Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.8

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 3/29/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I suffer from very nasty dandruff problem that was a source of embarrassment for me since I was a kid. Nothing and I mean NOTHING helped me reduce it. This shampoo is the only thing that has ever managed to reduce my dandruff. I tried so many things over the years with fail. Now I can go days without washing my hair and without disgusting flakes taking over my scalp. It's the best and the bottle lasts me for a whole year. I use it at least once a week to keep the dandruff away, if i skiped it for a week I start noticing the dandruff coming back. But once I am consistent on using it every week again and the dandruff disappeared totally.

on 5/13/2017 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't have dandruff or flakiness but I did have an itchy scalp from Aussie moist shampoo and conditioner ( which I still want to use because they work well for my hair and I have two enormous bottles). A single shampoo with Nizoral worked - no more itchiness. Instructions say to use this once every three or four days for no more than eight weeks or as needed. I used it one more time to be sure, and then put it away for the next time this happens. I used a very small amount. Very happy to have this in the arsenal. I also read reviews below that seemed to indicate less hair shedding with this. Since I shed a lot, that would be a great plus.

Nizoral was more gentle and less drying than some clarifying shampoos I have used (Suave, Neutragena, organix coconut) and even though I decided not to use conditioner afterwards, my hair wasn't straw like. It felt clean and healthy, not weighed down, but not squeaky stripped either. Slightly more volume, so I assume Nizoral roughed up the hair shaft a bit. For reference, I have Asian normal hair, tending a bit towards oily, that is dyed from a nice n easy box, no other issues. Nizoral brought my hair and scalp back to normal, like a reset button. It has not oxidized or stripped my color.

Note: I got some on my forehead and it dried my combination skin, tending towards dry, out a bit (I noticed that some reviews below successfully use it as a facial or body cleanser) but it did not dry out my hair. I am prone to milia and hives and this did not irritate. Also, it does not have an objectionable or strong scent. A generic drug store shampoo (Aussie moist) and a clarifier (Neutragena) are far more obnoxiously scented. If I could give this product more than five stars for its swift efficacy and pleasant application, I would.

on 3/12/2015 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product because I was losing a lot of hair and had excess sebum and Head and Shoulders didn't work. I used it as directed and now my hair and scalp aren't as bad. I only use it now when I notice my scalp is producing more sebum. I would say that it does dry out my hair so I only use it on my scalp. Also, because it doesn't lather I have to use more product so only using it on the scalp helps reduce product use. I would recommend this product to folks who feel Head and Shoulders and Selsum Blue didn't work for them.

I bought this product because I felt like my hair was shedding more than usual and it was freaking me out. I now use this product once a week and have noticed a dramatic decrease in the shedding. I feel like around 50 hairs used to come out in the comb when I combed my hair after the shower and now I get like 10 or 15. It does leave your hair a little bit dry but I believe this product really helps to stop the shedding.

on 2/24/2014 2:09:00 PM

The only that helps control my Seborrheic Dermatitis

on 4/3/2012 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff works!! In fact it is the ONLY thing that has worked for my dry flakes and itchy scalp. For some reason at the end of last summer I started noticing flakes in my hair and that my scalp was dry and itchy. It gradually got to the point where I had these scabby spots of dead skin on my scalp and when I scratched them more flakes would come off. It was horrible.

So I tried Head and Shoulders Dandruff Shampoo for Dry Scalp and it made my thin, fine hair SO greasy and disgusting it was as if I had washed my hair with butter. I even tried to use a clarifying shampoo before each use and it still made my hair feel beyond gross. I also tried Garnier Fructis Dandruff Shampoo and it also made my hair greasy and weighed it down and yet did absolutely nothing for the flakes. Then I tried Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo and although it smelled great and was sulfate free, it dried out my hair and, again, did not help the flakes.

So after reading all the great reviews about Nizoral on MU I decided to give it a go despite it being a bit pricey. I followed the directions and used it every 4 days. Within two weeks the flakes were GONE, the itchiness was gone and two months later neither have returned! It also didn't make my hair greasy at all. It was drying, but not that much more than the tea tree oil shampoo and since you are not supposed to use it every day it wasn't a big deal. I am sooo happy to finally be flake free after all this time and this shampoo has definitely reached HG status with me. Absolutely worth the price.

on 7/21/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I don't know what was going on with my scalp but out of no where it started to flake, peel, itch and my scalp was so sore I didn't even want to comb my hair. This went on for weeks. Finally, out of desperation I started searching online for a cure and of course I consulted my trusty MakeupAlley and came across Nizoral. No word of a lie, I've used it 2x now and my scalp is healed. Absolutely no flakes, no itching and I can comb my hair again without fear. I Absolutely would buy this again without hesitation!

on 12/6/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have thick, dry hair that can't be washed more than once a week, but lately I had to wash it every three to four days at the minimum because of the itch and dandruff even right after washing. I used this shampoo once five days ago and I noticed the dandruff improved right away. There was NO dandruff or itching the first couple of days and at this five day mark I am noticing VERY little to no dandruff, and my scalp still feel fresh. I noticed that this shampoo mixes very well with my conditioner (Herbal Essences Hydralicious) and it left my hair nicely detangled. For people with thick hair like mine, its important to find shampoos and conditioners that mix well together chemically or detangling will be hard. Anyway, this seems to be working nicely.
UPDATE: the second time I used this it worked even MORE. I went two weeks without flakes and NO itch at all. This stuff has saved my hair. :)

on 11/19/2008 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have terrible dandruff because of high testosterone, and this does wonders for me. I have almost no flakes now. If I stop using it, I notice a difference right away, so I'm gonna stick with it. I usually just put in on my scalp, don't scrub or massage, and then put in a regular shampoo on top and wash normally, so that my hair doesn;t smell like the Nizoral and doesn't feel as dry as with the Nizoral alone.

on 9/17/2006 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product really rocks. It is the only one which help my itchy and flaky scalp. One night, I was running out of Nizoral and had been using regular shampoo instead, my scalp was getting so itchy and flaking terribly, I scratch it like crazy, then decided at 2 am to run to rite aid to help my life.
Highend product with dirt cheap price.
God bless those whom created this shampoo.