Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

3.5

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Whenever my PCOS flares up and I miss my monthly cycle, I concurrently get a whopper Sebhorreic Dermatitis outbreak. I guess they're both down to stress. Anywho, this helped me during the absolute worst SD of my life a few months ago; within a week the dandruff and itching had improved drastically.
Unfortunately, it's damn expensive, leaves a greasy buildup in the hair at the crown, and the effects don't last long for me. Switched to Head & Shoulders 'for itchy scalps', and it seems to be working better than this, which I didn't expect due to my suspected reaction to SLS. Way more product for your money, too.

on 1/28/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

Nizoral does work (the 2% strength from Canada MUCH better than the OTC 1% sold in the USA) but I hate using it. I hate the smell (though it's not horrid odor, I just don't like the smell) & I think it dries out my hair.

I also don't like the price, but I won't complain about that. :)
Not only would I buy it again but I've also already repurchased this several times.

Popular Shampoos