Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by age: 30-35
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.5

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 7/26/2015 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love this shampoo. I have severe flaky, skin peeling type of dandruff. I have tried many shampoo from head & shoulder, t-gel, zinc, sulfur, etch. You name it. This is the only product that can keep my snowing at bay.

on 5/1/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My scalp is usually oily, with dry ends to my long hair, though I hadnít had a major dandruff problem in years, and Head & Shoulders had kept my scalp in moderate condition on a regular basis (I was never really a fan of Head & Shoulders and I continued to use it out of habit). But when I became pregnant with my forth child, and a harsh winter hit at the same time, my skin and scalp rebelled. The flakiness of my face and scalp were uncontrollable and embarrassing. I found out I had seborrheic dermatitis made worse by my eczema. I started treating my face with hydrocortisone and an antifungal, but my scalp I treated with this. After one use, my scalp felt more comfortable, not as itchy, though the flakes werenít really improved. Two weeks later (shampooing with this every other day), my scalp was significantly less flaky and didnít itch at all. The bottle recommends using this shampoo 3-4 times a week for eight weeks then only as needed. For me it was about ten weeks before the dandruff was truly manageable with once or twice a week. That was also about the time that my skin calmed down too so it is possible that my skin and scalp issues wouldíve resolved themselves. Still, the results of this were so immediate that I know it helped so I will continue to use it as needed and purchase again when I run out. On a side note: my nine-year-old daughter has a horrible oily scalp (but no flakes) and this shampoo did nothing for her, I need to keep searching for something for her.

on 4/20/2014 2:19:00 PM

Unfortunately I must have this product with me at all times. I say unfortunate because I am a life-long sufferer of psoriasis on my scalp and have a rash on my stomach that was diagnosed as "tinea versicolor", believed to be caused by a fungus that naturally grows on human skin. For some reason the fungus causes a slight rash (my father also has this). I sometimes washmy stomach area with this and in warm, humid weather I will rub it in neat for a few minutes and then wash it off. It keeps the fungus under control. I sometimes (2-3 times monthly) wash my hair with it too, and try to rub it in the scalp to sit for a while before rinsing. Although psoriasis is not caused by fungus, I find Nizoral to at least keep the itchiness under control and calm the redness. I've been using this since the 1990s when I was a child.

on 3/19/2013 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had the worst dandruff ever. Tenacious, too. And this cleared it up in just two weeks. What I like about it is that it's more of a treatment, leaving you free to use your preferred choice of shampoo for daily washing. I disliked drugstore shampoos like Head and Shoulders because it's always too heavy for my fine, limp hair - I needed the extra volume boost too.

It's very easy to use - squeeze out the clear pink liquid, spread around my scalp, massage it in a little, and leave on for about 5 minutes. Then I rinse it out and use my everyday shampoo. It works perfectly!

Very happy with it.

on 4/3/2012 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff works!! In fact it is the ONLY thing that has worked for my dry flakes and itchy scalp. For some reason at the end of last summer I started noticing flakes in my hair and that my scalp was dry and itchy. It gradually got to the point where I had these scabby spots of dead skin on my scalp and when I scratched them more flakes would come off. It was horrible.

So I tried Head and Shoulders Dandruff Shampoo for Dry Scalp and it made my thin, fine hair SO greasy and disgusting it was as if I had washed my hair with butter. I even tried to use a clarifying shampoo before each use and it still made my hair feel beyond gross. I also tried Garnier Fructis Dandruff Shampoo and it also made my hair greasy and weighed it down and yet did absolutely nothing for the flakes. Then I tried Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo and although it smelled great and was sulfate free, it dried out my hair and, again, did not help the flakes.

So after reading all the great reviews about Nizoral on MU I decided to give it a go despite it being a bit pricey. I followed the directions and used it every 4 days. Within two weeks the flakes were GONE, the itchiness was gone and two months later neither have returned! It also didn't make my hair greasy at all. It was drying, but not that much more than the tea tree oil shampoo and since you are not supposed to use it every day it wasn't a big deal. I am sooo happy to finally be flake free after all this time and this shampoo has definitely reached HG status with me. Absolutely worth the price.

on 1/4/2012 8:17:00 PM

I get the occasional case of dandruff and this is the best thing that I have found. I let the shampoo sit for two minutes or two after lathering up really well, then condition. If I do this twice I am dandruff free for many months. I highly recommend a good conditioner because it can be a bit drying.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This shampoo does wonders for my scalp. I have a dry, itchy, flaky scalp and this helps to keep it under control. I used it about every 3-4 days for the first 6 weeks, then when I felt my scalp was better I use it only 1-2 times a week. A little goes a long way and the shampoo smell clean and fresh. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is that it's VERY drying. I need to use a heavier conditioner on the days I use this shampoo.

on 10/15/2010 8:45:00 PM

It looks like many people are reviewing the 2% (red colour version) which I strongly dislike and find too drying. However, the 1% (blue colour) is fantastic! Eliminates dandruff while leaving hair in good, manageable condition. Sometimes the 1% can be found in larger 200ml bottles too, which are better value for money.

Have tried all other AD shampoos on the market (including Kerastase) and Nizoral is hands-down the best!

on 4/26/2010 12:24:00 AM

I don't have dandruff but I have oily scalp and back and sometimes I get little bumps. I bought it based on some reviews saying that it helps to regulate the oil, heal the bumps on back and scalp and that it helps with hair growth. It did absolutely nothing for me except drying my hair really bad.

on 11/29/2009 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have really bad dry scalp that is flaky and patchy. I find that if I use Nizoral for about 2 weeks, it clears up enough so I can skip using the product for a while.

However, I have thick hair that only requires washing every two days, so using the product twice a week is easy for me. The product does smell, but this beats any other OTC dandruff shampoo - and I've tried them all!

This product is expensive in the UK, so I usually wait until I can get shipment in from the States.