Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by age: 36-43
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.7

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 5/1/2016 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Great product that REALLY works like a charm -- for dandruff (as a shampoo) AND body skincare (as a body wash -- follow the same instructions as the shampoo, but use as a body wash instead)! Been using it for years for my scalp and I seriously cannot remember the last time I had a flake. Started using it as a body wash a couple of months ago (for some pimples on problem areas) and wow, it cleared that up pretty well! (And FAST!). Highly recommended, this one's here to stay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I used this years ago after a doc prescribed it. It helped but over the years I've been on a natural kick. I have very curly dry bushy hair and live in a hot humid climate. As much as I would like to wash my hair only occasionally, after 2-3 days of shampooing, my scalp becomes unbearably itchy. If I scratch it, an oily substance comes off in my nail. So my scalp is oily but my hair is so dry. After trying baking soda with no success, I tried using Nizoral again and after only one use, I felt the difference. My scalp was not itchy even after 4 days and even my hair looked healthier. I guess the clearing of the scalp helps oils travel down strands better. I will continue to use it twice a week for a month and then switch to once a week.

on 7/25/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only thing that works for me! The price isn't terrible and it's not terribly harsh on my hair. Once your condition is under control, you only need to use once or twice a week. I've tried many other products but this is my HG.

on 2/24/2014 2:09:00 PM

The only that helps control my Seborrheic Dermatitis

on 11/5/2013 7:07:00 PM

This is the only shampoo that has worked for my dandruff and itchy scalp. Since this shampoo contains an anti-fungal as the active ingredient, it clears away the root of the problem. This product may not work for you if you are experiencing flakes due to dry scalp. Dry scalp flakes are smaller than dandruff flakes. Typically but not always, dandruff accompanies oily scalp. I tried H&S, Selsun Blue and a couple of other things to no avail. They actually stopped making this product for a while and recently it's been put back on the shelf, thank GOD!! It's a true life saver, no more dandruff and no more itch!.

on 1/19/2012 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible dandruff, but not itchy scalp. Just very flaky. I tried a similar-priced zinc based product and got no results. Bought the Nizaral 1% based on the MUA reviews. Got it for $11.99 on sale at Ralph's of all places. The first few days - NOTHING. I was sure I would have to go back to the dermatologist. But then, around the 3rd/4th day, the dandruff was GONE! It's been two weeks and still nothing. Yes, it's a small bottle, but definitely worth it.

on 11/20/2011 10:20:00 PM

I luv luv it. Expensive but works, n 1 week hair loss is like 3%, itch n flakes almost gone. I feel normal again! YES

on 10/7/2011 4:25:00 PM

For me this is truly a miracle product! I have had SD for years and nothing helped until I bought this. *Immediatly* my scalp was normal. No itching, scaling, flaking! My hair is also not falling out from the clogged scalp pores anymore. Thank god. I can't live without this product.
I had tried Head and Shoulders, Selson Blue, etc and those just seemed to make my scalp dry and itch/flake even more. Nizoral calms my scalp internally.
Yes its expensive, smells strongly medicin-y, drys ur hair out some (condition well after use) but it WORKS.
Everyone has a different condition that causes itchy/flaky/scaly scalp but if you have tried everything else with no results or just so so results this is definatly worth the money.

on 8/16/2011 8:15:00 PM

I've had problems with dandruff for many years and have tried every kind of dandruff shampoo available. I'd avoided Nizoral because of the price but finally I just broke down and bought some and I'm so glad I did. I used the product like it said too, washing my hair twice a week for 8 weeks with it and then once a week after that. My dandruff disappeared. I actually stopped using it completely for almost three months before my dandruff came back. The anti fungal in the shampoo stays in your hair for days after you use it, this is why you don't want to over do it. I did have problems with my hair drying out so what I started to do is 1st wash my hair with a moisturizing shampoo and then use the Nizoral just on my scalp. That seemed to help a lot.

on 7/21/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I don't know what was going on with my scalp but out of no where it started to flake, peel, itch and my scalp was so sore I didn't even want to comb my hair. This went on for weeks. Finally, out of desperation I started searching online for a cure and of course I consulted my trusty MakeupAlley and came across Nizoral. No word of a lie, I've used it 2x now and my scalp is healed. Absolutely no flakes, no itching and I can comb my hair again without fear. I Absolutely would buy this again without hesitation!

Popular Shampoos