Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

3.8

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried H&S, Tsal/Tgel, Selsun, Clear scalp therapy and Paul Mitchell Tea Tree. Nizoral is the only thing that has worked for me completely. No more itching or scalp build up, very very very little flaking. Compared to what I had before using it, my scalp seems really normal. It's expensive for shampoo (about $20 at CVS), but I'm happy to pay it because it WORKS. Don't use it as an every day shampoo though or you'll completely dry out your hair.

***UPDATE 06/08/14*** Still using this product. Still working.

on 11/30/2012 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have very bad dandruff problem ever since puberty. Nothing really works for me (Head&Shoulders, or even the T-gel from Neutrogena that i eventually became allergic too). I also tried Klorane's shampoo for greasy hair (dandruff and greasy always go hand in hand for me). it worked for a while then stopped working....Nizoral really is the best. Not only it makes my hair light weighted and frech, it also prevents the itchiness and dandruff. My problem improved so much.

on 11/29/2009 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have really bad dry scalp that is flaky and patchy. I find that if I use Nizoral for about 2 weeks, it clears up enough so I can skip using the product for a while.

However, I have thick hair that only requires washing every two days, so using the product twice a week is easy for me. The product does smell, but this beats any other OTC dandruff shampoo - and I've tried them all!

This product is expensive in the UK, so I usually wait until I can get shipment in from the States.

on 11/10/2006 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I had a reaction to this after using it for awhile. I had great hopes, initially my dandruff appeared to be a little better, that was short lived! my hair follicles started to look red and inflamed and my scalp felt sore and irritated-i perservered and sad to say now my dandruff is worse than ever. It is very drying. It did not affect my highlights so that was the only plus. Won,t be using this again.