Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by age: 25-29
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.3

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

I believe this shampoo is quite expensive here where I live so I had it bought from the US. Back to my review, this shampoo does work and slowly my dandruff problems are starting to get rid off. Lesser chances of itching scalp at first BUT the dandruff is more visible now. Plus it doesn't bubble, maybe bec I am used to shampoo with bubbles forming later on. I guess I can live with that. This is the only anti dandruff shampoo that's working for my itchy scalp. Definitely going to purchase again.

on 12/29/2016 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I don't have dandruff but for 15 years I've dealt with a mysteriously itchy scalp despite my attempts at moisturizing , washing, and all the tips and tricks to alleviate it. Finally I gave this a go and i now can go up to two weeks without my scalp itching. The itch is finally gone. This product is an interesting bold shade of blue and goes from $12-$16 depending on where you purchase it. Though it does strip your hair, its nothing that a simple conditioner can't soften. I only focus on my scalp and just let the suds run through the strands. My only two issues with this product is that it burns bitterly in your eyes, and i have yet to have a session where some didn't somehow get in my eyes. You must be as thorough as possible removing any lingering product from your hair before you open your eyes. It doesn't just burn momentarily. It lingers in a way that makes me worry about long term damage. The other issue is the size for the amount i pay. I would really like this in a family size since it's now the only shampoo that i use and there just isn't a lot in this small bottle.

This didn't seem to work for my SD. I don't know why. I tried using as instructed but it's as if I hadn't used anything different. So disappointed, specially considering the crazy expensive price. Currently using neutrogena t gel but things seem identical as with this. We'll see.

I'm rating this based on the effect this product has had on my acne. I came across trying this product while scanning the internet for the cause of the tiny, flesh-coloured bumps on my skin that I thought was acne. I'm currently on Benzaclin gel, which has mainly cleared up my acne. However, the bumps on my forehead and cheeks would not go away. Upon a google search, I came across the term pityrosporum folliculitis, a condition caused by fungal overgrowth (similar to dandruff). I use this 2x a week after washing my face. I apply a teaspoon sized amount, lather it, and leave it on my face a few minutes. This has largely cleared up my bumps!!!!

on 3/12/2015 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product because I was losing a lot of hair and had excess sebum and Head and Shoulders didn't work. I used it as directed and now my hair and scalp aren't as bad. I only use it now when I notice my scalp is producing more sebum. I would say that it does dry out my hair so I only use it on my scalp. Also, because it doesn't lather I have to use more product so only using it on the scalp helps reduce product use. I would recommend this product to folks who feel Head and Shoulders and Selsum Blue didn't work for them.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried H&S, Tsal/Tgel, Selsun, Clear scalp therapy and Paul Mitchell Tea Tree. Nizoral is the only thing that has worked for me completely. No more itching or scalp build up, very very very little flaking. Compared to what I had before using it, my scalp seems really normal. It's expensive for shampoo (about $20 at CVS), but I'm happy to pay it because it WORKS. Don't use it as an every day shampoo though or you'll completely dry out your hair.

***UPDATE 06/08/14*** Still using this product. Still working.

on 7/27/2013 2:56:00 AM

The best for dandruff and psoriasis.... The best. A miracle. I have bad psoriasis and i even apply on body and it disappears loveeeee

on 12/24/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shampoo is great with the mild dandruff I have during certain times of the year, but what is also great about it is that the main ingredient has also shown signs of reducing shedding. This is something I've read about in random bouts of research and so decided to try it solely for that reason. From time to time I get dht related excessive shedding due to an ovarian condition that causes hormonal imbalance. When I use this product for long periods of time, I do notice a reduction of that shedding. The smell isn't too bad either, and I only have to use it as directed on the bottle, every couple days.

on 4/12/2012 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I am probably on my fifth bottle of this- and I have tried many (head and shoulders, garnier, selsun, neutrogena t gel, loreal, etc) that have either not worked at all or worked minimally.
Nizoral does dry my hair out so I would recommend a good conditioner and dont overdo it. When I have bad issues (they crop up every now and then, Im not sure why) I use it every other time I wash my hair but when Im not having issues I use it maybe once a month. It takes about three times of washing my hair with it to get rid of all problems but they are alleviated after the first use.

on 5/1/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was "officially" diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis in March 2010 and the dermatologist I saw at that time recommended I try Nizoral to combat the symptoms. My SD manifests itself by causing breakouts on the back of my head and neck, and flaky red patches along my brow. He told me to wash my hair and face with this about three times a week for a few months and that should clear up the symptoms. Well, it did work but seemed a bit too drying for me. The active ingredient in this product is ketoconazole, which is a very powerful antifungal. I no longer use Nizoral for SD (a 3% BHA shampoo seems to keep my scalp in check and SD is not currently present on my face) but would buy again if I need to. I do recommend this highly if you or a friend/family member has a persistent or severe case of dandruff or SD and the normal stuff (Head and Shoulders, T-Gel, etc.) had no effect. Since it's antifungal as well, this may work well for something like athlete's foot (though I've never tried that myself). Please note: Nizoral is not an everyday shampoo, it is a treatment shampoo so you only need to use it once every few days.

Popular Shampoos