MAC Viva Glam Nicki II

MAC Viva Glam Nicki II
Viva Glam Nicki IIViva Glam Nicki II

4.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw the reviews for this & I had to mention my $0.02. I have returned 2 MAC lippies (out of the 100 some odd MAC lippies I own & both were blind buys online [this Nicki 2 & the other was Ariana Grande 1 lipstick]), I was disappointed in this becoz on me it was unflattering too pale but I ended up w a similar lipstick "dupe" Jeffree Star "Virginity" that I like it is more opaque. Meh Nicki 1 was so much better! I have the Nicki 1 lipstick & Lipglass. It is a watermelony punch color which makes ur teeth look good Nicki 2 just didn't turn my crank. I wish I hadn't returned it thou I like J* Virginity if u want this pale lavender it is similar but both Nicki's & J* Virginity were limited edition. Very unique color! Gotta hand it to MAC for creating unique colors that people remember that stand out.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Mac lipsticks and of course the LE I tend to use more - I have been using this for a few years and I love it, it's such a nice light pinkish purple color I apply alittle LE Betty Girl Next Door or Hello Kitty Fashion Mews over it with a nude lipliner and it's the perfect shade you don't need much the tube will last and it stays on lips for at least a few hours, I never thought this color would work for me I'm fair medium skin tone blonde hair but it really looks great with a smokey eye! I wish I could find a dupe or Mac could create a color similar as its expensive to keep buying these LE's! I have re bought many times and will stock up as long as I can! Side Note: I have swatched both this color and fashion mews and they seem to be almost identical so either would work!

This lipstick unfortunately looks uber cute in its tube, but very pale on the lips.
I don't mind spending my money on it, because in the end it all goes for a good cause fighting AIDS. Yet I have to make it work in order for it to look decent.

If I just leave it on its own - I end up looking like a clown. Yet with a deeper gloss or other lipstick on top of it, it actually might work!

If you already bought yours and don't know how to use it or what makeup to pair with it, I have read this blog post here which gave me some good ideas. Hope it helps!

I do love Mac lipsticks and I was very impressed with the quality of this one. It is very moisturizing and super pigmented. But, this lipstick will only work on dark skin tones (hence the name) .. I returned this product because of that reason

on 4/17/2013 2:42:00 PM

I love love love this shade. Its so unusual and at first I thought it wouldn't suit me. I wear this with MAC magenta lipliner and lavender lipglass and it works perfectly. It is very dramatic so keep eyes neutral. For a night at the club I like to wear this with subtle purple smokey eye keeping it light and allowing the lips to dominate. Wish the staying power was better though, I felt like I was reapplying all night long.

on 4/8/2013 12:19:00 AM

Loving the lilac! So pretty for spring. I was a little hesitant how this would look on me, but I really love it. For reference I am an NC25-30. This wears like most MAC lipsticks for me - a little under 4 hours of wear time. The formula is a little drying and can settle so I just take the time to exfoliate and moisturize before application. I like to add a little depth and a little longer wear time by pairing this with the nicki 2 lipglass.