Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 12/29/2016 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I don't have dandruff but for 15 years I've dealt with a mysteriously itchy scalp despite my attempts at moisturizing , washing, and all the tips and tricks to alleviate it. Finally I gave this a go and i now can go up to two weeks without my scalp itching. The itch is finally gone. This product is an interesting bold shade of blue and goes from $12-$16 depending on where you purchase it. Though it does strip your hair, its nothing that a simple conditioner can't soften. I only focus on my scalp and just let the suds run through the strands. My only two issues with this product is that it burns bitterly in your eyes, and i have yet to have a session where some didn't somehow get in my eyes. You must be as thorough as possible removing any lingering product from your hair before you open your eyes. It doesn't just burn momentarily. It lingers in a way that makes me worry about long term damage. The other issue is the size for the amount i pay. I would really like this in a family size since it's now the only shampoo that i use and there just isn't a lot in this small bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I used this years ago after a doc prescribed it. It helped but over the years I've been on a natural kick. I have very curly dry bushy hair and live in a hot humid climate. As much as I would like to wash my hair only occasionally, after 2-3 days of shampooing, my scalp becomes unbearably itchy. If I scratch it, an oily substance comes off in my nail. So my scalp is oily but my hair is so dry. After trying baking soda with no success, I tried using Nizoral again and after only one use, I felt the difference. My scalp was not itchy even after 4 days and even my hair looked healthier. I guess the clearing of the scalp helps oils travel down strands better. I will continue to use it twice a week for a month and then switch to once a week.