Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by age: 19-24
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.4

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 10/12/2018 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product saved my scalp. For years, I've suffered from seborrheic dermatitis. Without any treatment, my scalp looks dry and scaly. I've used all of the anti-dandruff shampoos, including all of the "Clinical" and "Extra-Strengths". I used prescription stuff. Nothing helped! I would apply moisturizer so my scalp would look normal.
I found the 60 mL at my drugstore for about $10 CAN, which is expensive. I followed the directions and voila - my seborrhoea was gone! I've been using this for years. I used it every time I washed for about 2 weeks until things were under control. Now, I use it weekly to prevent it from coming back. It's made my hair thicker and smell good. The only issue is that it's drying, so using a deep-conditioner is essential! This has been my HG for years now. I hope to God they never discontinue this thing.
If you have a stubborn case of seborrhoea, try this. It's worth it.

on 3/29/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I suffer from very nasty dandruff problem that was a source of embarrassment for me since I was a kid. Nothing and I mean NOTHING helped me reduce it. This shampoo is the only thing that has ever managed to reduce my dandruff. I tried so many things over the years with fail. Now I can go days without washing my hair and without disgusting flakes taking over my scalp. It's the best and the bottle lasts me for a whole year. I use it at least once a week to keep the dandruff away, if i skiped it for a week I start noticing the dandruff coming back. But once I am consistent on using it every week again and the dandruff disappeared totally.

on 11/6/2016 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This past summer, I was dealing with a pretty severe case of folliculitis, that my doctor believed to just be acne. It was all over my forehead, cheeks, scalp, chest, and shoulders, and was beginning to travel down my arms. The hair on my scalp was falling out at an alarming rate. I did some research into what could be going on with my skin, and found that many people used Nizoral, particularly in combination with low-grade antibiotics, to help treat their folliculitis. My doctor prescribed Minocycline to help with my "acne", and I bought Nizoral as a last resort, to use as a shampoo. My scalp was almost 100% better within a week. I noticed that the skin on my hairline was starting to improve as well, so I tried it as a body and face wash.
As a face wash, it is quite drying, and unfortunately with folliculitis, excessive moisturizing can exacerbate the problem. HOWEVER, this (in combination with the Minocycline and a few weeks later Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid), my skin is significantly better. I haven't had a recurrence of bumps on my forehead, and the texture on my cheeks is significantly improved. My chest and shoulders are perfectly clear.
This stuff worked wonders for me. I now use it 1-2 times a week to maintain the results.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried Head & Shoulders, Selsun, and T-Gel all with no luck. This is now my HG anti-dandruff shampoo! This has a unoffensive, soapy smell that does not linger and this shampoo actually lathers and cleans! Most other anti-dandruff shampoos I've tried have just stripped my hair completely. This lathered really nicely and still didn't leave my hair dry when I rinsed it out. I have very thick, color treated hair with oily roots and super dry ends. This stopped the itching, stopped the flakes, and got rid of buildup. This is awesome. I would recommend to anyone who is struggling with scalp issues.

on 7/31/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING! i had dandruff for years since i was a child, nothing made it go away like this! i tried hot oil treatment, ACV rinses, different commercial shampoos and medicated shampoos... nothing made it go away, i am so happy i found out about it! i was so surprised how i was able to see my scalp for the first time in a long time! i used it for two times and it had made an amazing change in my scalp, finally got rid of dandruff!

on 1/24/2015 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this hoping it would reduce my unexplained shedding. I was not shedding extremely much hair, but enough to make me uncomfortable, like twice as usual. I want to keep my quite thick hair on my head and grow it really long so I will not tolerate shedding too much as I refuse to give up having "my dream hair" at 22 years old. I have used this product 4 times now and honestly, it has reduced my shedding with every wash. This night I only collected about 6 hairs in the shower. Barely two weeks ago I was shedding more like 40 hairs in the shower. I use a different shampoo before Nizoral, than work the Niz onto my scalp, apply conditioner on the length of my hair, clip it up, go on with the rest of my shower routine and then rinse it off. It simply works to stop the shedding. I am very pleased. It's not some placebo effect or wishful thinking. I collect the hairs I am shedding in the shower carefully, because I do not want to clog the draining. Just four washes of this have reduced my shedding to about 20-30 % and it seems to get better with every wash.
A few negative points that made me take a point off my rating:
-barely lathers at all . it is a liquid shampoo that will barely make any foam. I need to apply it a few times to feel secure that I have enough product on my scalp. I suggest getting your hair very quickly through the shower head, it would make the shampoo lather more
-very expensive for the quantity. I can tell the price is speculative because nizoral doesn't have much competition. ketoconazole is not an expensive ingredient so the price is too high
-is rather drying on the hair. just use a conditioner

I will update my review after some more time.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

All my life I have had stubborn dandruff and itchy scalp. I tried Head and Shoulders, Selsun Blue and a bunch of DIY hair concoctions, but nothing worked. A friend of mine then told me about Nizoral and I tried it. It is AMAZING. I use it once a week and my dandruff has completely disappeared, my scalp is no longer itchy, and it actually does a great job of removing product buildup which was a nice surprise. This is now one of my must-have products for life. I definitely recommend this to everyone who struggles with dandruff like I used to. This product works.

Update: January 17, 2017

After prolonged use of this product it has started to make my scalp itchy. Not sure why this has begun, but I've lowered my rating from 5 stars to 3 stars.

I bought this product because I felt like my hair was shedding more than usual and it was freaking me out. I now use this product once a week and have noticed a dramatic decrease in the shedding. I feel like around 50 hairs used to come out in the comb when I combed my hair after the shower and now I get like 10 or 15. It does leave your hair a little bit dry but I believe this product really helps to stop the shedding.

on 7/8/2014 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

product has SLS as an Ingredient and dyes. still irritates my scalp though not as much as others. effective in removing scales on my scalp and not too harsh to my hair. leaves my hair squeaky clean and manageable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Whenever my PCOS flares up and I miss my monthly cycle, I concurrently get a whopper Sebhorreic Dermatitis outbreak. I guess they're both down to stress. Anywho, this helped me during the absolute worst SD of my life a few months ago; within a week the dandruff and itching had improved drastically.
Unfortunately, it's damn expensive, leaves a greasy buildup in the hair at the crown, and the effects don't last long for me. Switched to Head & Shoulders 'for itchy scalps', and it seems to be working better than this, which I didn't expect due to my suspected reaction to SLS. Way more product for your money, too.

Popular Shampoos