Caudalie Huile Divine

Caudalie Huile Divine
Huile Divine

This oil is 1 level higher than the onse from Nuxe. It is a bit thicker, but however stays non-greasy. The scent is more discrete too. The effect on the face is nearly the same as Nuxe, but this one doesn't cause any breakouts on my face. I like to use it as a body oil, facial treatment at night and as a massage oil for the face. I love it that it stays greasy while working it on the skin, but absorbs very quickly once left alone. I like it best for a facial massage at night. After cleansing and scrubbing I take a few drops and massage my face with it for about 10 minutes. I take the oil of with a warm damp cloth and apply toner, serum and nightcream OR I leave it on and use it as a night treatment. The next morning my skin feels like silk, skintone is even, all redness is gone and fine lines are plumped. The effect is the same as an expensive spa treatment. I discovered that at the Caudalie Spa they use the same method.

The Caudalie Divine Grape Oil a great product to use for moisturizing all over if you don't mind the heavy scent that is included in the forms of linalool, citronelloil I didn't like how the scent didn't dissipate much after application. I ended up using this mostly on my legs and hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Overpriced grapeseed oil. At first it smells pretty but soon afterwards it's like the fragrance and the oil turns and all I can smell is slightly rancid grapeseed oil. Packaging is hard to handle without it slipping out of my hands.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ran out of Argan Oil (Timeless) and happened to see this at the store so I thought I'd give it a go. I used up the entire bottle using most often after showering before towel drying and mixing a few sprays with my beloved CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion (used on body only) which is also how I use the argan oil. In terms of added moisture this performs as well as the argan oil as I stayed nice and moist shower to shower. I'm not one to use perfume so I actually enjoyed the fragrance of Caudalie and found I looked forward to using it. The packaging is beautiful and looks nice sitting on the counter. I did drop it once and feared it would break, thankfully it survived the fall which both shocked and pleased me. I'm not sure I will repurchase as it is quite expensive and I'm not able to use if on my face as I am the argan oil. Perhaps on occasion as a special treat. For reference my skin is quite dry and I currently live in a very dry climate.
8/28/2017 Adding, so I ordered another bottle today, just can't stand being without it. After using my argan oil for the last several weeks I've noticed my skin and nails aren't nearly as moist as when using the Caudalie. I'm in love with this product, simple as that!

I love Caudalie, so was very happy to try this oil (as it seems to be their best-seller). Now I have quite dry skin/hair etc. and this product seemed quite appealing to me, because you can basically apply it everywhere you want to.

So I tried to use it in different ways and must say that it is indeed a wonderful, dry oil. It gets absorbed in a matter of seconds and doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky/greasy. My only complaint is the scent; it is far too strong and does linger for quite a while, so make sure you try this oil at the store before buying so to see if you like how it smells or not. I am now used to it and must admit that my favourite way to use it is actually on the mid-ends of my hair. I style my hair a lot, so it helps to nourish them a bit and prevent breakage. You can read more about this oil on my blog ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2016/12/12/Perfect-Holiday-Body-feat-Caudalie ), to sum it up - this is a lovely product and it is certainly of a very good quality. But the scent might be a deal-breaker.

on 10/23/2016 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I know this is said it's good to be used for hair, face, and body but I only use this on my hair.

My skin hates oils with a passion for some reason so I wasn't even tempted to try it on my skin.

However this is brilliant for my hair. I've used it on both damp hair and on dry hair and it always leaves it soft and manageable, with good slip but no greasy residue and weighing it down.

I do have thick, unruly, curly-wurly hair which is sometimes frizzy. I don't really use heat, except maybe straightening it once after I wash it. Sometimes I straighten it, but mostly I don't.

When I use this on damp hair, I don't use heat. I just let it sink it and it does a good job at keeping the frizz down and leaves my hair a lot more manageable.
I use this on dry hair after straightening it and it doesn't leave any greasiness and makes my hair even softer.

