Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Dry
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.6

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 3/29/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I suffer from very nasty dandruff problem that was a source of embarrassment for me since I was a kid. Nothing and I mean NOTHING helped me reduce it. This shampoo is the only thing that has ever managed to reduce my dandruff. I tried so many things over the years with fail. Now I can go days without washing my hair and without disgusting flakes taking over my scalp. It's the best and the bottle lasts me for a whole year. I use it at least once a week to keep the dandruff away, if i skiped it for a week I start noticing the dandruff coming back. But once I am consistent on using it every week again and the dandruff disappeared totally.

on 7/31/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING! i had dandruff for years since i was a child, nothing made it go away like this! i tried hot oil treatment, ACV rinses, different commercial shampoos and medicated shampoos... nothing made it go away, i am so happy i found out about it! i was so surprised how i was able to see my scalp for the first time in a long time! i used it for two times and it had made an amazing change in my scalp, finally got rid of dandruff!

on 8/11/2012 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I found Nizoral to be more drying to my hair and scalp than Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Shampoo, even though I used a moisturizing conditioner after shampooing. It also eliminated my hair's body, leaving it limp.

on 2/27/2011 8:06:00 PM

I have suffered with very severe scalp psoraisis for 30 years.
I tried Nizoral about 12 years ago and like everything else it didn't work for me.
Fast forward to now. My little guy Is showing the same signs so I decided to give this another try.
Son far so good.
I am so relieved. I didn't want my son to have the same enbarassing flaking I have.
He is almost free of flaking and mine is greatly reduced.
We use it about 3x times in a row and take 2x off.
Fingers crossed I have cure.
I will update if it Stops working.
It has a strong stinky smell. I like this because it reminds me not to use too much which is important since it is a medicine.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm not really one to say anything like this, but this product is seriously a miracle worker.

My boyfriend has suffered from dandruff for as long as I've known him. Luckily, it has never been serious but a mild annoyance. He's tried everything from Head and Shoulders to Neutrogena T-Gel, all with lackluster results. Thanks to the ladies at MUA, I helped him find Nizoral. He used it a few times a week at the beginning. His dandruff started becoming less frequent, so he then used it only when he noticed it starting to make a comeback. I was floored! I've never heard of anything that actually works this well to keep dandruff at bay. Recently, I started to get a little bit as well. I freaked and bought a new bottle of Nizoral and treated it and it's no longer a problem. Love this stuff!

It's a little pricey but totally worth it, and chances are that the bottle will last a while because you don't use it everyday. If you suffer from dandruff, even a little bit, this is the cure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used all of the antidandruff and regular shampoos in the past 15 years. It took me a while to take a chance on this shampoo because of the price and because I had no luck before. So it cost $15 and my SO uses it with me. We were both amazed that suddenly, our dandruff was gone. No flakes. We wash our hairs every other day, first this shampoo then Garnier Fructis's antidandruff shampoo. I can wear black again without brushing my shoulders. I don't have to check myself every time I touch my hair. My scalp isn't itchy and this doesn't leave my hair full of residue like H&S does. The smell is just like other antidandruff shampoo (except Garnier Fructis which always smells great and fruity), but it doesn't make my hair brittle and rough. Though it's pricey, it does its job which is wonderful! Finally! I found a working product!

on 1/28/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

Nizoral does work (the 2% strength from Canada MUCH better than the OTC 1% sold in the USA) but I hate using it. I hate the smell (though it's not horrid odor, I just don't like the smell) & I think it dries out my hair.

I also don't like the price, but I won't complain about that. :)
Not only would I buy it again but I've also already repurchased this several times.

on 12/6/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have thick, dry hair that can't be washed more than once a week, but lately I had to wash it every three to four days at the minimum because of the itch and dandruff even right after washing. I used this shampoo once five days ago and I noticed the dandruff improved right away. There was NO dandruff or itching the first couple of days and at this five day mark I am noticing VERY little to no dandruff, and my scalp still feel fresh. I noticed that this shampoo mixes very well with my conditioner (Herbal Essences Hydralicious) and it left my hair nicely detangled. For people with thick hair like mine, its important to find shampoos and conditioners that mix well together chemically or detangling will be hard. Anyway, this seems to be working nicely.
UPDATE: the second time I used this it worked even MORE. I went two weeks without flakes and NO itch at all. This stuff has saved my hair. :)

Finally something that controls the itchiness and keeps my dandruff at bay! Thank God for this product! It has been working so far and I hope it continues to do so. Its a small blue bottle that runs for about $15.00 in the US. I have been using it for about 2 months. I use 2-3 times a week and it doesnt smell bad at all. I am praying this is the one.

on 11/4/2006 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Within two uses, the horrible itching on my scalp was gone. I don't have visible dandruff or flakes, but as the weather gets cold i always develop bad itching. Thank's to Nizoral my scalp is now calm and itch-free. I use this once a week for maintenance.It does dry the hair out, but nothing a good conditioner can't fix.