Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.7

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been dealing with shedding for years now, triggered by a terrible Accutane experience which wound up throwing my hormones out of whack and worsening my PCOS. I've tried nearly everything else-- supplements, dietary changes, and things had gotten slightly better, but I always knew I was shedding more than I should.

But that all changed.

I'd accepted my hair loss. I was actually reading up on Monistat to grow hair faster (I've got some pesky bangs I want to grow out, not to mention a ton of baby hairs from when my shed took a turn for the worse...) and discovered it could help shedding. So I picked up the Monistat and Nizoral so I would have a double dose of antifungals, since their ingredients are related. I'd do a weekly Monistat scalp treatment and wash my hair every 2-3 days with diluted Nizoral (just a squirt in a color applicator bottle; you really don't need much.)

I'd had a problem with scalp buildup, mainly since I was afraid to manipulate my hair since my follicles were so weak. Gone. I had dandruff. Gone. And my terrible Accutane-induced hair loss? Back to normal levels. I couldn't believe it.

I'm behind on my Monistat treatments and I still don't have as much shedding.

The only problem I've found is that, although it keeps my scalp healthy, it dries out the rest of my hair. Yeah, it gives my fine hair a little extra volume, but it's not shiny and is more brittle than usual. I've got more tangles than usual, too... SLS is one of the main ingredients, so that's to be expected.

Oh well. Gonna keep using. :)

on 12/24/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shampoo is great with the mild dandruff I have during certain times of the year, but what is also great about it is that the main ingredient has also shown signs of reducing shedding. This is something I've read about in random bouts of research and so decided to try it solely for that reason. From time to time I get dht related excessive shedding due to an ovarian condition that causes hormonal imbalance. When I use this product for long periods of time, I do notice a reduction of that shedding. The smell isn't too bad either, and I only have to use it as directed on the bottle, every couple days.

on 3/6/2004 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know what the heck was giving me flakes, never had em in my life...this literally worked after one use!!! I am not kidding..the smell is sooo good and no more flakies...excellent stuff..if you have flakes, go get it now!! Worth every penny! I paid 9.99 for 4 ounces at CVS..