MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam Nicki II

MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam Nicki II
Viva Glam Nicki IIViva Glam Nicki II

on 4/2/2013 11:59:00 AM

LADIES! I know that some of you are loyal MAC fans..I too love MAC but also love when I can get a good bargain so I decided to share. If you like MAC "Viva Glam Nicki 2 Lipstick"($15) you should try NYX "Extra Creamy Lipstick" ($4) in "Thalia" is a dead-ringer, cost effective and easier to apply. You won't have to keep going over your lips multiple times like with the MAC "Nicki" shade which is rather sheer.

on 2/18/2013 11:49:00 PM

I'm a very pale, cool toned, blonde and I actually think this shade is very wearable on me. It isn't nearly as lavender as I thought it would by by looking at swatches, it does tend to lean more towards a light blueish pink, especially on my very pigmented lips. If anything, I was a bit disappointed that this shade wasn't more wild, I really love a bold, unique lip. Still, pastels are on trend for spring, so why not take a chance and wear a more noticeable, fun one?
WARNING: Red lipstick makes teeth look lighter, but lavender does the opposite. I took away a point for how yellow my teeth look while I'm wearing this. Just pout like a model and avoid comedy clubs.

on 2/13/2013 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Many people seem quite put off by the light lavender-pink lipstick that is Viva Glam Nicki II.
However what should be considered is all the possibilities/ways to use this shade. Use a darker lip liner (MAC night moth) to create an ombré effect, sheer it out by sparsely applying it to your lips and blending or even apply it in the middle of your lips on top of another darker shade to create dimension. Experiment and have fun.
Also, spring/summer is coming soon, so why not have a little fun and try something new! If you are comfortable and happy with a bold lip then forget if others dislike it or think it doesn't go with your skin type/color.
As for the shade, it is a light lavender pink with an amplified finish. It is creamy and applies well (second coat is lovely) and has a great lasting power! It can get cakey so make sure to blot or remove some color and slowly build layers.
Personally for my fair, cool skin tone I use NYX lip liner in Flower (I like similar lipliners to lipsticks) and build Nicki II on top for the perfect lavender pink pout!

on 2/11/2013 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me, this was disgusting!!!! Thankfully I tried it on before buying it... A totally pasty pale almost fluorescent purple... reminds me of a purple St. Germain which looks disgusting on me too.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Picked this up not really knowing much about it, although I remembered one of my friends talking to me about it briefly before. It is a lavender pink lipstick, the purple tone in it is noticeable but it doesn't overpower the pink too much in my opinion. I have NC15 skin so depending on what eye colour I'm wearing that day, it can either make me look a little washed out or be just right for the look I'm doing. If its too pale then I tend to maybe layer a pink lipgloss over top or something like that. As per usual, it smells completely gorgeous with the signature MAC smell and is a very good and very versatile lipstick. I think my only complaint about it and the reason why I don't give it full marks is because it really doesn't last very long. I can about two hours max of wearing it before it starts to come off, which is a bit of a peeve as it can be expensive to buy, and I find myself needing to apply it more often. I would recommend and buy again.

So let me start by saying I am not a Nicki fan at all but OH MY GOSH this shade is what dreams are made of! I have wanted this shade to be made since I was a little girl and FINALLY!! It is such a soft lavender with a hint of baby pink,when paired with a clean,subtle face it is beyond gorgeous! You can apply it sheer and cover with gloss or go bold and a add a few layers for a dramatic lip. Perfect for medium-tan skin tones,perfect summer lipstick!

A must have for Barbie girls ;)

P.s
this shade is everything I wanted 'snob' to be and then some!

tip: looks even more amazing in pictures. The color really POPS!

on 4/17/2013 2:42:00 PM

I love love love this shade. Its so unusual and at first I thought it wouldn't suit me. I wear this with MAC magenta lipliner and lavender lipglass and it works perfectly. It is very dramatic so keep eyes neutral. For a night at the club I like to wear this with subtle purple smokey eye keeping it light and allowing the lips to dominate. Wish the staying power was better though, I felt like I was reapplying all night long.

on 3/21/2013 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I adore this color. It took a little coaxing from my husband to give it a chance but he reassured me that they made my already plump pout stand out. I love that it's light but still draws the eye. I'm excited to see the reaction I get from in a professional environment.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Mac lipsticks and of course the LE I tend to use more - I have been using this for a few years and I love it, it's such a nice light pinkish purple color I apply alittle LE Betty Girl Next Door or Hello Kitty Fashion Mews over it with a nude lipliner and it's the perfect shade you don't need much the tube will last and it stays on lips for at least a few hours, I never thought this color would work for me I'm fair medium skin tone blonde hair but it really looks great with a smokey eye! I wish I could find a dupe or Mac could create a color similar as its expensive to keep buying these LE's! I have re bought many times and will stock up as long as I can! Side Note: I have swatched both this color and fashion mews and they seem to be almost identical so either would work!

on 7/12/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was immediatedly interested in the colour when I opened up this lipstick that I received from a friend for my birthday recently. I'm not far from Nicki Minaj's skin tone but I find that this colour is quite intimidating to wear alone and I am a lipstick daredevil. I find that it goes on a little chalky unless I blot my lips extremely lightly with Up The Amp first, then going over it with a thicker coat of Nicki II and then lightly blotting with tissue. The end result of the combination I use is beautiful, though, and I love pairing it with a thin cat-eye. The pigmentation is good and I find a little goes a long way with this product.