Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

3.7

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 10/12/2018 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product saved my scalp. For years, I've suffered from seborrheic dermatitis. Without any treatment, my scalp looks dry and scaly. I've used all of the anti-dandruff shampoos, including all of the "Clinical" and "Extra-Strengths". I used prescription stuff. Nothing helped! I would apply moisturizer so my scalp would look normal.
I found the 60 mL at my drugstore for about $10 CAN, which is expensive. I followed the directions and voila - my seborrhoea was gone! I've been using this for years. I used it every time I washed for about 2 weeks until things were under control. Now, I use it weekly to prevent it from coming back. It's made my hair thicker and smell good. The only issue is that it's drying, so using a deep-conditioner is essential! This has been my HG for years now. I hope to God they never discontinue this thing.
If you have a stubborn case of seborrhoea, try this. It's worth it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'd read up plenty on Nizoral being good for hair loss and also its main purpose - dandruff and so I gave it a try some years back and also a couple of years after too. Both times it did nothing for my dandruff, psoriasis or hair falling. My hair ended up feeling completely dried out, whilst my scalp reacted angrily, becoming inflamed and irritated by this shampoo. For reference I purchased a fresh bottle both times and had the same reaction. Had to discontinue within a week as none of my symptoms improved (granted hair shedding would have taken a longer period of use to subside) but unfortunately the irritation just would not allow me to keep using it. Luckily I found another shampoo with Ketoconazole that did help, yet without the SLS and other unwanted ingredients that seem to trouble me.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hey guys, my review for this product is based on skincare. I have acne-prone skin that is quite oily. When I do breakout, it's quite cystic, but because of my skin tone; it isn't very visible. I also have a lot of flesh coloured bumps on my forehead, done some research and found out it is pityrosporum folliculitis. Something to do with fungas and whatnot.

After seeing many people on Acne.org suggest Nizoral, I decided to buy it. I bought it on Amazon for £6. It arrived the same day, I thought the packaging looked quite cheap and the bottle was smaller than I expected so I hoped it would work.
I squeezed a pea size amount into my palm and wet my hands, lathering it up. I then decided to put it on my whole face as I had a few spots on my chin and cheeks I wanted to reduce . I left the product on for 10 minutes and then rinsed it off. My face felt smooth but was quite dry/ tight; so I moisturised using some aqueous cream. In the morning I repeated the process and throughout the day I checked to see if it might've worked, and it had! The bumps on my forehead where significantly reduced and some weren't even there anymore. I decided to do the whole process again in he evening before bed. And after rinsing it off, I can say that the product has worked wonders! My skin is smooth and my main problem area (forehead) has had a dramatic improvement. I have only used this product 3 times. So I can't be sure if it is working to its full extent, but I will post an update after one weeks use.

UPDATE:
I have used this product for 5 days and the first mistake I made was to use it in the morning AND the evening on my whole face. I didn't realise how drying it was going to be. It left my skin feeling quite tight but after using aqueous cream, it was okay. But on the 5th day of me doing this routine, I realised how dry my face had gotten. It sort of feels scaly in a sense, but it doesn't look it. Other than this negative; the product did significantly reduce the bumps all on my forehead, it is now smooth and flat (no bumps) which I am ecstatic about. It did also reduce any other spots I had aswell. Since my problem areas have been helped, I now have to focus on getting all of this dry skin off. Yesterday I applied honey to my whole face and left it for about 4 hours. I then used white sugar to scrub my face while the honey was on and then washed it all off, using the remaining sugar just going over the really dry areas. My skin was left soft and smooth. I moisturised with aqueous cream again to lock in the moisture. Feeling my skin now, there are only a few patches where it's rough (from dryness); which I am quite happy about. I am now cleansing with aqueous cream and using either Nivea facial cream or aqueous cream to moisturise.

So I would recommend his product for anyone who has pityrosporum folliculitis because it does work. But I would recommend you only use it at night and twice a week!!