Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Lotion - Deep Glow

No Image

on 5/9/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I am naturally tan, but wanted to cover up strawberry legs from dark leg hair and old razor burns that wont go away. One layer of this goldish tint on my legs, and all that gets covered up beautifully. I am left with flawless legs. Even if I have tiny baby hairs growing but too lazy to shave them, I can easily cover up the hairs with this product.

It doesnt streak,nor does it smear onto my clothes. And it doesnt come off with just water. (But if you did want to take it off, u can do easily with soap+water).

I just ran out, but am definitely making a trip to the store tomorrow to buy some more!

on 5/3/2015 9:53:00 PM

Although I purchased the Medium color, I agree with all the other reviewers.This product makes for a gorgeous, realistic-looking "tan". I plan to use the Medium color throughout the spring and switch over to a darker shade once summer is here.

Cannot believe how fantastic this economical, non-high-end product works! Try it - you will not be disappointed!

on 4/26/2015 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm a fool...really...I am. I went to Target in the last few weeks of its existence here in Canada, and bought a Sonia Kashuk Creme bronzer (I have a review on that also) for an incredibly cheap price. After a while of using this, I feel in love. Went back...and they were all sold out. I wandered around Target for about an hour, trying to find the SK bronzer; "Hey!" I thought, "maybe someone left it where it's not supposed to be and I can find it!"
It was like a grown up, makeup-addicts hunt. To cut the story short, I didn't find any SK bronzers, but I DID find this Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs lotion for only $3. I swatched it on the back of my hand, and it was love at first swatch.
Now I will say that I don't just use this for my legs, but also on my arms, chest and predominately on my face; after a long time of searching for a reasonably priced cream bronzer, I feel like this is the best product I've found.

Cons: NONE!!

Pros:
1) Colour: Beautiful. Brown. Tan. Rich.Matte. I love how Sally Hansen has created an array of colours all of which will not make you look like a creamsicle or cheeto. This product is for fair or deep skinned beauties, not necessarily this colour specifically, but it comes in 4 shades.....I will say thought that I am only a NC25 and I can use the deepest colour when I sheer it out properly. Which leads me to my next point...

2)Application: the application of this is smooth and not streaky at all. I often mix it in with fragrance oils or lotions to make my moisturising routine and tanning routine come together (I'm just lazy...and here I'm killing two birds with one stone). The colour is always even, the squeeze bottle makes it easy for me to dispense the perfect amount of product and extra product does not catch onto my knees, elbows, etc.

3) Formula: The formula is perfect. It really IS waterproof and it dries very quickly, which prevents you from having to do that awkward thing when you've applied self-tanner and you're trapped in the bathroom and you can't even sit down to read your new magazine or book, etc...we've all been there.

4) Price: Like I said, I mostly use this on my face and I only have to use a pea sized amount for bronzing. I was lucky to find this for only $3 CAD but regularly it's $14..some might find that pricey, but keep in mind that you don't need much to get some colour on the skin.

How I use this: after I'm done applying foundation, I take a pea sized amount on the back of my hand and use a stippling brush to warm up my face/use like I would a bronzer (hair-line, cheeks/hollows of cheeks, forehead, chin and jaw). This "bronzer" last alllll day! Seriously...my foundation will have come off, but not this stuff. It's incredible.

Overall: I can't see anyone who would be disappointed with this product, especially if you're someone who likes to self-tan, or simply need to even your skintone and add depth to the skin. Summer is coming up, and I think this would be a great product for all you girls (and guys) who want to cheat a sun-kissed glow.
Oh! And if you're looking for a cream bronzer, this is even better. I would love to use an actual cream bronzer, but they all stink (and there's no way I'm spending $50 on a Chanel bronzer); this is a great alternative, maybe even better the the actual bronzers.

on 5/11/2014 2:18:00 PM

A must have for me!! Clean blend able long lasting, love love Love this!

