MAC Viva Glam Nicki II

Viva Glam Nicki IIViva Glam Nicki II

on 2/18/2013 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like Nicki Minaj so I hoped that MAC would come out with a wearable shade like they did for Lady Gaga. Nope, this is one is harder to pull off than the first. I will not purchase.

on 2/11/2013 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me, this was disgusting!!!! Thankfully I tried it on before buying it... A totally pasty pale almost fluorescent purple... reminds me of a purple St. Germain which looks disgusting on me too.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw the reviews for this & I had to mention my $0.02. I have returned 2 MAC lippies (out of the 100 some odd MAC lippies I own & both were blind buys online [this Nicki 2 & the other was Ariana Grande 1 lipstick]), I was disappointed in this becoz on me it was unflattering too pale but I ended up w a similar lipstick "dupe" Jeffree Star "Virginity" that I like it is more opaque. Meh Nicki 1 was so much better! I have the Nicki 1 lipstick & Lipglass. It is a watermelony punch color which makes ur teeth look good Nicki 2 just didn't turn my crank. I wish I hadn't returned it thou I like J* Virginity if u want this pale lavender it is similar but both Nicki's & J* Virginity were limited edition. Very unique color! Gotta hand it to MAC for creating unique colors that people remember that stand out.

on 7/24/2013 3:06:00 PM

I got this as an impulse buy and wearing this on its own is just too much. it really washes out my color and it just doesn't look right. After some experimenting I realized if I wear some chap stick underneath and dap some of this lipstick on it looks a little more natural and doesn't wash me out as much. I like wearing this mostly when I do a smoky-eye that way it makes me eyes pop out more.

on 4/2/2013 11:59:00 AM

LADIES! I know that some of you are loyal MAC fans..I too love MAC but also love when I can get a good bargain so I decided to share. If you like MAC "Viva Glam Nicki 2 Lipstick"($15) you should try NYX "Extra Creamy Lipstick" ($4) in "Thalia" is a dead-ringer, cost effective and easier to apply. You won't have to keep going over your lips multiple times like with the MAC "Nicki" shade which is rather sheer.

This lipstick unfortunately looks uber cute in its tube, but very pale on the lips.
I don't mind spending my money on it, because in the end it all goes for a good cause fighting AIDS. Yet I have to make it work in order for it to look decent.

If I just leave it on its own - I end up looking like a clown. Yet with a deeper gloss or other lipstick on top of it, it actually might work!

If you already bought yours and don't know how to use it or what makeup to pair with it, I have read this blog post here which gave me some good ideas. Hope it helps!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Picked this up not really knowing much about it, although I remembered one of my friends talking to me about it briefly before. It is a lavender pink lipstick, the purple tone in it is noticeable but it doesn't overpower the pink too much in my opinion. I have NC15 skin so depending on what eye colour I'm wearing that day, it can either make me look a little washed out or be just right for the look I'm doing. If its too pale then I tend to maybe layer a pink lipgloss over top or something like that. As per usual, it smells completely gorgeous with the signature MAC smell and is a very good and very versatile lipstick. I think my only complaint about it and the reason why I don't give it full marks is because it really doesn't last very long. I can about two hours max of wearing it before it starts to come off, which is a bit of a peeve as it can be expensive to buy, and I find myself needing to apply it more often. I would recommend and buy again.

on 12/9/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Formula is great, it's not dry at all! For me this is too pale or too lilac, though I'm NW10-15! It's just not good on me.

on 7/12/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was immediatedly interested in the colour when I opened up this lipstick that I received from a friend for my birthday recently. I'm not far from Nicki Minaj's skin tone but I find that this colour is quite intimidating to wear alone and I am a lipstick daredevil. I find that it goes on a little chalky unless I blot my lips extremely lightly with Up The Amp first, then going over it with a thicker coat of Nicki II and then lightly blotting with tissue. The end result of the combination I use is beautiful, though, and I love pairing it with a thin cat-eye. The pigmentation is good and I find a little goes a long way with this product.

I do love Mac lipsticks and I was very impressed with the quality of this one. It is very moisturizing and super pigmented. But, this lipstick will only work on dark skin tones (hence the name) .. I returned this product because of that reason