Caudalie Huile Divine

Caudalie Huile Divine
Huile Divine

4.1

I love Caudalie, so was very happy to try this oil (as it seems to be their best-seller). Now I have quite dry skin/hair etc. and this product seemed quite appealing to me, because you can basically apply it everywhere you want to.

So I tried to use it in different ways and must say that it is indeed a wonderful, dry oil. It gets absorbed in a matter of seconds and doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky/greasy. My only complaint is the scent; it is far too strong and does linger for quite a while, so make sure you try this oil at the store before buying so to see if you like how it smells or not. I am now used to it and must admit that my favourite way to use it is actually on the mid-ends of my hair. I style my hair a lot, so it helps to nourish them a bit and prevent breakage. You can read more about this oil on my blog ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2016/12/12/Perfect-Holiday-Body-feat-Caudalie ), to sum it up - this is a lovely product and it is certainly of a very good quality. But the scent might be a deal-breaker.

on 10/23/2016 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I know this is said it's good to be used for hair, face, and body but I only use this on my hair.

My skin hates oils with a passion for some reason so I wasn't even tempted to try it on my skin.

However this is brilliant for my hair. I've used it on both damp hair and on dry hair and it always leaves it soft and manageable, with good slip but no greasy residue and weighing it down.

I do have thick, unruly, curly-wurly hair which is sometimes frizzy. I don't really use heat, except maybe straightening it once after I wash it. Sometimes I straighten it, but mostly I don't.

When I use this on damp hair, I don't use heat. I just let it sink it and it does a good job at keeping the frizz down and leaves my hair a lot more manageable.
I use this on dry hair after straightening it and it doesn't leave any greasiness and makes my hair even softer.

Has a nice, pleasant scent (which kind of makes me question how good it would be for your skin, especially sensitive types like mine).
Might seem pricey, but it does tend to last a long time, since you only need to use so little.

on 10/22/2016 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Sorry, but I'm about to be the downer on this one. This stuff is sheer and utter garbage. It's a classic example of how beauty products can be full of chemicals and artificial fragrance, packaged in a fancy bottle and sold for a ridiculous price.

First of all, lets talk about the ingredients:

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Isoamyl Cocoate*, Coco-Caprylate*, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Seed Oil*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Tocopherol*, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Citric Acid*, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol. 2008/107/084. *Plant origin.

Half of this list is chemical. Any fragrance attributed to this product is a chemical one, it is in no way due to the natural oils used.

I would NEVER put this near my face. I got it for free in a large sample from Sephora and after using it I had to google the ingredients because what I thought was a luxurious natural oil blend smelled like some cheap L'Oreal chemical garbage.

Caudalie tests on animals. If you have any issues with ethical, social and environmental responsibility, this brand isn't for you.

Results? I felt like I was slathering myself in cheap perfume. I used it in my hair and it was awful, I think it dried it out and made the frizziness factor worse.

Yes my review is horrible, but if I can save one person from wasting their hard-earned money on this it's well worth the 5 minutes it took me to write this.

If you want to use oils that are actually properly processed to preserve their benefit and perform, buy from a reputable company like Mountain Rose Herbs, Shea Terra Organics or Garden of Wisdom. Or check out The Honest Company Organic Body Oil if you want something truly nourishing with quality ingredients.

on 7/31/2016 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Firstly, I love the smell, it's a heady, sensual scent - a warm floral with hints of musk but not overwhelmingly so. It vaguely reminds me of Kerastase K Ultime but rosier (Bulgarian/Morrocan rose?). Maybe it's the argan oil factor. It comes in a spray glass bottle which not only looks good on your bathroom counter or dresser, but is convenient because you're unlikely to overdo it as opposed to a pump dispenser or screw top.