OBSESSED! I have been using Lorac Tantalizer for years and ran out before I had to go to a function. I didn't have time to go to a specialty store to grab it so I ran to the drugstore to see if I could find something. I was skeptical it would look good so I bought a pair of pantyhose (ew) just in case.
This stuff is perfection! At first when you put it on you get a little scared, but after you rub it in for just a minute it gives you a perfect, real looking, matte tanned skin tone. It also covers all those imperfections and hides those nasty shave bumps that you sometimes get on your ankles. It stays on all night, doesn't come off on your clothes and comes off pretty easily with soap/water. The price may seem high to some but you don't need to use that much. I would say a tube lasts 12-15 applications.

on 3/15/2013 2:48:00 PM

This is the very first review I have ever been inclined to submit. OMG! I have found my HG of fake tan/leg makeup. I found this at Target just by chance. I am fair skinned during the off season, but tan a reddish/gold. I have used the airbrush legs spray in deep which matches beautifully to my skin in the summer. At first, when I opened the lotion, I was a little concerned, because it seem very orange. Once I spread it on, it blended in effortlessly, acting like a "stain". There is no need to apply any type of body powder to set this as I have felt the need to do with others. There isn't even a strong scent to this - I am quite sensitive so that is a plus! I will say that it will "stain" your hands so have a wipe ready. There also hasn't been any transfer to my clothes, but the real test will be when it is humid. I have used the spray form on other parts of my body - mainly because there is no shimmer/glitter in the deep color so I plan to do the same with this. I love a sheen, but not a fan of a glittered skin on myself. Overall - I love this product! I don't usually stock up on one product, but I plan to with this one.

on 2/17/2013 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Surprisingly, I saw this product on the clearance rack at TJ Maxx. For $2.99 how could I pass this by--especially since I hoard fake tan--I figured this may be worth the try--even if it is leg makeup.
I wasn't expecting much but WOW!!! I followed the directions and carefully sprayed my legs and feet. I was able to blend (in a circular motion) evenly and waited the minute or so before getting dressed. My legs look great. Listen--if you cannot stand to wear *Ugh* pantyhose and don't like the scent of many fake tanners, this could be your saving grace. Oh..I purchased the medium and on my fish-belly-white legs..it looks fantastic and it hides those spider veins. I'm running to TJ's to see if the last two cannisters are still there. OMG--I hope this stuff is not discontinued by Sally Hansen!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love!!! It did not transfer off. It takes a little practice to perfect the application. I used the light and it blends well into my pasty skin. No glitter, just a nice matte color.

on 2/11/2013 11:39:00 AM

For reference I'm NC 30 - 35, golden olive/neutral tones, and do not tan so I rely on tanners & bronzers for my summer "tan".

I've been using the Sally Hansen airbrush legs spray version since it came out, love it except the mess of fine mist.. so when I saw the lotion version I snapped it up.
Lotion comes in a thin tube, and is rather expensive for the amount. (12.00 - 14.50 US/4 oz). Comes in 4 shades, all of which appear to be matte, neutral tones of tan. The finish of the lotion is far more realistic than the spray version, not as foundation-y. The lotion is surprisingly pigmented yet somehow sheer enough to show skin. I mix a thin dime size with a few pumps of lotion for each limb. The color set and lasted through the entire day including a fitness class and I got several compliments on my "tan" and skintone the first day I wore this. Came off with a sponge and soap in the shower.
Definitely a spring & summer staple.

Ingredients:
AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TALC, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, TRIBEHENIN, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, BISPEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, PANTHENOL, SILICA SILYLATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GLUCONOLACTONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SALVIA OFFICINALIS (SAGE) LEAF EXTRACT, SALVIA OFFICINALIS (SAGE) OIL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SORBIC ACID, GLYCERIN, SODIUM BENZOATE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, SILICA, CALCIUM GLUCONATE, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, PALMARIA PALMATA EXTRACT, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), MICA].