MAC Viva Glam Nicki II

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Viva Glam Nicki II
Viva Glam Nicki IIViva Glam Nicki II

3.6

I do love Mac lipsticks and I was very impressed with the quality of this one. It is very moisturizing and super pigmented. But, this lipstick will only work on dark skin tones (hence the name) .. I returned this product because of that reason

on 4/17/2013 2:42:00 PM

I love love love this shade. Its so unusual and at first I thought it wouldn't suit me. I wear this with MAC magenta lipliner and lavender lipglass and it works perfectly. It is very dramatic so keep eyes neutral. For a night at the club I like to wear this with subtle purple smokey eye keeping it light and allowing the lips to dominate. Wish the staying power was better though, I felt like I was reapplying all night long.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a beautiful colour. I was not impressed with the first Viva Glam Nicki, because it was very dry and it would clump all over your lips, but this one is very easy to get on your lips and doesn't clump at all. I usually wear it with the Viva Glam Nicki lipgloss to make the perfect baby pink color.

on 2/13/2013 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Many people seem quite put off by the light lavender-pink lipstick that is Viva Glam Nicki II.
However what should be considered is all the possibilities/ways to use this shade. Use a darker lip liner (MAC night moth) to create an ombr effect, sheer it out by sparsely applying it to your lips and blending or even apply it in the middle of your lips on top of another darker shade to create dimension. Experiment and have fun.
Also, spring/summer is coming soon, so why not have a little fun and try something new! If you are comfortable and happy with a bold lip then forget if others dislike it or think it doesn't go with your skin type/color.
As for the shade, it is a light lavender pink with an amplified finish. It is creamy and applies well (second coat is lovely) and has a great lasting power! It can get cakey so make sure to blot or remove some color and slowly build layers.
Personally for my fair, cool skin tone I use NYX lip liner in Flower (I like similar lipliners to lipsticks) and build Nicki II on top for the perfect lavender pink pout!

on 2/11/2013 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me, this was disgusting!!!! Thankfully I tried it on before buying it... A totally pasty pale almost fluorescent purple... reminds me of a purple St. Germain which looks disgusting on me too.