It's touted as a multi tasking oil for body, face and hair, which makes it convenient for me to take it on my travels. I found it a little heavy for my hair (still prefer K Ultime for this) and while I can't vouch for the face, it does a wonderful job of moisturizing the skin after a shower as it absorbs very quickly to a dry down finish without feeling greasy on the skin. The only thing stopping me from making this my primary body moisturizer is because I live in humid Malaysia and prefer whipped lotions/creams, but otherwise, thumbs up for this lovely product!

on 7/3/2016 6:02:00 AM

I have had this oil for a while and I didn't know what to do with it. I have used it on my hair but it makes my hair look too greasy. I tried it on my face but it was too heavy for my skin. I started using it after the shower on my arms, chest, and legs and ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! I use this after I use an oil based shower cleanser and exfoliator. My skin feels very smooth and incredibly soft. A little goes a long way. I like that it's in a spray bottle and the smell is very subtle and nice. I really like this product.

It comes in quite a reasonable price for this oil which is multi-purpose whereby you can use it on hair, face or body to keep the frizziness and dryness on bay. It comes in a classy glass bottle with a spray which is very convenient and easy to use as it does not actually spray, but it comes out in a tiny drop which in my opinion, two drops are more than enough to use on my hair before straightening. Love this product as it is made in France and cannot be found in Malaysia unless you buy it online. I am not a big fans for its scent, as it has exactly the same smell like Redken Diamond Oil which, again, is a good quality hair oil and worth for the price paid.

It mainly contains grapeseed oil, sesame oil (which is widely use in hair oil manufactured in Japan, which I believe it has the benefit of darkening and strengthening hair follicles), shea butter (seals hair cuticles and gives extra moist and prevent dryness), sunflower oil, argan oil, hibiscus oil (which are commonly found in other brands of hair serum/oil and they are well-known for calming frizz, keep hair moisturised and have plenty of acid amino to keep hair in healthy condition, like prevent split end, roughness and puffness) and with other vegetable based ingredients.

I just need 2 drops everyday to keep my hair presentable and the effect after straightening with a flat iron, it almost has zero frizz and it maintains its "good behaviour" for 1 day. I shampoo my hair everyday and this is my daily routine to keep my hair straight and sleek. 125ml will surely last for months and worth for every penny paid.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Oh-my-God DONT EVER DISCONTINUE THIS!!! I adore it, this oil smells heavenly divine (as the name suggest). For me, this beats Nuxe's Huile Prodigieuse BY MILES. It dries very quickly, but the scent lingers soo long on the skin. Not to mention my skin is silky smooth for hours afterwards. Perfect in every season. There are not enough good words I can say about this. I'll probably buy this for the rest of my life.

P.S. Does anyone else have problems with the cap? Mine fell off immediately after I received it.

on 1/18/2016 8:22:00 PM

Pro:

SMELLS IS WONDERFUL compared to other oils, though it smells like perfume
Good packaging
Versatile usage

Con:

Smell is too strong... though but its not a bad smell

I know of some reviews that raved about the scent of this body oil, and of some reviews that bashed the scent. I was somewhere in between. While I was not repulsed by the scent, I was not blown away by it either. At first, I was struck by its heady, luxurious, scent. However, afterwards I found it to be overpowering and rather unpleasant. Its initial, top note, scents are nice; however, its bottom notes are not nice. I would apply to damp skin after showering, and towel off. I found that afterwards my towel had the lingering scents of the unpleasant bottom notes of the oil. I had tried it on my hair too, but I found that it did not absorb well in my hair and would leave it oily. Another thing I found was that texture of the oil was kind of grainy, rough, and irritating to the skin. Therefore, I was not interested in trying it on my face. Beauty product review site, paulaschoice.com might conclude that it is because of the (aging) fragrances in the oil. Whatever the reason for its irritating texture, I did not enjoy applying it to my (body) skin (although, applying it to my skin right after showering helped to alleviate the irritation). I had the small, deluxe, size bottle and I really was keen on finishing it rather than throwing it away. I most definitely will not be repurchasing. I am also slowly becoming dismayed by the Caudalie brand. This is another product by this brand that has disappointed me.

on 10/26/2015 5:53:00 PM

Very nice indeed. To me this oil is better than the L'occitane Almond Body Oil because it absorbers quicker and costs a bit less, it is also available in 50ml or 100ml volume or even smaller if you buy a travel set.