Estée Lauder Illuminating Perfecting Primer

Estée Lauder Illuminating Perfecting Primer

3.1

Water, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Pullulan, Isohexadecane, Coco Glucoside, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Polysorbate-80, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Manganese Violet, Yellow 5 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

There is absolutely nothing illuminating about this, didn’t do any of the skin improving claims it makes either.
I got this to try under the doublewear max because I love the max but it’s too matte and a tad drying for me. Tried it a few times and it didn’t provide any illuminating benefits at all. I shook the tube real good thinking the “illuminating” ingredients were maybe settled or not mixed well, but nope. Nothing. It’s not at all hydrating or pore smooting either. Returned!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recieved three of Estee Lauder primerss for free: Soother, luminating, and mattifer. I tried soother and luminating on different sides of face for 3 days. I have large pores and was trying these to see which helped with pores. This primer actually makes my pores appear even larger, the wrinkles under my eyes worse. Then I considered if my face was luminous, it was not. To be honest with you, Loreal Magic lumi primer is more luminous and way cheaper.

Smoother is awesome though, I will buy full size of that.

on 3/17/2018 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do not understand the bad reviews. This is the best primer I’ve used and I’ve used a bunch. I put It on under my foundation letting it sit a couple of minutes. My makeup stays in place all day. Looks fresh and glowing. Not oily. Love it.

on 4/2/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this as a liquid highlighter / illuminator. I put this on my cheeks pre-foundation, then pat again on top when face is finished. Similar to MAC Strobe Liquid Lotion

Lasting: it only lasts like 4-6 hours on me. :/

Finish: almost a duo-chrome pearl finish. Very sheer. Lovely & Hard to find with big US products. Natural looking glow for fair - olive tones.

Consistency: Similar to MAC Strobe Liquid Lotion, creme liquid

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I purchased Illuminating Perfecting Primer during the summer, and didn't return to the mall in time for a refund at the Estee Lauder counter.

When I applied this to my face, felt drying, and barely had slip. Knew applying fdtn over this primer would be futile. Fdtn dragged along, all the while face feeling more taut and dry due to this primer.

Finish after applying fdtn over Illuminating Perfecting Primer produced peeling and small beads of fdtn on certain areas of my face. I then checked out the finish, standing by a window, with the blinds up, with a mirror in hand. Had to double check to see if it's really that bad. Lo' and behold, this primer has small particles of glitter in it.no, just.no.

Returned to using e.l.f. studio mineral infused face primer/color corrector, and currently using POREfessional primer/corrector. Both good products.

on 11/25/2014 11:45:00 AM

I had the make over at the counter and was told this is good for sensitive skin, break outs etc.

I have combination skin, T zone and dewy, dull but not dry cheeks, sensitive skin and eyes.

A little goes a long way, I use a brush to sweep it over the skin. It glides on and is smooth in texture. Foundation goes on lovely on top and the primer just gives it that finishing touch with a tiny bit of healthy glow underneath.

However, it made my chin and side of nose it and a broke out in spots which itched. This isn't good for the T zone nor sensitive skin like mine. I cannot use this everyday. Instead of throwing it away I use it say once a month if on a night out. Shame but this isn't any good for people who have skin like mine. Positive side is, it didn't affect my eyes at all as with my eyes even though I don't put products underneath, the perfume can still irritate my eyes, this did not.
Sadly I won't buy this again.

on 10/20/2014 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product breaks my face out. I am older and always had sensitive skin when I was younger, but I seldom have any "breakouts" now. I like the way my makeup looks over this product ( a slight glow), but every time I use it I break out! I won't be buying it again.

on 8/3/2014 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't get the good reviews on this product. I tried it for a week or two and my make up still slid off my face (I have combination skin and would get slightly oily in my t zone) and I don't think my foundation blended well over it. I waited for the primer to dry completely and then put my foundation on with my fingers and my foundation felt 'bitty' like as if flakes off the primer were coming off as it hadn't dried properly. It's been left in my old makeup bag and that's where it'll be staying as I'll not be using it again. Gutted! Love Este Lauder products and use their Advanced Night Repair and Daywear plus moisturiser but this primer was just rotten. The 'illuminating glow' was almost non existent for me. I just looked like a shiny mess!! #tragic lol

on 2/9/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HG product without a doubt. My make up stays put all day and night with this gorgeous product! I am so happy i bought it and I shall repurchase happily too. It smoothes and really softens fine lines, it is illuminating, but not too glowy either. Just makes my face and make up look fresh and radiant.
I know when I have this on under my make up, that it will keep it there and the lovely natural look it creates lasts and lasts. I have had this product about a month and I wear it most days under make up and I have a few compliments which is nice. I think it makes my skin look a little bit younger with it on as it blurs out my fine lines and pores.
It has a lovely feel too when you apply. It isn't drying at all. It feels like a light day moisturiser upon application, never feels heavy or matte, it sorts of feels as it goes on like a refresher! But it really holds my make up down so it's a win win.

on 1/20/2014 9:06:00 PM

I received a deluxe sample of this from a friend that actually gave me over five uses (so many I stopped counting!) - that's how little you really need for your face. Price of this product runs about $34 for 30ml/1oz at department stores (Nordstroms/Macys).

Likes:
Glowing & Radiant Skin (not sparkly!)
Moisturizing
Non-Greasy
Absorbs Quickly & into skin
Improved Skin Texture
No over-powering scent

I never knew what glowing skin could look like until now. Glowing doesn't actually have to mean oily either! I had put off testing this product because I was afraid this product would give me a shimmer or a oily sheen. Now I am glad I tried it because it is definitely a contender for regular purchase & use in the future.

I like the fact that after applying this to my skin, my foundation doesn't get affected by it. I use this with Mac Liquid Foundation, which usually gives me a really flat matte face. Not a bad thing, but sometimes you want more natural dimension and a glow. This primer really helped with that. My face looked more radiant, vibrant, & young! It really created a smooth velvety surface that my foundation melded with. Some of the silicone primers I've tried felt like the product just sat on top of my skin. This wasn't the case with the EL primer.

Texture and scent of products are really important to me. A product’s scent can sometimes make it or break it with me and skin products. Sometimes the "unscented" or "natural" products actually have a terrible smell that is not appealing to me. The product has to really be a knock-out awesome product for me to deal with the scent. I'm glad this one doesn't have that problem. No perfume smell, no oatmeal/granola natural smell). The texture of this product is more dense & creamier than Laura Mercier hydrating primer & Clinique’s primer that I recently reviewed, which is something I actually like/prefer. Feels more moisturizing to my skin. The product felt really soft on my skin, spread easily

Non-greasy, absorbs quickly - didn't have to wait for this to absorb before applying foundation. This is very important to me, since I usually am pressed for time.

Improved Skin Texture - after application, I felt like this product made my skin bouncier and soft.

I tested this during the winter season, so I am not sure what will happen during the summer – if it will leave my skin a bit greasy or oily, or if my makeup will melt off of my face by the end of the day. As for all-day lasting power during my testing period, I wore makeup for at least 9 hours and I never felt like I needed to touch up. I haven’t fallen asleep with my makeup on while wearing this primer, which I feel like is the ultimate test to a primer’s lasting power. Never a good idea to fall asleep with makeup on, but hey, it happens and at least you get more test results!

Dislikes? None at this time, besides the price!
Overall – really eager to try more than the sample I have. It’s a great option for when I want to have a natural glow, making my skin look more vibrant and young.