MAC Viva Glam Nicki II

MAC Viva Glam Nicki II

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Mac lipsticks and of course the LE I tend to use more - I have been using this for a few years and I love it, it's such a nice light pinkish purple color I apply alittle LE Betty Girl Next Door or Hello Kitty Fashion Mews over it with a nude lipliner and it's the perfect shade you don't need much the tube will last and it stays on lips for at least a few hours, I never thought this color would work for me I'm fair medium skin tone blonde hair but it really looks great with a smokey eye! I wish I could find a dupe or Mac could create a color similar as its expensive to keep buying these LE's! I have re bought many times and will stock up as long as I can! Side Note: I have swatched both this color and fashion mews and they seem to be almost identical so either would work!

This lipstick unfortunately looks uber cute in its tube, but very pale on the lips.
I don't mind spending my money on it, because in the end it all goes for a good cause fighting AIDS. Yet I have to make it work in order for it to look decent.

If I just leave it on its own - I end up looking like a clown. Yet with a deeper gloss or other lipstick on top of it, it actually might work!

If you already bought yours and don't know how to use it or what makeup to pair with it, I have read this blog post here which gave me some good ideas. Hope it helps!

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Picked this up not really knowing much about it, although I remembered one of my friends talking to me about it briefly before. It is a lavender pink lipstick, the purple tone in it is noticeable but it doesn't overpower the pink too much in my opinion. I have NC15 skin so depending on what eye colour I'm wearing that day, it can either make me look a little washed out or be just right for the look I'm doing. If its too pale then I tend to maybe layer a pink lipgloss over top or something like that. As per usual, it smells completely gorgeous with the signature MAC smell and is a very good and very versatile lipstick. I think my only complaint about it and the reason why I don't give it full marks is because it really doesn't last very long. I can about two hours max of wearing it before it starts to come off, which is a bit of a peeve as it can be expensive to buy, and I find myself needing to apply it more often. I would recommend and buy again.

on 12/9/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Formula is great, it's not dry at all! For me this is too pale or too lilac, though I'm NW10-15! It's just not good on me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this with my NC45 skintone. I always do a nice ombre lip using lipliners in nightmoth and plum paired up with the corresponding lipglass. This feels super comfortable on my lips and as far as longevity I get about four hours of wear when I wear this. I will definitely need to stock up and buy backups before I forget and its gone for good.

on 7/24/2013 3:06:00 PM

I got this as an impulse buy and wearing this on its own is just too much. it really washes out my color and it just doesn't look right. After some experimenting I realized if I wear some chap stick underneath and dap some of this lipstick on it looks a little more natural and doesn't wash me out as much. I like wearing this mostly when I do a smoky-eye that way it makes me eyes pop out more.

on 7/12/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was immediatedly interested in the colour when I opened up this lipstick that I received from a friend for my birthday recently. I'm not far from Nicki Minaj's skin tone but I find that this colour is quite intimidating to wear alone and I am a lipstick daredevil. I find that it goes on a little chalky unless I blot my lips extremely lightly with Up The Amp first, then going over it with a thicker coat of Nicki II and then lightly blotting with tissue. The end result of the combination I use is beautiful, though, and I love pairing it with a thin cat-eye. The pigmentation is good and I find a little goes a long way with this product.

I do love Mac lipsticks and I was very impressed with the quality of this one. It is very moisturizing and super pigmented. But, this lipstick will only work on dark skin tones (hence the name) .. I returned this product because of that reason

So let me start by saying I am not a Nicki fan at all but OH MY GOSH this shade is what dreams are made of! I have wanted this shade to be made since I was a little girl and FINALLY!! It is such a soft lavender with a hint of baby pink,when paired with a clean,subtle face it is beyond gorgeous! You can apply it sheer and cover with gloss or go bold and a add a few layers for a dramatic lip. Perfect for medium-tan skin tones,perfect summer lipstick!

A must have for Barbie girls ;)

P.s
this shade is everything I wanted 'snob' to be and then some!

tip: looks even more amazing in pictures. The color really POPS!

on 4/17/2013 2:42:00 PM

I love love love this shade. Its so unusual and at first I thought it wouldn't suit me. I wear this with MAC magenta lipliner and lavender lipglass and it works perfectly. It is very dramatic so keep eyes neutral. For a night at the club I like to wear this with subtle purple smokey eye keeping it light and allowing the lips to dominate. Wish the staying power was better though, I felt like I was reapplying all night long.