching. Within a couple of hours, there were tiny bumps all over them. I didn't have an acne breakout, but it felt a lot like hives. I'd experienced that before when I used this, but I was usually also using products I had only recently purchased, so I didn't know for sure what was causing the reaction. This time, it could only be this powder.

While I think the packaging looks nice, I wish the plate where the brush can be stored was a proper mirror. Maybe some people can use it as one, but I couldn't. The brush might be ok for a quick touch-up, but I didn't like using it, but I always use my own brushes anyway.

If you can find a shade that matches your skin, and you don't have any negative reactions (oxidization, breakouts, etc.), I think this is a decent product. The powder is buttery soft and blends out nicely, and it doesn't look cakey. I've found the Flower face products usually tend to be a bit more yellow, but for this powder, it was more on the pink side, which I didn't love, but because the coverage was so sheer, it wasn't too bad. I think it might work better as a setting powder than a powder foundation, though, because the coverage is very light.

on 1/16/2017 6:27:00 PM

Oh boy. This stuff is..not good. The packaging is as classy as it gets for DS makeup, though. The brush is aight so when you toss it, it's pan works as a mirror.

I haven't used a ton of pressed powder foundations, but if I didn't know better, I would've mistaken it for a cream at first touch. Impressively creamy and swatches and swatches beautifully. Once applied, lightly or heavily, it becomes pretty undectable. I have never seen a powder meld into the skin like that. But yet it sits so weird on the skin?

Anyhow, after about an hour it oxidizes horribly. It's a strange color, too. Like a weird yellow, not the usual orange. My face isn't itchy per se, but it feels like the moisture has been sucked out of the deeper layers of my skin. Almost as if it's damaging my moisture barrier. For these reasons, it's a no for me dawg.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is exceptional. Finely milled, the lightest shade matches me, and this is my favorite/most used product right now.

With a sponge you get heavier coverage over spots,and a flat-top brush all over will give light coverage. Does not get cakey! Throughout the day the coverage will disappear, much better than other formulas that separate/get cakey. I don't mind touching up throughout the day, application is fool-proof. Excellent makeup for beginners.

EDIT: So I've read the new reviews saying this left a yellow cast--I have neutral skin, with some yellow undertones, which is why I love this powder. If you have pink undertones this may not work out for you. In response to it oxidizing--I have never experienced oxidation & I have really oily skin BUT every Covergirl foundation has oxidized on me, but not others...I think oxidation has more to do with your own skin chemistry then the product per se.

I have purchased this probably 6 times, and will continue to do so. I love this to set makeup, or give more coverage over foundation. On its own, I've noticed it can look powdery, but I use a setting spray (wet n wild) & it looks lovely (light coverage) and lasts longer.

This is by far my absolute favorite foundation. For some reason, liquid and cream foundations appear very cakey and unnatural on my skin. I've used a lot of different kinds and I've concluded that it's my skin and not the makeup that's the problem.

I have pretty clear skin, I only get a zit here or there once or twice a month, but the fact that my skin is very combination seems to mean that most foundations are either too slippery or too matte. This powder is as soft as velvet, has medium coverage and smooths my entire face out beautifully.

If you've got good to moderate skin this is an amazing choice and the only one I'll use as long as it's available. I use it with E.L.F.'s Complexion Brush and instead of sweeping I pat it on. Works like a dream and PP1 is the perfect shade for people with incredibly pale skin.

on 5/10/2015 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I purchased Powder Trip powder foundation based on a "Best" product review from Beautipedia. This is a light foundation that is quick and easy to apply over my moisturizer and sunscreen. I use Shiseido's round sponge to apply, however, the small brush that is included is very soft and suitable for applying as well. For me, this powder foundation is perfect for those no makeup days while running errands and I want to look put together. The foundation is finely milled and provides very light coverage with a surprisingly smooth even finish. It does NOT cover all imperfections and the finish morphs into semi-matte. I suggest using a cream blush with this one.

I chose the lightest shade PP1 which is the lightest and cooler shade of the four. A perfect match for my fair complexion with slightly pink undertones. This fits the bill at $9 for approx 6 hours of decent wear. Does not settle into fine lines or look cakey which is a plus.

