Stila Color Balm Lipsticks (All)

Stila Color Balm Lipsticks (All)

3.9

on 6/23/2017 5:00:00 AM

Mine comes in the new gold packaging and the color I ordered off Beautybay was Sadie. I have to admit, I ordered it for the color alone, the swatches just looked like my type of color, but when I got to try it in person as I was even more pleased with it. Sadie is a beautiful nude pink peachy brown that would flatter most fair complexions. It`s minty and cooling on the lips, has decent pigmentation and hydration, but unfortunately still seems to dry up on lips more than you would expect during the day. This could be due to the fach that it`s a finish between matte and glossy, but yeah, unless your lips are in great shape, this tends to pill and crumb up during the day. Love the color, and would only repurchase if Stila worked out the issues with this,

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have Bridgette and Vivienne and the Matte (longer lasting) ones,I love it and the minted taste and vanilla smell. Sephora has great stuff, but I baught this one online, MUFE (make up for ever, Stila, Bobbie Brown, Tarte, Clinique, MAC, Urban Decay,Citylips (online only) GeneScene, (also online) and especially Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals are the high-end best for the lipsticks and lipglosses.Great formula. Great materialistic stuff and Ilove the package. Professiona stuff, I can't compare. I miss those slim Stila silver-gray lipsticks.

MEG - rather on the pale side for me. Possibly a day lipstick. So many nude lipsticks and this isn't anything special. Its nothing more than one can find in any high street chemist.
Its nice but not that nice.
Olivia is better, it has a definite color and effect but this rather washed my complexion out.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think those who have 'older lips' like I do (I am 45 yrs old) would appreciate these (although, as with any thing, not all older gals..) more than the younger gals (although, again, younger gals may very well and likely do enjoy these!!). Just..I think if I were to 'recommend' these to someone, it would be the older gals like myself.

These smooth out the tiny lines in my lips and make my lips look 'younger'. As some reviewers have noted, there is a tingling sensation with these. I did not detect it with the first one that I bought, but I now detect it, so it may or may not be all the shades that have that 'tingling' mint sensation, and some may like it, some may not. I am not a fan of the tingling sensation, but the colors, formula, performance and how these look from when first applied to when they wear off some 3 to 4 hours later, I can overlook the tingling/mint sensation (I am one who is not a fan of the mint/tingling sensation..did I mention that..? LOL.. ;) ).

The cap on these is easy to remove and does not come off easily, which is appreciated. Why in the year 2016 are there lip products whose caps always want to fall off or you practically need a screwdriver to open..?? lol Anyhow, I like the packaging, if a bit 'chubby'. I do not think this is a lip product I would travel with nor keep in my purse, as it just seems/feels 'chubby' to me. Which is a pity, because I really do like the product. But that trivial complaint did not factor into my rating, but just wanted to mention it, as others may also not like 'chubby' lip products.

Most of the shades seem very natural/neutral. I do wish they would come up with more warm and cool tones. Many of these shades to me do not look that terribly different once applied, and I am not dark complected (NC20).

But they are all very pretty, natural, flattering shades that I think many skin tones could wear. Just makes the lips look soft and feel comfortable. Not a ton of pigmentation, but nice enough to make you look and feel 'pulled together'. I think these also would look nice with a variety of makeup looks, from natural, everyday, to pairing with a smokey eye look. Not sticky tacky or gummy feeling.

on 8/23/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love the creamy and moisturizing texture of the colour lip balm. I have the colour Vivienne and there is a slight smell and tingling sensation of mint, which I don't really mind. Colour shows up well and has an almost-matte finish. Won't be repurchasing because of the insane price! I bought it on a whim for almost $30, yikes.

on 10/8/2016 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was given Stila Balm in Gemma as gift.

The color is beautiful and the product has a minty feel. My only complaint is that it pills up during the day and I feel like I have sand on my lips.

I would not purchase.

on 2/18/2015 9:22:00 AM

I have 3 of these--Sheri, Maya and Evangeline. Evangeline and Maya are very similar neutral terracotta colors, but Evangeline has some rose in it. Both are beautiful. Sheri is a dark berry color that looks slightly vampy on me, but just slightly (N/NW 10-15). They are comfortable on the lips, they stay on for 4-5 hours, and I enjoy the peppermint scent. The mirrored cap makes them ideal for my purse.

Got this as a sample in vivienne. In the package it looks like a light rosy pink but on my lips it turned sorta orangish?? Plus it was really really dry :(

on 9/23/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have these in the colors Betsey (hot pink), Elle (watermelon coral), and Avery (peachy coral). I absolutely love these! At first I was hesitant about the durability because they are a balm, but I have been able to get a good 6 hours in on these including eating and drinking with minimal color fade. I haven't noticed the mint smell nor have I experienced any tingling upon application. Although this could be due to the fact that I've used a lot of mint Burt's Bees lip balm in my time and I may have just grown accustomed. I wouldn't say they're drying, but they do set to a pretty matte finish which can feel dry. I've tried these both with and without lip balm underneath to see if that made any difference with the dry feeling. I found that the pigmentation is a lot better without lip balm underneath, but applying a thin layer of lip balm helped a lot with the dryness and gave it a more smooth application with a semi-glossy finish. The diameter of the balm is quite a bit larger than your typical lipstick, close to that of a quarter. I was worried that this would make application messy and difficult, but it hasn't caused me any problems. Overall, a surprisingly nice addition to my collection, albeit on the pricey side.

on 2/26/2015 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick color was absolutely gorgeous, it has the most mild tingle when applying, I think this is the minty balm component however it didn't go on as smooth as the smashbox lippy. I recommend using a balm first before applying this lippy.