Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.1

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 7/31/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING! i had dandruff for years since i was a child, nothing made it go away like this! i tried hot oil treatment, ACV rinses, different commercial shampoos and medicated shampoos... nothing made it go away, i am so happy i found out about it! i was so surprised how i was able to see my scalp for the first time in a long time! i used it for two times and it had made an amazing change in my scalp, finally got rid of dandruff!

on 7/8/2014 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

product has SLS as an Ingredient and dyes. still irritates my scalp though not as much as others. effective in removing scales on my scalp and not too harsh to my hair. leaves my hair squeaky clean and manageable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Whenever my PCOS flares up and I miss my monthly cycle, I concurrently get a whopper Sebhorreic Dermatitis outbreak. I guess they're both down to stress. Anywho, this helped me during the absolute worst SD of my life a few months ago; within a week the dandruff and itching had improved drastically.
Unfortunately, it's damn expensive, leaves a greasy buildup in the hair at the crown, and the effects don't last long for me. Switched to Head & Shoulders 'for itchy scalps', and it seems to be working better than this, which I didn't expect due to my suspected reaction to SLS. Way more product for your money, too.

on 9/19/2013 4:55:00 AM

I'm so impressed with this product. I saw all the reviews and decided to buy it. After one use, my dandruff is pretty much gone. Yay :D

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I am on approx. my 8th bottle of this right now. I don't know what I would do without it, honestly.

I get really bad dandruff during any times of great stress, which for me unfortunately is almost always. Head and Shoulders has worked for me in the past, but I would have to wash daily with it to maintain my scalp. I just can't do that, my hair is curly and using something so drying on a daily basis is a no-go (whenever I use dandruff shampoos my fingertips literally dry up like raisins and it takes 2 different body lotions and half an hr after a shower to get them back to normal).

So I use the Nizoral, only once weekly for maintenance. To combat the drying effects I warm it up and suds it up in my hands before applying it directly to my scalp with my fingertips. This keeps me from needlessly using it on the length of my hair, which doesn't need the medication or the drying. I leave it in while I comb some conditioner through my length, so that winds up being about 15-20 minutes usually. I deep condition and treat my scalp at the same time :).

I do buy the larger size from my local walmart, which keeps me from feeling like I spend a fortune, but it's still irritating because I do run out fairly frequently. But it's worth it. My scalp feels so healthy and I never think about flakes, unless I forego using this for some reason.

on 4/12/2012 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I am probably on my fifth bottle of this- and I have tried many (head and shoulders, garnier, selsun, neutrogena t gel, loreal, etc) that have either not worked at all or worked minimally.
Nizoral does dry my hair out so I would recommend a good conditioner and dont overdo it. When I have bad issues (they crop up every now and then, Im not sure why) I use it every other time I wash my hair but when Im not having issues I use it maybe once a month. It takes about three times of washing my hair with it to get rid of all problems but they are alleviated after the first use.

on 1/19/2012 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible dandruff, but not itchy scalp. Just very flaky. I tried a similar-priced zinc based product and got no results. Bought the Nizaral 1% based on the MUA reviews. Got it for $11.99 on sale at Ralph's of all places. The first few days - NOTHING. I was sure I would have to go back to the dermatologist. But then, around the 3rd/4th day, the dandruff was GONE! It's been two weeks and still nothing. Yes, it's a small bottle, but definitely worth it.

on 1/10/2011 1:57:00 PM

My scalp's not particularly dandruffy, but let's face it - we all get the occasional itchiness occasionally. Even the closest group of friends are reluctant to discuss dandruff or god forbid, admit to it!

My dryness acts up in the really cold months and that's when it's time to bring out the Nizoral. I've tried them all from Zinc Pyrethione in varying strengths to Selenium Sulfide but none have worked so well as Nizoral, which has the added bonus of NOT leaving my hair looking and feeling like dried coconut husks. It's costly at about $15.00 for the larger bottle but worth every penny.
(Some swear by all the hair gods it makes the hair look thicker but if so, I've not seen it. Guess it's one of those Urban Beauty Myths.)

** Follow the instructions precisely and keep it out of your eyes or they will feel dry and sting a bit. Once the flakes have gone, use it once or twice weekly to keep it that way. Curiously, Nizoral's made in Italy and quite frankly, I'd track it down were it made in Outer Mongolia - it works so well.

Don't fotz around with the cheaper options for this irritating little problem - they don't work nearly as well or as quickly as Nizoral.
Trust me and invest the little extra cash. Your scalp and hair WILL thank you...

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm not really one to say anything like this, but this product is seriously a miracle worker.

My boyfriend has suffered from dandruff for as long as I've known him. Luckily, it has never been serious but a mild annoyance. He's tried everything from Head and Shoulders to Neutrogena T-Gel, all with lackluster results. Thanks to the ladies at MUA, I helped him find Nizoral. He used it a few times a week at the beginning. His dandruff started becoming less frequent, so he then used it only when he noticed it starting to make a comeback. I was floored! I've never heard of anything that actually works this well to keep dandruff at bay. Recently, I started to get a little bit as well. I freaked and bought a new bottle of Nizoral and treated it and it's no longer a problem. Love this stuff!

It's a little pricey but totally worth it, and chances are that the bottle will last a while because you don't use it everyday. If you suffer from dandruff, even a little bit, this is the cure.

on 1/28/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

Nizoral does work (the 2% strength from Canada MUCH better than the OTC 1% sold in the USA) but I hate using it. I hate the smell (though it's not horrid odor, I just don't like the smell) & I think it dries out my hair.

I also don't like the price, but I won't complain about that. :)
Not only would I buy it again but I've also already repurchased this several times.