MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam Nicki II

Viva Glam Nicki IIViva Glam Nicki II

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Picked this up not really knowing much about it, although I remembered one of my friends talking to me about it briefly before. It is a lavender pink lipstick, the purple tone in it is noticeable but it doesn't overpower the pink too much in my opinion. I have NC15 skin so depending on what eye colour I'm wearing that day, it can either make me look a little washed out or be just right for the look I'm doing. If its too pale then I tend to maybe layer a pink lipgloss over top or something like that. As per usual, it smells completely gorgeous with the signature MAC smell and is a very good and very versatile lipstick. I think my only complaint about it and the reason why I don't give it full marks is because it really doesn't last very long. I can about two hours max of wearing it before it starts to come off, which is a bit of a peeve as it can be expensive to buy, and I find myself needing to apply it more often. I would recommend and buy again.

on 12/9/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Formula is great, it's not dry at all! For me this is too pale or too lilac, though I'm NW10-15! It's just not good on me.

on 7/24/2013 3:06:00 PM

I got this as an impulse buy and wearing this on its own is just too much. it really washes out my color and it just doesn't look right. After some experimenting I realized if I wear some chap stick underneath and dap some of this lipstick on it looks a little more natural and doesn't wash me out as much. I like wearing this mostly when I do a smoky-eye that way it makes me eyes pop out more.

on 4/14/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am writing this review for the Viva Glam II lipglass! I am NC15 (pale with warm undertones) and though I love the Viva Glam Nicki first lipstick, the Viva Glam II does not work for me...However, the lipglass looks gorgeous! I am more of a lipstick girl, but I really like this lipglass. It's gorgeous to wear on it's own or with lipstick. So cute for the spring and summer! My only complaint is how sticky the lipglasses are...I have really long, straight hair and my hair always sticks to this lipglass. I love it still and will-rebuy if it's still available!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a beautiful colour. I was not impressed with the first Viva Glam Nicki, because it was very dry and it would clump all over your lips, but this one is very easy to get on your lips and doesn't clump at all. I usually wear it with the Viva Glam Nicki lipgloss to make the perfect baby pink color.

on 3/21/2013 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I adore this color. It took a little coaxing from my husband to give it a chance but he reassured me that they made my already plump pout stand out. I love that it's light but still draws the eye. I'm excited to see the reaction I get from in a professional environment.

on 2/18/2013 11:49:00 PM

I'm a very pale, cool toned, blonde and I actually think this shade is very wearable on me. It isn't nearly as lavender as I thought it would by by looking at swatches, it does tend to lean more towards a light blueish pink, especially on my very pigmented lips. If anything, I was a bit disappointed that this shade wasn't more wild, I really love a bold, unique lip. Still, pastels are on trend for spring, so why not take a chance and wear a more noticeable, fun one?
WARNING: Red lipstick makes teeth look lighter, but lavender does the opposite. I took away a point for how yellow my teeth look while I'm wearing this. Just pout like a model and avoid comedy clubs.

on 2/13/2013 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Many people seem quite put off by the light lavender-pink lipstick that is Viva Glam Nicki II.
However what should be considered is all the possibilities/ways to use this shade. Use a darker lip liner (MAC night moth) to create an ombré effect, sheer it out by sparsely applying it to your lips and blending or even apply it in the middle of your lips on top of another darker shade to create dimension. Experiment and have fun.
Also, spring/summer is coming soon, so why not have a little fun and try something new! If you are comfortable and happy with a bold lip then forget if others dislike it or think it doesn't go with your skin type/color.
As for the shade, it is a light lavender pink with an amplified finish. It is creamy and applies well (second coat is lovely) and has a great lasting power! It can get cakey so make sure to blot or remove some color and slowly build layers.
Personally for my fair, cool skin tone I use NYX lip liner in Flower (I like similar lipliners to lipsticks) and build Nicki II on top for the perfect lavender pink pout!

on 2/11/2013 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me, this was disgusting!!!! Thankfully I tried it on before buying it... A totally pasty pale almost fluorescent purple... reminds me of a purple St. Germain which looks disgusting on me too.