Cons: Wish I did not have to go to WalMart for purchasing, but I applaud Drew Barrymore for creating an affordable decent makeup line for those on a budget.

As for the packaging without a mirror, I rarely require a touch up during the day so a mirror is a non issue for me but I could see that for those that like to touch up during the day.

UPDATE 7/13: I returned this product with my receipt as I noticed a yellow cast to my face after several hours wearing on several consecutive days. Still it is not a bad product but the color was off or it may have oxidized.

on 4/22/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Another disappointing product. I'm a NC20-25 and i used the shade pp4 which has a wonderful yellow tone to it; something you don't see often in the drugstore. Although I am oily, I am always reluctant to buy powders because of my horrible ompa-lompa experience with L'Oreal True Match. Lets get into the review:

Pros:
1)Colour: Again, the yellow tone of the powder is something that is hard to come by, so I appreciate the effort put in.
2)Texture: This is creamier than most liquids that I've felt. I genuinely believe that this IS triple pressed. It's slightly creamier than the True Match powder (for reference) and doesn't crumble apart or go all over the place when you place a brush into it. Most powders end up more on the floor than my face because of how powdery and crumbly they are, but not this one.
3)Wear: It wears nice and evenly and doesn't take much to blend out. It lasted about 5 hours on my oily/combo skin and layered well on itself when I needed to reapply. I also found that the brush that comes with this compact works well...but I still like to use my own :) BUT, it's one of the best brushes I've seen come with a product.
Cons:
1)Claims: The claim of this powder is that it is a foundation, but I don't think someone with flawless skin would even get ANY coverage from this. It's an average powder, and a good one none the less, but maybe it needs to be renamed from "foundation" to JUST "powder"
2)Packaging: The packaging is beautiful: white and rose-gold with a magnetic closure. BUT, I don't need a brush with this product. It's a little bulky in my purse and I found that the magnetic closure kept opening. It could have been better; maybe just a standard 'snap' compact.
3)Price: I bought this for $9 CAD which doesn't sound bad...but someone else on makeupalley did the math on this in terms of grams (oz)/price and came up with the ACTUAL price of this product compared to others and it equalled about $80. (it was written by Meriel65...she's much more eloquent about it). So it's pricey...and I don't like that...who does?
Overall: I guess I don;t like being mislead by a product and I especially don't like wasting money...this product did both.
As a setting powder this is amazing and luxurious, so if that's what you are looking for this is a great buy.
I'm not planning on repurchasing but will use up the remainder of the product

on 3/24/2015 8:20:00 PM

I intended to use this as a foundation because that's what it's supposed to be...but the coverage is so,so light. Even if you have perfect skin, it wouldn't do much for you. Instead I use it as a finishing powder, which it is excellent for. Nice yellow undertones, very fine texture, controls shine decently.

I had been using Neutrogena powder foundation...and had used that for years. But decided to try something different.

Will not go back to Neutrogena...this works and lasts much much better. I use Yes to Carrots CC cream first, then the Flower primer, and then this and it all works great. The only thing I have considered is since this has worked so well...if to give the bb cream in this line a try (which is suppose to replace the cc cream/primer).

But over all, I love it and it works great. Doesn't bother my acne or dry/combination skin.

on 12/11/2014 3:50:00 PM

I purchased the lightest shade available PP1 (nickname Casper) and it actually worked for me! The coverage was light however, I was able to add a little more to my problem areas. It provides a nice matte finish. I did not try the brush that came with it but used my own latex free cosmetic wedge.
Will be repurchasing at least two more of these soon one for makeup drawer and one to leave in purse for emergency hot man sightings. ;-)

on 12/1/2014 11:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Sorry I just don't like this as a powder foundation--I have really good skin, so I do not need much coverage at all, but this didn't impress me. It just looks flat, and dull on my face, like a bad cheap powder-- also no mirror in the compact?? --what a pain, having to carry a extra mirror to touch up your face--don't know what the makers were thinking with that!!!