MAC Viva Glam Nicki II

MAC Viva Glam Nicki II
Viva Glam Nicki IIViva Glam Nicki II

4.4

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this with my NC45 skintone. I always do a nice ombre lip using lipliners in nightmoth and plum paired up with the corresponding lipglass. This feels super comfortable on my lips and as far as longevity I get about four hours of wear when I wear this. I will definitely need to stock up and buy backups before I forget and its gone for good.

on 7/24/2013 3:06:00 PM

I got this as an impulse buy and wearing this on its own is just too much. it really washes out my color and it just doesn't look right. After some experimenting I realized if I wear some chap stick underneath and dap some of this lipstick on it looks a little more natural and doesn't wash me out as much. I like wearing this mostly when I do a smoky-eye that way it makes me eyes pop out more.

on 7/12/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was immediatedly interested in the colour when I opened up this lipstick that I received from a friend for my birthday recently. I'm not far from Nicki Minaj's skin tone but I find that this colour is quite intimidating to wear alone and I am a lipstick daredevil. I find that it goes on a little chalky unless I blot my lips extremely lightly with Up The Amp first, then going over it with a thicker coat of Nicki II and then lightly blotting with tissue. The end result of the combination I use is beautiful, though, and I love pairing it with a thin cat-eye. The pigmentation is good and I find a little goes a long way with this product.

So let me start by saying I am not a Nicki fan at all but OH MY GOSH this shade is what dreams are made of! I have wanted this shade to be made since I was a little girl and FINALLY!! It is such a soft lavender with a hint of baby pink,when paired with a clean,subtle face it is beyond gorgeous! You can apply it sheer and cover with gloss or go bold and a add a few layers for a dramatic lip. Perfect for medium-tan skin tones,perfect summer lipstick!

A must have for Barbie girls ;)

P.s
this shade is everything I wanted 'snob' to be and then some!

tip: looks even more amazing in pictures. The color really POPS!

on 4/17/2013 2:42:00 PM

I love love love this shade. Its so unusual and at first I thought it wouldn't suit me. I wear this with MAC magenta lipliner and lavender lipglass and it works perfectly. It is very dramatic so keep eyes neutral. For a night at the club I like to wear this with subtle purple smokey eye keeping it light and allowing the lips to dominate. Wish the staying power was better though, I felt like I was reapplying all night long.

on 4/8/2013 12:19:00 AM

Loving the lilac! So pretty for spring. I was a little hesitant how this would look on me, but I really love it. For reference I am an NC25-30. This wears like most MAC lipsticks for me - a little under 4 hours of wear time. The formula is a little drying and can settle so I just take the time to exfoliate and moisturize before application. I like to add a little depth and a little longer wear time by pairing this with the nicki 2 lipglass.

on 4/2/2013 11:59:00 AM

LADIES! I know that some of you are loyal MAC fans..I too love MAC but also love when I can get a good bargain so I decided to share. If you like MAC "Viva Glam Nicki 2 Lipstick"($15) you should try NYX "Extra Creamy Lipstick" ($4) in "Thalia" is a dead-ringer, cost effective and easier to apply. You won't have to keep going over your lips multiple times like with the MAC "Nicki" shade which is rather sheer.

LOVE IT! I'm NC 30 right now and it looks very nice. not too wild. it's perfect for spring!

on 2/22/2013 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For the love of MAC...I like this color cause its a wild out of the box color.....im carmel skin...so this looks great on me ..plus always use a lipliner (MAGENTA...NYX..PURPLE) and this will be much more wearable , or use it with another color for an ombre pout effect....but the color rocks on me!

on 2/18/2013 11:49:00 PM

I'm a very pale, cool toned, blonde and I actually think this shade is very wearable on me. It isn't nearly as lavender as I thought it would by by looking at swatches, it does tend to lean more towards a light blueish pink, especially on my very pigmented lips. If anything, I was a bit disappointed that this shade wasn't more wild, I really love a bold, unique lip. Still, pastels are on trend for spring, so why not take a chance and wear a more noticeable, fun one?
WARNING: Red lipstick makes teeth look lighter, but lavender does the opposite. I took away a point for how yellow my teeth look while I'm wearing this. Just pout like a model and avoid comedy clubs.