NARS Dressed to Kill

3.6

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have not owned many NARS lipsticks thru the years (swear by the blush and bronzers though)...I was given this l/s as a gift prior to my wedding a few years back to consider for my wedding day lip color...i ended up going with another color and this tube got tossed in my train case. I FINALLY (2 years later!) pulled this little gem out and gave it a try...WOW! It is such a beautiful shade of Raspberry-ish deep pinky red with a little bit of sparkle...I am disappointed in myself that it took this long to actually wear it! (I am on NC30/25 for reference.) It is a tad drying, but I just slather on some of my eos balm prior to applying and I am good to go. Thumbs up!

This is a lovely raspberry red lipstick infused with gold shimmer. However, it is a little bit dry compared to the other Nars lipsticks, several of which I love (Afghan Red, Damage, Gypsy, Flamingo). After a few hours I find my lips are parched. The color pay off isn't that great, as I need to reapply every 2 hours or so. Nonetheless, the color is beautiful & I will continue to use itbecause of its beauty. But the evening after, you will need a lip balm to rehydrate. Buy it again? Probably not due to the dry feeling afterwards which I think comes from the glitter in the formula.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am a big fan of Nars l/s in general. I probably have most of them. In general, I find the formula to be comfortable and long lasting. I find them to be reasonably moisturizing but I have started to add a lip balm under the l/s when the weather is chilly. This l/s is no exception. Good quality lipstick that has no fragrance to my nose. On me, this color is a deep berry with gold flakes and it is opaque even on my pigmented lips. I do not get any coral undertones but the gold flakes do warm the color up a bit. The glitter does make the texture a bit gritty, very similar in texture to Nars Beautiful Liar l/s. I do not really care for the gold flakes (especially during office hours) but I do like the berry color, so I have been wearing this lippy with a cream (non-sparkly) l/g to tone down the glitter. While I do not care for the gold shimmer I do like that they do not travel all over your face, but stay on the lips. I like this color but will be keeping it for evening or wearing it with a gloss to tone it down. Due to its lack of versatility I will not be repurchasing this l/s.

Dressed to Kill is part of the Nars Spring 2013 collection and is described as fuschia with gold shimmer which is completely accurate. As with all Nars Satin l/s, it's absolutely necessary to prime with a good lipbalm to give it some slip, and even more so with the shimmer making Dressed to Kill a bit gritty.

The shade itself is extremely pretty but wears off rather quickly, leaving you with only the (big) gold shimmer particles and since reapplying takes a bit of work, this is a bit of a PITA. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

New for Spring 2013, this is a deep rose with golden shimmer. The shade has a lovely "warm" quality that makes it a nice Spring shade as well as a more Autumnal one.
I do not find the shimmer to be gritty or frosty: it just adds a bit of a spark.
I would call this Flair's warm-toned sister!

Popular Lipsticks