Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Curly
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.3

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 5/1/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My scalp is usually oily, with dry ends to my long hair, though I hadnít had a major dandruff problem in years, and Head & Shoulders had kept my scalp in moderate condition on a regular basis (I was never really a fan of Head & Shoulders and I continued to use it out of habit). But when I became pregnant with my forth child, and a harsh winter hit at the same time, my skin and scalp rebelled. The flakiness of my face and scalp were uncontrollable and embarrassing. I found out I had seborrheic dermatitis made worse by my eczema. I started treating my face with hydrocortisone and an antifungal, but my scalp I treated with this. After one use, my scalp felt more comfortable, not as itchy, though the flakes werenít really improved. Two weeks later (shampooing with this every other day), my scalp was significantly less flaky and didnít itch at all. The bottle recommends using this shampoo 3-4 times a week for eight weeks then only as needed. For me it was about ten weeks before the dandruff was truly manageable with once or twice a week. That was also about the time that my skin calmed down too so it is possible that my skin and scalp issues wouldíve resolved themselves. Still, the results of this were so immediate that I know it helped so I will continue to use it as needed and purchase again when I run out. On a side note: my nine-year-old daughter has a horrible oily scalp (but no flakes) and this shampoo did nothing for her, I need to keep searching for something for her.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

All my life I have had stubborn dandruff and itchy scalp. I tried Head and Shoulders, Selsun Blue and a bunch of DIY hair concoctions, but nothing worked. A friend of mine then told me about Nizoral and I tried it. It is AMAZING. I use it once a week and my dandruff has completely disappeared, my scalp is no longer itchy, and it actually does a great job of removing product buildup which was a nice surprise. This is now one of my must-have products for life. I definitely recommend this to everyone who struggles with dandruff like I used to. This product works.

Update: January 17, 2017

After prolonged use of this product it has started to make my scalp itchy. Not sure why this has begun, but I've lowered my rating from 5 stars to 3 stars.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have a secret: I have dandruff. When you're a redhead, most everyone assumes that you have the most beautiful scalp the world has ever seen because, and according to my mother, "redhair is a cascading waterfall of autumn leaves and fire". But sadly, that is not so. It started when I was about 7 or 8, so I've had this problem for a long time. This shampoo is the only thing that has made my scalp feel clean, fresh, and flake free. Don't use this everyday because it will dry your hair out. I don't wash my hair every day because I have medium thick hair that will frizz out of control if I do. I use this about two-three times a week to keep up. My only problem with this is that it will not cure your dandruff, but it will clear it up as long as you use it at least twice a week. Check this out!

on 10/10/2009 8:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great. It kept my head free of dandruff for like two years and I just bought it again because my scalp is getting little scabs and flakes on it. I kind of like the old lady smell, haha.

on 9/17/2006 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product really rocks. It is the only one which help my itchy and flaky scalp. One night, I was running out of Nizoral and had been using regular shampoo instead, my scalp was getting so itchy and flaking terribly, I scratch it like crazy, then decided at 2 am to run to rite aid to help my life.
Highend product with dirt cheap price.
God bless those whom created this shampoo.

on 11/21/2003 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is the only thing that works when I get itchy scalp/patches of flakiness (mainly during season changes). It was recommended by my doctor and works great. It's a little expensive and I wouldn't use it as a daily shampoo, but when I need it, it clears up problems immediately.