Has a nice, pleasant scent (which kind of makes me question how good it would be for your skin, especially sensitive types like mine).
Might seem pricey, but it does tend to last a long time, since you only need to use so little.

on 7/3/2016 6:02:00 AM

I have had this oil for a while and I didn't know what to do with it. I have used it on my hair but it makes my hair look too greasy. I tried it on my face but it was too heavy for my skin. I started using it after the shower on my arms, chest, and legs and ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! I use this after I use an oil based shower cleanser and exfoliator. My skin feels very smooth and incredibly soft. A little goes a long way. I like that it's in a spray bottle and the smell is very subtle and nice. I really like this product.

on 7/31/2016 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Firstly, I love the smell, it's a heady, sensual scent - a warm floral with hints of musk but not overwhelmingly so. It vaguely reminds me of Kerastase K Ultime but rosier (Bulgarian/Morrocan rose?). Maybe it's the argan oil factor. It comes in a spray glass bottle which not only looks good on your bathroom counter or dresser, but is convenient because you're unlikely to overdo it as opposed to a pump dispenser or screw top.

It's touted as a multi tasking oil for body, face and hair, which makes it convenient for me to take it on my travels. I found it a little heavy for my hair (still prefer K Ultime for this) and while I can't vouch for the face, it does a wonderful job of moisturizing the skin after a shower as it absorbs very quickly to a dry down finish without feeling greasy on the skin. The only thing stopping me from making this my primary body moisturizer is because I live in humid Malaysia and prefer whipped lotions/creams, but otherwise, thumbs up for this lovely product!

on 10/22/2016 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Sorry, but I'm about to be the downer on this one. This stuff is sheer and utter garbage. It's a classic example of how beauty products can be full of chemicals and artificial fragrance, packaged in a fancy bottle and sold for a ridiculous price.

First of all, lets talk about the ingredients:

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Isoamyl Cocoate*, Coco-Caprylate*, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Seed Oil*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Tocopherol*, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Citric Acid*, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol. 2008/107/084. *Plant origin.

Half of this list is chemical. Any fragrance attributed to this product is a chemical one, it is in no way due to the natural oils used.

I would NEVER put this near my face. I got it for free in a large sample from Sephora and after using it I had to google the ingredients because what I thought was a luxurious natural oil blend smelled like some cheap L'Oreal chemical garbage.

Caudalie tests on animals. If you have any issues with ethical, social and environmental responsibility, this brand isn't for you.

Results? I felt like I was slathering myself in cheap perfume. I used it in my hair and it was awful, I think it dried it out and made the frizziness factor worse.

Yes my review is horrible, but if I can save one person from wasting their hard-earned money on this it's well worth the 5 minutes it took me to write this.

If you want to use oils that are actually properly processed to preserve their benefit and perform, buy from a reputable company like Mountain Rose Herbs, Shea Terra Organics or Garden of Wisdom. Or check out The Honest Company Organic Body Oil if you want something truly nourishing with quality ingredients.

It comes in quite a reasonable price for this oil which is multi-purpose whereby you can use it on hair, face or body to keep the frizziness and dryness on bay. It comes in a classy glass bottle with a spray which is very convenient and easy to use as it does not actually spray, but it comes out in a tiny drop which in my opinion, two drops are more than enough to use on my hair before straightening. Love this product as it is made in France and cannot be found in Malaysia unless you buy it online. I am not a big fans for its scent, as it has exactly the same smell like Redken Diamond Oil which, again, is a good quality hair oil and worth for the price paid.

It mainly contains grapeseed oil, sesame oil (which is widely use in hair oil manufactured in Japan, which I believe it has the benefit of darkening and strengthening hair follicles), shea butter (seals hair cuticles and gives extra moist and prevent dryness), sunflower oil, argan oil, hibiscus oil (which are commonly found in other brands of hair serum/oil and they are well-known for calming frizz, keep hair moisturised and have plenty of acid amino to keep hair in healthy condition, like prevent split end, roughness and puffness) and with other vegetable based ingredients.

I just need 2 drops everyday to keep my hair presentable and the effect after straightening with a flat iron, it almost has zero frizz and it maintains its "good behaviour" for 1 day. I shampoo my hair everyday and this is my daily routine to keep my hair straight and sleek. 125ml will surely last for months and worth for every penny paid.