Caudalie Huile Divine

Caudalie Huile Divine

4.1

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Isoamyl Cocoate*, Coco-Caprylate*, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Seed Oil*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Tocopherol*, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Citric Acid*, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol.

on 7/3/2016 6:02:00 AM

I have had this oil for a while and I didn't know what to do with it. I have used it on my hair but it makes my hair look too greasy. I tried it on my face but it was too heavy for my skin. I started using it after the shower on my arms, chest, and legs and ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! I use this after I use an oil based shower cleanser and exfoliator. My skin feels very smooth and incredibly soft. A little goes a long way. I like that it's in a spray bottle and the smell is very subtle and nice. I really like this product.

It comes in quite a reasonable price for this oil which is multi-purpose whereby you can use it on hair, face or body to keep the frizziness and dryness on bay. It comes in a classy glass bottle with a spray which is very convenient and easy to use as it does not actually spray, but it comes out in a tiny drop which in my opinion, two drops are more than enough to use on my hair before straightening. Love this product as it is made in France and cannot be found in Malaysia unless you buy it online. I am not a big fans for its scent, as it has exactly the same smell like Redken Diamond Oil which, again, is a good quality hair oil and worth for the price paid.

It mainly contains grapeseed oil, sesame oil (which is widely use in hair oil manufactured in Japan, which I believe it has the benefit of darkening and strengthening hair follicles), shea butter (seals hair cuticles and gives extra moist and prevent dryness), sunflower oil, argan oil, hibiscus oil (which are commonly found in other brands of hair serum/oil and they are well-known for calming frizz, keep hair moisturised and have plenty of acid amino to keep hair in healthy condition, like prevent split end, roughness and puffness) and with other vegetable based ingredients.

I just need 2 drops everyday to keep my hair presentable and the effect after straightening with a flat iron, it almost has zero frizz and it maintains its "good behaviour" for 1 day. I shampoo my hair everyday and this is my daily routine to keep my hair straight and sleek. 125ml will surely last for months and worth for every penny paid.

To Read all 57 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Oh-my-God DONT EVER DISCONTINUE THIS!!! I adore it, this oil smells heavenly divine (as the name suggest). For me, this beats Nuxe's Huile Prodigieuse BY MILES. It dries very quickly, but the scent lingers soo long on the skin. Not to mention my skin is silky smooth for hours afterwards. Perfect in every season. There are not enough good words I can say about this. I'll probably buy this for the rest of my life.

P.S. Does anyone else have problems with the cap? Mine fell off immediately after I received it.

on 1/18/2016 8:22:00 PM

Pro:

SMELLS IS WONDERFUL compared to other oils, though it smells like perfume
Good packaging
Versatile usage

Con:

Smell is too strong... though but its not a bad smell

I know of some reviews that raved about the scent of this body oil, and of some reviews that bashed the scent. I was somewhere in between. While I was not repulsed by the scent, I was not blown away by it either. At first, I was struck by its heady, luxurious, scent. However, afterwards I found it to be overpowering and rather unpleasant. Its initial, top note, scents are nice; however, its bottom notes are not nice. I would apply to damp skin after showering, and towel off. I found that afterwards my towel had the lingering scents of the unpleasant bottom notes of the oil. I had tried it on my hair too, but I found that it did not absorb well in my hair and would leave it oily. Another thing I found was that texture of the oil was kind of grainy, rough, and irritating to the skin. Therefore, I was not interested in trying it on my face. Beauty product review site, paulaschoice.com might conclude that it is because of the (aging) fragrances in the oil. Whatever the reason for its irritating texture, I did not enjoy applying it to my (body) skin (although, applying it to my skin right after showering helped to alleviate the irritation). I had the small, deluxe, size bottle and I really was keen on finishing it rather than throwing it away. I most definitely will not be repurchasing. I am also slowly becoming dismayed by the Caudalie brand. This is another product by this brand that has disappointed me.

on 10/26/2015 5:53:00 PM

Very nice indeed. To me this oil is better than the L'occitane Almond Body Oil because it absorbers quicker and costs a bit less, it is also available in 50ml or 100ml volume or even smaller if you buy a travel set.

I fell in love with this oil while vacationing in Paris and looking for something different. A savvy saleswoman directed me to the gift set which included the EDP. Unfortunately, neither this or the EDP last more than 1 hour no matter what I do, even layering them. I've seen similar reviews elsewhere and hope that with enough "'complaints", the company can tinker with the formula to make this fragrance last. Very disappointing so despite loving it, I will not purchase it again.

on 9/18/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Fun story: This was included in a Sephora brand 7-8-piece summer deluxe sample kit that I got online while vacationing in Australia last winter (it was summer there) but was shipped to my residence. So, I didn't get to realize the full potential of the product goodies until this summer. I got 1 oz of this product in the kit, which isn't too shabby.

The heavy, cylindrical glass (bottle? packaging? some word to give it justice) container feels luxurious to hold and looks great on a vanity. It has a soft almost musky and flowery scent to it that's not overbearing, and personally reminds me of vintage-era cinema. Definitely gives me a glow and softens my skin when I warm it up in my hands and smooth it all over my face and neck.

As pretty and glamorous as the product is, it's a little messy. There isn't a pump or a suction - it has a screw top and it pours freely from the glass bottle. Think of a beer bottle or a wine bottle. (What I like to do to is pour into my palm as much as I need, then roll the rim on my palm so my palm wipes off any extra that might drip.)

Great product, but there are definite others that do the same. I've reviewed the Palmer's Face Oil and the effect is the same - brand image is different, but the Palmer's one is lso $30 cheaper I believe. So if you want the special feel of a fancy product, go ahead and buy this. Live your life.

on 5/31/2015 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I received this in a sample size in a kit from Sephora awhile back and I have recently rediscovered it. The scent is warm and amazing, but I can't describe it. It smells and feels luxurious. I like to use this on my legs after I shower since they tend to get dry/ashy the most for whatever reason. I just use a few drops and apply, massaging it into my skin. My skin is very moisturized and lasts even throughout the following day, not to mention the sexy warm scent, too ;) the sample size was just a glass bottle with a screw off top which I didn't care for so I ended up putting this in an amber glass bottle with a pipette for easier application and you don't end up wasting product. I would probably only get this in a sample size since I feel like the regular size is pretty expensive. It lasts a long time, tho!

on 4/3/2015 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Smells great and moisturizes well. It really feels luxurious and the bottle is so pretty as well the color. It's not the most moisturizing body oil as jojoba oil can do the same, but it's nice